Home

Leaning while strafing

RenegadeOfPhunk

Anybody know how to stop the upper body leaning when strafing? (Or from any movement in any directon...)

I assume the function I need to be altering is BG_G2PlayerAngles() (or possibly BG_G2ClientSpineAngles() ).

I can currenty stop the leaning, but so far, not without also stopping the legs from turning correctly! (doh!).

Cheers,

Renegade

Exactly what are you trying to do? Just prevent the leaning because it looks stupid? :)

I have a lot of experence with that system as I had to basically overhaul the bloody thing back in JK2.

From what I remember, you shouldn't have to alter anything in BG_G2ClientSpineAngles since all that function does is align the backbones to be the approprate position in relation to the top spine bone. Meaning that the actual leaning is all controlled in BG_G2PlayerAngles.

...for myself, it's only for looks :) I've never really liked the leaning thing, but there are some new anims I am calling in certain situations where the leaning looks even more wrong than normal...

OK - thx for the tip - I did first of all try messing with just BG_G2PlayerAngles, but wasn't gettting very far, so I moved on to BG_G2ClientSpineAngles - but with even less luck!!

...any hints or tips you can give would be great :) However, since it is only looks, it's not a top-priority thing for me at the moment, so I might not be looking that much more into it - for the moment...

Archived