Blue_Lightsaber

Are you Pro-honorz or anti-honorz  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Are you Pro-honorz or anti-honorz

• Anti-Honorz
    • Pro-Honorz
    • I don't care.
    • I WHINE EITHER WAY WHEN I LOSE IN DUELS!!!111

In just one day of playing JA I've been kicked from 4 servers for "laming". Come on dude, we're in the middle of a duel and I do a butterfly, he practically jumps in front of it, puts his saber away and brings up the chatbox. There was no way to stop it and I killed him. The crybaby got his admin friend to kick me before I could even say sorry.

Dear Lord, in Episode 1 of star wars, did darth maul say "noob" as his last word when obiwan chopped him in two? Whenever I win a fair fight, most people whine and complain about me "cheating" and/or "laming".

Earlier I was playing on a server that belonged to the clan CT. I was fighting a CT member and I was winning, so he ran away and I heard the sound of a heal. I'm not a whiner so it didn't phase me much because it's just a game. Later in the duel, I landed a kata and cut his head off. He screamed LAMER before I could even say gf. Seriously, before I could even squeeze in two letters this guy typed in caps "LAMER". So I get into a fight with the entire CT clan, I duel them all one by one, winning almost all and only losing once due to lag. There these guys are throwing everything they got at me and I'm still winning. Whenever I beat one in a duel someone would try to attack me after and lame me as I said gf. I came back and slashed open his skull casing and his brain splattered all over the sand.

I was going to fight the guy that started with me to begin with in a duel (this was ffa). He said no duels just ffa duel, as if I didn't know he was going to heal when he was losing. Sad stuff, they call me a lamer, then they heal in duels, try to kill me while I say good fight, ect. Once they even tried to spawn a mutant rancor to kill me, but I escaped. Eventually they just kicked me because I was beating all their little "lackeys" they were sending off to fight me. 2v1 3v1 you name it they tried it on me to no avail.

Another time, I'm on some public dueling server with saber throw enabled. I'm kicking serious booty with my saber throw. I'm fighting a guy he does a backflip and I hit him in mid air with the saber killing him. "CHEATER" he screamed, "THROW SPAMMER" screamed his little clan buddy that was with him. I think the clan name was JOTR. Eventually I kept owning them, I won 30 consecutive duels. By now they were cursing and screaming and crying like my 3 year old cousin (well the screaming and crying part anyway). Every time I tried to say gf or bow before duel they tried to attack me, I still owned them. One guy even accused me of hacking. I mean, how hypocritical do you get? You call someone a lamer then proceed to attack them when they are defensless? So H0N0RZ only applies for you and not against your opponent right?

Well, sorry for the rant, but some of these players are just sad. I don't see how it's even humanly possible to whine that much. I also don't mean to brag about my skill either, but good God, stop the hypocrosy in honorz or don't use it at all. Some people are just sore losers it seems.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that someone needs to sticky a thread that's entitled, "Express Frustration Here!" or something, because a lot of people make this type of thread continuously. We know all about the "whiners"/"lamers"/"noobs"/"immature admins"/etc already. No need to clutter up the forum with new threads on a topic that will never be resolved.

I played JA on a public server about a week after it came out - there was whining.

Stopped playing the game shortly thereafter. I'm sick of the whining, so I've moved on to games that don't have honor codes.

Anti-"h0n0rz".

People whine in any game. Go on a CS sever, people will complain about Camping, about hacking, about their gun not aiming right....some people just complain a lot. It's probabaly their age. I used to complain a lot when I was 8 too.

Your best bet is just to find a cool server where their is a core of people who basically play fair, for a good time and don't constant whinge. Then when any morons do log on and start winding everyone up, they'll just get kicked off.

Sadly, judging by the fact that older games than JA still contain vast numbers of whiners, I say that whining will never completely go away from the JA community. ; p

That said, I think we should still spread our Gospel of anti-Honor and anti-Whining to as many new players as possible in order to safeguard the majority of the community from the damage caused by the minority of whiners and h0n0r d00dz.

Eventually though, in order to have a good time you have to host your own server and/or patronize servers that support your views against the irrational and silly honor codes while ignoring (and educating where possible) the zealots on the other side.

Lead by example...

Immaturity has a lot to do with it. Computer games have a large "mature" audience (the 18-35 set) but there will always be a significant population of children in games, and with the age difference comes immaturity. Likewise the anonymity of the internet leads to many people abusing it ("I can be a jerk because I can get away with it" philosophy). This can't be changed either, except again trying to teach people.

