Home

life on mars?

Ray Jones

is or was there life on mars possible?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. is or was there life on mars possible?

• yes. i'm a firm believer in the "power" of life.
    • i think there was life once, but now it's gone, for unknown reasons.
    • marsa steward once had a house up there.
    • no. life can only exist on earth.
    • oh. that's a good question, but i am not right sure yet. i'll be waiting for further results.
    • according to the moon landing, the mars thing is a hoax.
    • i dont care much about this.

mars express the european mars probe reached its orbit around mars and took spectacular pictures of mars using a special developed stereo camera. pictures which prove that there is water existing in the mars atmosphere and in the ground.

http://www.esa.int/export/esaCP/index.html

so what do you think? will there be any form of life or traces of earlier existing life found on mars?

I'm slightly more concerned about life on earth than anything else. The government is spending our tax money to pay for failed mars attempts when universety students are having to shell out thousands of pounds a year in order to study. Frankly, if we do find life on mars, I hope they've got a lot of money hanging around in an unlocked safe, otherwise it's kinda pointless.

The real blow out of tax dollars is Bush's plan to build a moon colony. Yeah, so, it would be cool, I'll admit, but maybe we should work on fixing the problems we have on this planet, before we travel off into space and start screwing things. Hey is it just me, or does everyone else think the moon would be like the ultimate garbage dump? Load a shuttle and smash it into the thing, give it a couple hundred years of that and scientists will really have something to study. But I guess this thread is about Mars not the moon so, is it just me, or does everyone else think mars would be like the ultimate garbage dump. Sure, maybe there was life there at some point, but we ain't seein it now, so it's not like we'd be pissing off the natives by bombarding them with our junk, hey, maybe it will help spawn something there, Mars Mold, imagine the market for a product like that. Ah Screw It.

I hear ya skinkie. We've been paying though the nose on failed attempts to land on Mars...and the money we've spent could've EASILY solved the education problem we have. And hey, that means Dubya wouldn't have much of an excuse for his little No Child Left Behind crap.

As for garbage dumps....why not just space in general? Doesn't need to be a planet, really. I wouldn't wanna mess up a place as interesting and beautiful as Mars, but I wouldn't mind getting rid of garbage heaps in space. Oh sure, they might enter an atmosphere and come crashing down...but by that time the hunks would be no larger than the head of a pin.

Hasn't Futurama taught us anything, dumping garbage in space would eventually destroy New York. Let's do it!

Oh, and, sending a rocket to the moon may send it off orbit and maybe even into us causing armegeddon, and then we'd have to kill off bruce willis in order to stop it. Let's do it!

Wow, optimism does work!

that's why i didnt say it. :dozey:

:p

err..

garbage in space.. uuuuhhhhhmmmm...

yeah. based on the principle of atomic waste in the ocean, it should work. as long as we dont place it directly in front of wally, the space dolphin's place, who needs a "clean" space anyway?

:¬: one argument against it would be that we would waste resources with it, actually we would give them away from earth "for ever".

there is also a chance that we bring life up there (mars or whereever) by ourselves, some creeping microorganism that hides somewhere in this probe. perhabs it feels well in a strange environment that is not the earth and develops quick, maybe it starts some process that changes the athmosphere or something.. or it will, caused through radiation and so on, become some slimy creeping man eating err.. thing. or both. a perfect plan. bait humans with breathable air and if the humans feel safe, reach out with giant tentacles. :eek:

TUM.. TUUUMMMM.. TUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!

*hides under the desk, will not sleep for the next three months*

i think it's possible for there to be life up there, even now. perhaps not the three-headed martian type...but there could be some life forms, like bacteria or something underneath the ice caps, if the core or something is hot enough to have melted some of the ice underneath and there's water. it's possible, i guess. otherwise if that's not the case, then no. i think that there can't be a single living organism in either the plant or the animal kingdoms. at all. there's no way.

Wow. Sarcasm.

Heh heh :p

I actually think there definately is life on Mars (was and is), but rather irrelevent. Well, I say irrelevent assuming that we, humans, aren't. Which is probably not the case. I mean, how can we be so significant when we come up with brand names like Count Chocula?

Archived