Home

-=Official Led Zeppelin Thread=-

Acrylic

This is the official LucasForums Led Zeppelin thread.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on them. They are my favorite band. In the mail today, arrived their Boxed set #2. (I still have yet to recieve Boxed Set #1) Some (or should I say almost all) of the songs on these CD's (2 CD's total) are the more "unpopular" songs, since these are the songs that weren't included in the 1st boxed Set. 32 songs, one which was previously unreleased. The song's title is Baby Come on Home. Its a really good bluesy type song which makes you wanna sing along!

I wanna hear what you heard of them and what your favorites are. My favorites are:

The Lemon Song

Baby Come on Home

Night Flight

Good Times Bad Times

Battle of Evermore

Black Dog

Rock and Roll

Stairway to Heaven

Whole Lotta Love

Babe I'm Gonna Leave You

The Ocean

and OH SO MUCH MORE. I personally think all of their songs are great, but I just wanted to name a few...

haha awsome man!

Led Zeppelin is one of my favorite bands as well...and being only 15 (almost 16 in two weeks) a lot of people think its crazy that i do!:D

anyway some of my favs are:

Heartbreaker/Livin Lovin Maid

Trampled Underfoot

Over the Hills and Far Away

Black Dog (I know how to play this one on Bass!)

Stairway to Heaven (who doesnt like it?)

Dazed and Confused

What Is and What Should Never Be

Moby Dick

Whole Lotta Love

Rock and Roll

The Ocean

Achilles Last Stand

Houses of the Holy

Kashmir

All My Love

yeah obviously i have a lot of favorite Zeppelin songs...lol

btw, How the West Was Won is awsome! great live cd...:cool:

Thank you Acrylic :D, Led Zeppelin is one of my al time favorite bands. Jimmy Paige and Robert Plant rock :rock:

My favorites are:

Achilles Last Stand

All My Love

Babe Im Gonna Leave You

Black Dog

Black Mountain Side

Bring It Home

Fool In The Rain

Going To California

Good Times Bad Times

Hey Hey

Hot Dog

Houses Of The Holy

Im Gonna Crawl

Immigrant Song

Jennings Farm Blues-Song isnt great, but my last name is Jennings

Kashmir

Living Loving Maid

Moby Dick

Over The Hills & Far Away

Rain Song

Ramble On

Rock And Roll

Since Ive Been Loving You

Stairway To Heaven

Tangerine

The Lemon Song

The Song Remains The Same

Trampled Underfoot

Traveling Riverside Blues

Wah Wah Song

Whole Lotta Love

Ya, i got more, gotta reasearch my cd's. I have lots ans lots of favorites. :).

Do they still play Stairway to Heaven at school dances? I remember swaying like an idiot in a room full of sweaty 9th graders during the fast section of that song, with Plant screeching and Page wailing ... but then, that was 1982 ...

They were never one of my fave rock bands, they were fairly solid, but didn't have anything that sparked for me ... but then I was already on my path towards fusion and avante-garde jazz ... besides, back then most of the people who were into them were spacer pot-heads "dude, floyd, sabbath, zepplin ..."

A question - if they were already 'classic rock' in 1982 (actually, the term hadn't been coined yet), what are they now? Given that their music now is about the same vintage as Rosemary Clooney and Doris Day were for me in high school ... have they started calling it oldies yet? Or does that offend the middle-aged radio managers too much ;)

Mike

unfortunately i havent heard stairway to heaven at any of my dances, although i did hear you shook me all night long at the last one:D

and about the classic rock thing...well...the radio station that plays em a lot has the phrase "Classic rock that rocks" so eh, i guess their Classic Rock still...

Originally posted by txa1265

Do they still play Stairway to Heaven at school dances? I remember swaying like an idiot in a room full of sweaty 9th graders during the fast section of that song, with Plant screeching and Page wailing ... but then, that was 1982 ...

They were never one of my fave rock bands, they were fairly solid, but didn't have anything that sparked for me ... but then I was already on my path towards fusion and avante-garde jazz ... besides, back then most of the people who were into them were spacer pot-heads "dude, floyd, sabbath, zepplin ..."

A question - if they were already 'classic rock' in 1982 (actually, the term hadn't been coined yet), what are they now? Given that their music now is about the same vintage as Rosemary Clooney and Doris Day were for me in high school ... have they started calling it oldies yet? Or does that offend the middle-aged radio managers too much ;)

Mike

Well, they split up in 1980 because their drummer died. They started as a band in 1968 and had their first album out in 1969, so they ARE classic rock, but not at the 1982 era. They did release an album in '82, bt it was a bunch of leftover songs...

CODA was the name of the album if i am correct:D

and poor John Bonham...:(

I think Robert Plant, John Paul Jones, and Jimmy Paige should all go on a small tour or something with John's son on drums...but like Robert's voice is pretty much gone now and stuff...oh well...

sometimes i wish i was born in a different time period:D

Originally posted by Zaknafein

CODA was the name of the album if i am correct:D

and poor John Bonham...:(

I think Robert Plant, John Paul Jones, and Jimmy Paige should all go on a small tour or something with John's son on drums...but like Robert's voice is pretty much gone now and stuff...oh well...

sometimes i wish i was born in a different time period:D

lol, same here.

I think John Paul Jones is one of the most underrated musicians of all time. He can play like over 10 instruments. And thats AMAZING.

Originally posted by Acrylic

Well, they split up in 1980 because their drummer died. They started as a band in 1968 and had their first album out in 1969, so they ARE classic rock, but not at the 1982 era. They did release an album in '82, bt it was a bunch of leftover songs...

Oh, I'm familiar with their history ... it is just that in ~82 they were already part of the dinosaur rock era, later called classic rock. They were still on the radio - and their pre-Coda album got some pop radio airplay. I am just saying that the time between their heyday (early 70's) and now is 30 years ... and for me, as a teenager in ~82, that would equate with music from the early 50's - the pre-rock era. It is just interesting, that's all.

Mike

yeah deep purple and led zeppelin are both very good bands, however it just seems like "smoke on the water" is their only really good song to my ears:(

however, although led zeppelin to me is very good, pink floyd in my eyes is a bit better...

i mean, they have two of the top selling records of all time, dark side of the moon and the wall, thats at least gotta say something about them:D

Which Song are You?

MERGED WITH OTHER LED ZEPPELIN THREAD YOU CREATED

Sorry, but I mean...it's redundant...you even called the other thread the "official Led Zeppelin" thread :\

Archived