Kids especially succumb to peer pressure. They desire acceptance by their peers (except for the few "rebels" but even these tend to wish to find other "rebels" because there is strength in numbers, ie: cliques, gangs, clubs, clans...). So we should use this in a positive way to pressure new players and kids not to join the whiner factions but rather to embrace competative gameplay and cheerful gaming (rather than sore loser-ship).

The core reason for whining (other than negative peer pressure to become whiners) is that people have big egos and HATE to lose. Rather than taking the time and effort to learn and become better players they'd rather blame their lack of skill or the reason they didn't win that last game or got fragged on something else, like lag or the map or their team or claim their opponent was a cheater or a scripter a "lamer" (a meaninglessly vague term if there ever was one in gaming). Any excuse but to admit they themselves lack skill or that they goofed up and made a mistake.

These folks need to learn to lose (and win) gracefully. What I don't get is how they can have fun in a game if their goals are so narrow (win and if you don't win make up excuses and blame other people). How can they be happy? Isn't the goal of gaming to have fun?

Excuses like that don't fly in real sports, so why should they fly in games? "Laming" is too generic to account for anything and in most cases even if the so-called "lame" never happened (ie: the one kill they got on you while you were typing and the one kill they got on you while you had your saber down while you were standing there taunting) you would still have lost.

If say I beat somebody 20 to 2, I highly doubt the fact that I killed them twice while they were typing made any difference at all in the long run and yet these very people will use that as a reason to kick me from their game and claim that all of my kills shouldn't count.

Eh, I am either or.

If I want to duel some people(such as friends and etc) I will dual in a FFA game, but when I want some good ol fashioned free for all, then I want a good ol fashioned free for all

Many need to learn...

FFA=FREE FOR ALL=KILL WHOEVER/HOWEVER

Originally posted by Darth Kaan

When the game is "live" everyone is a legitimate target.

Just keep killing the whiners while they are typing until they leave the server.

:D

I know it's so funny. They threaten to "own" you sometimes but when they duel you and you own them, they just shut up OR call you a lamer and demand a rematch.

Originally posted by Blue_Lightsaber:

In just one day of playing JA I've been kicked from 4 servers for "laming". Come on dude, we're in the middle of a duel and I do a butterfly, he practically jumps in front of it, puts his saber away and brings up the chatbox. There was no way to stop it and I killed him. The crybaby got his admin friend to kick me before I could even say sorry.

Sadly, some honorz people are like that... they're merely too immature. I myself am an 'honor' player, but I can't stand those 'honor' people whining. Whenever I see someone bitching, I told them to stfu.

Earlier I was playing on a server that belonged to the clan CT. I was fighting a CT member and I was winning, so he ran away and I heard the sound of a heal. I'm not a whiner so it didn't phase me much because it's just a game. Later in the duel, I landed a kata and cut his head off. He screamed LAMER before I could even say gf. Seriously, before I could even squeeze in two letters this guy typed in caps "LAMER". So I get into a fight with the entire CT clan, I duel them all one by one, winning almost all and only losing once due to lag. There these guys are throwing everything they got at me and I'm still winning. Whenever I beat one in a duel someone would try to attack me after and lame me as I said gf. I came back and slashed open his skull casing and his brain splattered all over the sand.

I was going to fight the guy that started with me to begin with in a duel (this was ffa). He said no duels just ffa duel, as if I didn't know he was going to heal when he was losing. Sad stuff, they call me a lamer, then they heal in duels, try to kill me while I say good fight, ect. Once they even tried to spawn a mutant rancor to kill me, but I escaped. Eventually they just kicked me because I was beating all their little "lackeys" they were sending off to fight me. 2v1 3v1 you name it they tried it on me to no avail.

Yup, CT clan sucks indeed, IMO. I went to their server once, and wtf, all the 4-5 admins there were like spawning and riding tauntauns everywhere, and one or two of them went around laming people. I was disgusted by this and took it upon myself to lame one of them. I got slept, eventually, of course. And it definitely didn't increase my respect for that server.

Another time, I'm on some public dueling server with saber throw enabled. I'm kicking serious booty with my saber throw. I'm fighting a guy he does a backflip and I hit him in mid air with the saber killing him. "CHEATER" he screamed, "THROW SPAMMER" screamed his little clan buddy that was with him. I think the clan name was JOTR. Eventually I kept owning them, I won 30 consecutive duels. By now they were cursing and screaming and crying like my 3 year old cousin (well the screaming and crying part anyway). Every time I tried to say gf or bow before duel they tried to attack me, I still owned them. One guy even accused me of hacking.

