Home

high detail textures

kingdomwinds

when i set textures to the highest in jedi academy, "very high detail" it takes longer to get into a multiplayer game. So i set it to "high" and i can get in very fast. Can any of u manage to get into a multiplayer game fast with textures set to highest detail? if so, can u give me the specifications of ur pc or give me tips on how to do that?

when using very high tex, it takes a couple of min. but when set to high, i get in in less then a sec at awaiting snapshot. When set to very high detail in mp takes forever to get in a game especially siege and ffa. my specs are athlon 2800+ xp, 9800 pro 128mb, 512 ddr400 ram, and 80gb hd withh 7200rpm but 2mb cache.

The main things would be your ram and your video card. If you have a lot of (good) ram and a good video card it should be faster.

A "minute" is a long time to wait for an MP map! Of course with SP it always takes the longest to load up a new map, but reloading the same map (say with a quick load) is much faster.

However if you're using some version of Windows XP chances are the OS itself is sucking up a lot of your memory and so I'd recommend Win2Kpro instead since it uses less memory to do the same stuff overall.

well on only high tex its only a sec. but im talking about very high detail textures. i play at 1024 by 768 and use trilinear and high detail. everything else is at defaults. i want to know the performance of other ppl at very high detail tex. i got a 9800 pro to play at higher res, and play more games. it would suck to know that it works good only at high tex.

Archived