Home

Battle Of Endor Siege WIP

monsoontide

Would You Like Me To Finish The Battle Of Endor SIEGE Map?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Like Me To Finish The Battle Of Endor SIEGE Map?

• Yes Please! Let me kill some Rebel Scum.
    • No Thanks. I'm waiting for SW:Battlefront

Hey! :D

While I'm still developing the ENDOR map, is there anything anyone would like to see/do in the map - as far as gameplay goes?

(i.e. objectives, locations, things like chokepoints etc etc)

I'm trying to stick fairly close to the movie, but instead of following Han/Luke etc, the map will follow the Rebel Commandos route.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by monsoontide

Hey! :D

While I'm still developing the ENDOR map, is there anything anyone would like to see/do in the map - as far as gameplay goes?

(i.e. objectives, locations, things like chokepoints etc etc)

I'm trying to stick fairly close to the movie, but instead of following Han/Luke etc, the map will follow the Rebel Commandos route.

Maybe Naboo?Or check the request page on jedimoves.com, there are some maps, battle of hoth, because I don't think Emon is still working on that, or am i wrong?

Maybe an Ewok's head on a spike, or some way to torture the repulsive little furballs :dev10:

BTW, the Ewok gliders magically carrying two huge boulders large enough to crush AT-STs is one of my pet hates about Star Wars, as is the critters apparently being able to threaten heavily armoured Storm Troopers with sticks and stones. Those Imperials officers must have had the impression that someone, somewhere, was so determined to prevent them winning that the laws of the Universe were re-written.

I know you want to stick to the movies, but including these obvious deviations from a believable reality would really annoy me.

But yeah, a crashed Ewok hut would be cool.

Er... I meant in reguards to the Endor map - not making other maps! ;)

Ow ! ( shame:chop1: )

Then I have another idea: the ewok city, the treehouses. no?

Ewok glider, you can also see a AT-AT in Ep. VI .

Wells, and falled trees(or falling), to hide .

I don't know more, i think.

Looks great, just a few suggestions:

1-Mabye add a couple of EWebs across the map.

2-The forest needs to be a little more dense.

3-Add some dead NPC's such a stormtroopers for a more dramatic flare.

4- You can find a large selection of new MD3 trees and bushes here=> http://fps.brainerd.net/mapmodels17.htm

They were all make for Quake 3 arena but work fine in JA. Just bear in mind, you have to type sv_pure 0 in console for them to work unless you did a complete compile.:)

Monsoon. I just saw this thread now. I hope your map is ready. Our beta will be out within 2 weeks!! And yes it is a SIEGE map which we have been working on since OCTOBER. Pahricida has provided us with the speeder bikes. I'm supposed to texture them but am stuck on some other things at the moment. I have 3 tree models at the moment but only one of them works. And the shader file needs work too. But as you can see at the map-center link the map we have created closely resembles the actual movie. Incorporating the SIEGE aspect into it was hard enough. So you actually can't have some of the same aspects like only ONE entrance. Just doesn't work. Portal skies? I don't know about that. I don't want to work on a map for the next 6 months only to find out no one is playing JA anymore. I'll stick to the basics and do the best I can with what the game provides at the moment.

Now that I see the BATTLEFRONT game with no ONLINE fees and a BRAND NEW engine...I will make a HEADSTONE for my JA game. Because seriously guys this new game looks like it will make all other games look and perfom like crap.

Goodbye JA. It was fun.;)

[EDIT] MONSOON, I have seen your site. I see you are a fan of H.G. Gieger.:D [/EDIT]

Lauser - What's the Map-Center link & do you have any screenshots?

I'm always interested in what everyone else is up to.

As far as I can see in Battlefront - Jedi are only NPC's (eg. Obi Wan or Darth Vader). Though I imagine the modding community will take care of that pronto.

I would like to see the next Jedi Game be Jedi Master using the Source engine. I'm still not convinced of the doom3 engine for big outdoor areas - will have to wait and see I guess.

My map is still in development and it will remain so for some time until everything is as it should be.

In the meanwhile - my Bast Castle map has almost been fully ported from JO:SAGA into JA:SIEGE with various improvements and changes - New thread for that will start this week.

As far as I can see in Battlefront - Jedi are only NPC's (eg. Obi Wan or Darth Vader). Though I imagine the modding community will take care of that pronto.

Dont mean to get off topic here, but I felt I just needed to say this.

This game isn't likely to be modded if it uses it's own engine and no editing tools are released, which is probably what will happen.

Anyway, the bike and scouttrooper look great! I wish you best of luck on this project :)

Falling log idea

breakable rope object connected to a log.

Should be able to script it to drop when the rope is broken.

Catapult is more than likely going to have to be a vehicle.

Duncan's lobbing effect for his hailfire droid's missles is pretty good.

Yes... Still going,

Though it's on hold for a bit while I put the finishing touches on my BAST CASTLE SIEGE map.

I was going to post some pix of it this week but have been experiencing some compiling problems, so they'll have to wait a bit. And there's still an amount of fine tuning to be done.

Will get back to Endor once that's released.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Lauser,

I'm not ignoring you - just very busy at work and home at the mo...

Will get back to you in detail on this. It could be a good idea as I've just got such a lot on.

However, this one will be on hold til I get Bast Castle done.

Then it's all go again. Hopefully within the next month.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Monsoontide, 'sup? I have seen (and used) many of your vehicles. The Bast Castle Siege map looks good too.

First things first: I am beta testing for an Endor Siege map that will be unbeatable. It has ground and space!! And blowing up the Death Star II will be in it. The person I have been beta testing for rarely checks his e-mail so I don't know what happened to him. I live in the U.S. and he lives in the U.K., so he could be dead and I wouldn't know it.

What I'm getting at is, I'll tell you about if he is still doing this Siege map I told you about. If he isn't, I can beta test for you.

Oh yeah, make sure that you put space in it. I am a pilot at heart and I have taken out ten TIE Advanced X1 Fighters and TIE Interceptors one after another with a severly damaged Y-wing. It doen't take a genious that I am awesome at flying. So, include space for us pilots.

:fett:

Might kill this project - depends on whether or not the other Endor SIEGE map is any good or a piece of sh***. ;)

Will have to wait and see.

Anyway am now about to start final editing on Bast Castle map and get it fine-tuned for release.

Then I may finally get around to finishing my power duel map.

I'm predicting that, although it is a very interesting idea, a space AND ground combat siege map won't be very useful. Unless it's a full, 16-man server, there just won't be enough people to fill all the positions. There'll either be too many people in space or on the ground, leaving the other area empty. Plus, with lasers, rockets, AT-STs, and speeder bikes on the ground, and TIEs, X-Wings, A-Wings, etc. in space shooting everything in sight, just imagine the lag.

It just won't work out.

Archived