Merely those whining 'honor' players again. Oh, and did you mention JotR? I'm surprised... I personally knew Jygonshen, the leader, to be a frank and nice person. He's a really good leader and always got the members present in the server to unite whenever he wants them to do so. I thought that it's a good clan, but I'm not so sure now.

I mean, how hypocritical do you get? You call someone a lamer then proceed to attack them when they are defensless? So H0N0RZ only applies for you and not against your opponent right?

The 'honor' players that I know lame back when they get lamed. Unfortunately it's your bad luck to get lamed by people just because you're owning them in a duel. I'm just lucky not to have met them yet. ;)

Originally posted by Druid Allanon

Sadly, some honorz people are like that... they're merely too immature. I myself am an 'honor' player, but I can't stand those 'honor' people whining. Whenever I see someone bitching, I told them to stfu.

Yup, CT clan sucks indeed, IMO. I went to their server once, and wtf, all the 4-5 admins there were like spawning and riding tauntauns everywhere, and one or two of them went around laming people. I was disgusted by this and took it upon myself to lame one of them. I got slept, eventually, of course. And it definitely didn't increase my respect for that server.

Merely those whining 'honor' players again. Oh, and did you mention JotR? I'm surprised... I personally knew Jygonshen, the leader, to be a frank and nice person. He's a really good leader and always got the members present in the server to unite whenever he wants them to do so. I thought that it's a good clan, but I'm not so sure now.

The 'honor' players that I know lame back when they get lamed. Unfortunately it's your bad luck to get lamed by people just because you're owning them in a duel. I'm just lucky not to have met them yet. ;)

I think we should still spread our Gospel of anti-Honor and anti-Whining to as many new players as possible in order to safeguard the majority of the community from the damage caused by the minority of whiners and h0n0r d00dz.

Sorry, man, but that can never happen. I'm sure you're not the first person who have thought of that. Up till now most servers are 'honor' ones.

exactly why, once ja came out i stopped playing jo. Cause all the admin abusers whiners etc in jo. Sadly Chosen One comes back with another admin mod with all the little crap to make sucky players feel better when they die. I know i'm not the best player, but i still do say something when die. Not lamer or really a whine, i just say something like "crap my seeing wore off LOL" when sniped, since i'm virtually never suprised and always have seeing on. or "started to get a bit laggy for me there, can we rematch?" which happens alot cause i got 56k, even though i still manage to kill people with cable and dsl. i think you all are good to be angry at the people, but this is something we see every day, and it might be that we see something and immediatly think WHINER without giving too much thought. I try to stay away from any sides and just attack who attacks me, and people i just plain don't like. i'm decent to follow the bow when in a duel, saying good fight, and not chat killing (for the most part) but i stay away from clan servers other rules since they are pretty stupid. if they want to kick me then so be it. i'll find a more tasteful server, and forget it happened. If i keep up with my hate for the guys, i wont have too many friends online at all. one time i was at a server, with a clan member named Supahfly i think, and for some reason, probably that he was pissed off with me being proud of my skill, started to yell at me, cuss at me, lame me when he could and the whole like. threatened to ban me even though he wasn't an admin, getting the entire server to attack me, though i could easily kill them with any gun or melee. Eventually he left after he killed me in a saber duel. hey what can i say? i use melee and when i do use the saber, i fight a constant battle between my preference of red blue or yellow, and am only really good against dual saber users. so once he left i eventually left cause i was tired and the next day i went there, and he arrived and i saved him from some lamers and eventually he was on my side. even said to some guy i was a great duelist. even though i suck and the guy beat us both... basically its not good to keep on hating the guys cause theres still good in em. always that small bit a hope. just remeber force absorb can't save ya from empowered grip...

Sorry, man, but that can never happen. I'm sure you're not the first person who have thought of that. Up till now most servers are 'honor' ones.

Doubtful, since JK2 is dominated by sabers only, force disabled mostly running Jedi Academy mod servers.

JA is dominated by all weapons, all force and no mods servers.

This gives a hint that they're not honor dominated.

Why would honor servers enable guns and all force powers and avoid using admin mods if they were bound and determined to emulate that sort of gameplay (ie: honor)?

Archived