Home

PC Gamer UK Preview: New Info

ExcelsioN

Well, I just picked up the latest PC Gamer UK mag, which has a huge SWBF preview in it. It has confirmed the use of flyable vehicles (see this thread).

I would post screens but I don't have a scanner or a digital camera, and there are loads of new screens.:(

Anyways, here's some interesting extracts:

"Do you have any plans to support mod makers?

I don't think we'll discourage that, but in terms of time, and support, I don't know if we'll have the time to put together a good SDK"

"Our ideas are ones that Battlefield simply can't do"

[Kamino] "dominated by huge platforms that extend above the water. It's raining torrentially, there's a big storm, it's a very cool looking level that looks like nothing thats been done before"

Here's what I said in another thread about the flyable X-Wings:

Here's what they had to say:

"In any online shooter, the chance to rise above the melee. whether its in a WWII Spitfire in Battlefield 1942 or one of Halo's banshees, is a profoundly liberating experience...

There was also an extract from an interview:

"We're looking at each map and choosing which vehicles make most sense. Obviously, the X-Wing will be available on more than one map

Then later on:

Whereas Tatoinne is mostly desert , and its dominated by X-Wings and Tie-Fighters."

"One of the coolest vehicles we've got is the Republic Gunship from Episode Two. We can fit six guys in there and everyone has something to do. The pilot has to fly it, there are two rocket launchers on the wings and everyone else piles into those dinky little ball turrets"

Here's something that you Ewok lovers might like:

"At certain command posts, they might try and steal Imperial speeder bikes...the Ewok army are causing their own unique brand of mischief, running off with all your hardware."

They also had a number of other points, including that Rebel pilots have a grappling hook, the Sarlaac Pit is on Tatooine, and that EpIII content is garunteed.

Now that's some interesting info there - this game keeps sounding better and better ;)

I wonder what battle will be had on Kamino? Do you think that's Epi 3 content?

I'll try and pick up a copy and scan the article so you can check out the new screenies :D

man this is going to be great (or the biggest dissappointment ever, but let's not think about it that way) thinking about kamino, is there going to be under water combat as well somehow. that would be a great addition to add some variability in levels. also when you say the pilot has to pilot the gunship, does that mean a pilot class has to pilot it or can any class pilot because i remember reading that they plan for every class to be able to use any vehicle.

Originally posted by eastcoast2895

does that mean a pilot class has to pilot it or can any class pilot because i remember reading that they plan for every class to be able to use any vehicle.

i think that everyone could use a vehicle, but the pilot can do a ejoctor seat when the vehicle blows up and thus survive, other classes would just die in the vehicle explosion

Originally posted by Alegis Gensan

i think that everyone could use a vehicle, but the pilot can do a ejoctor seat when the vehicle blows up and thus survive, other classes would just die in the vehicle explosion

Actually I think only the pilot class can actually fly the planes. They also get a grappling hook to stop themselves from falling from the wrecked vehicle, and apparently you can use the grappling hook to get onto AT-ATs.

Ewoks....stealing things. *drools*

Next they'll be throwing rocks down on people and stealing AT-STs.

I assume that the Ewoks would really be needed to help win the map for the Rebels since they will presumably start out with a serious vehicle handicap. It all depends on how much they're willing to deviate from the movie battles.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived