Home

LucasArts registers 'Free Agent' trademark

jp-30

As broken in the latest TF.n Games news [click], LucasArts has just registered the trademark Free Agent.

The trademark entry can be viewed by putting lucasfilm into the top-left search box on this page.

What does it all mean? Nothing concrete of course.

But doesn't Free Agent sound like a good title for a Star Wars game about a mercenary, smuggler or bounty hunter...

... or maybe Max is going solo in his next game. :p

:c3po:

Hopefully it's a collaboration movie from Lucasfilm and another film company. LucasArts register their own trademarks don't they. But, LucasArts is not "LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC" anymore. LucasArt is a department (?) of "Lucasfilm Entertainment Company" as written here: http://www.lucasarts.com/products/freelancepolice/images/screens/2.jpg

I dont know.. Is Lucasfilm Entertainment Company = LucasArts

I do know.. Lucasfilm = Lucasfilm Ltd.

Anyway, someone clear up the company name con-fusion (fusion?) for me.

Because all my links I've tried posting expire, here's the full cut and paste of the entry at the trademark site.

Word Mark FREE AGENT

Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Interactive entertainment software and accompanying instruction manuals sold as a unit, namely computer game software and manuals sold as a unit, video game software and manuals sold as a unit, interactive video games, interactive computer games, pre-recorded audio and video tapes featuring adventure games, films, and music; and pre-recorded CD-ROMs and DVDs featuring adventure games, films, and music

Standard Characters Claimed

Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK

Serial Number 78351761

Filing Date January 14, 2004

Current Filing Basis 1B

Original Filing Basis 1B

Owner (APPLICANT) Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. CORPORATION CALIFORNIA P.O. Box 10307 San Rafael CALIFORNIA 94912

Attorney of Record Carole F. Barrett

Type of Mark TRADEMARK

Register PRINCIPAL

Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

As pointed out by MixNMojo, this bit is interesting "interactive computer games, pre-recorded audio and video tapes featuring adventure games, as the recent Star Wars games say "pre-recorded CD-Roms featuring science fiction games ".

So maybe it's not a Star Wars game after all...

> I don't see where you got the "science fiction" games part...

I got it from the trademark entries for Galaxies and KOTOR.

I'm saying if "Free Agent" was a Star Wars title, then the trademark entry would probably NOT say "adventure game" and would say "science-fiction game" instead.

It's obviously a brand new game featuring this guy "Standard Character Mark". He's obviously some guy, named Mark, who is a "Standard Character", ie a generic sort of character every player can easily identify with.

"This summer... Standard Character Mark is... Free Agent. Movie and game coming soon from Lucasfilm Entertainment Company to screens near you!"

Okay, as I see it, it must be Free Agent of IRS, a game that will tell a paralell story to Day of the Tentacle. You would live the amazing and endless fun life of the IRS Agent that catches the Prof during DOTT. At the end, you discover that Purple is your mother and Ben your father so you must choose between the "Earth Dictator" or the "Eagle of the Road" way of life.

Could be fun.

> It's clearly the long awaited sequel to RTX Red Rock.

Free Agent

Availability: Summer 2004

Genre: Action Adventure

Platform: Nintendo BS [click]

Save a new world. 2106, one hundred and two years in the future. Brutal alien invaders have captured our colony on Venus and threaten Earth. You are Standard Character Mark, Army major, astronaut, and Free Agent-- a ninja of the future. Real Ultimate Power. Plunge into battle on the Acid Planet armed with deadly alien weapons, your own superpowers, and a sexy digital sidekick named 6-E. Fight your way across the arid deserts, through Earth's ruined colony, and into the exotic interiors of alien ships in ten single player and four multiplayer levels. Control robots. Drive rovers. Eat food. Jump. Hop. Skip. Get knocked down. Get back up again. Drink a cider drink. Drink a whiskey drink. Encounter a group of mysterious Old Souls who help you retake the planet. It's the ultimate adventure on man's farthest frontier.

(etc)

Archived