Home

TRU Troop?

ZBomber

Check this out

UPDATE:TRU February Figure Promotion

Jeremy: Toys "R" Us is currently running ads for an upcoming figure promotion that will run throughout February. Not a great deal is know about the promotion, except that for each $14.99 purchase of Star Wars toys you will receive an action figure worth $4.99. Does this fit in with our earlier news that TRU stock computers now list a new "Clone Trooper" figure? UPDATE: Probably not as the SKN number for the free figure indicates it's from the Luke Hoth and later cases. In seven days we will know more for sure. With thanks to TRUJedi for sending in the report, and TRU Employee for additional info.

And

TRU Computer Lists New Clonetrooper

Jeremy: A new item has been listed in the TRU stock computer - SW Clone Trooper has appeared alongside SKN 960767. TRU Believer, who sent in this report, says that this item has a retail price of $7.99 but other details indicate it could be a part of a promotion. Could this be the long anticipated Silver Edition Clonetrooper that Europe has seen so many of? Only time will tell.

What you think?

I saw those on Rebelscum just 5 minutes ago and was gonna post it. I don't see that first one with the 14.99 purchase and a free figure as getting the clone, but it's interesting to see a SW Clone Troop for 7.99, 3 whole dollars more than retail. It may be sold as an exclusive rather than being a promo.

• 5 weeks later...

hmmmm, can't believe this was never posted:

Jan 29, 2004

Republic News

Free Silver-Painted Clone Trooper with purchase of $19.99 or above at Toys 'R' Us!

Beginning on April 4, 2004, if you purchase Hasbro Star Wars toys equal to a $19.99 value or above at your local Toys ‘R Us or at http://www.toysrus.com, you will receive a free Star Wars limited-edition silver-painted clone trooper!

Straight from Hasbro.

Originally posted by dark jedi 8

i think they need to restock some of those super articulated troopers, i only found one.:(:cool:

the silver clone would be a nice promotion, but finding $20 dollers in stuff to buy will be hard as my TRU has not stocked in weeks.

Just buy some doubles.

Originally posted by dark jedi 8

i think they need to restock some of those super articulated troopers, i only found one.:(:cool:

the silver clone would be a nice promotion, but finding $20 dollers in stuff to buy will be hard as my TRU has not stocked in weeks.

Yeah, I only found one Clone too. And mine had no holes in his feet! Did yours?

Yeah, I'll buy doubles if they have nothing new. I got lucky with the R2 and got 4 new figs :p

Well the point of a super articulated clone is to have him in cool poses. I have him standing like all the others. Big improvement because you can almost use it :rolleyes:

One plus is he looks down so I do have him talking to Yoda but I wanted him dying because he gets into a better pose that just shouts 'Look at me! I'm being blown away!' :p

the commtech stormies were the best for dying poses IMO

anyway, the SA clone can do any stance that the others do, only its not permenantly stuck that way. but i guess you could try to "drill " very small holes into his feet and file or sand down the stands to fit into the holes. used the concept on some other figure but can't remember which one.:cool:

i too am plagued with one super arcticulated clone..no holes, which is damn gay.

i too have drilled hold in figures feet, cystomes only however.

and yes, commtech stormie was the best for dying.....wonderful actually........i bought the trooper builder 4 pack, and while it does not have the cool little blast mark......i have the comtech one dead in a tantive IV scene complete with an antillies choking vader....:D

Originally posted by daring dueler

yeah...sure......pimpng awsome sux, it has to be like "im rick james bitch!"

anywho! the wampa and luke is nice....i prefer to have a nice tantive IV scene lol....but yeah, that was one good idea with bases hasbro has had.

The bases sucked for the early figures, like the Aalya and tusken. They are getting better though.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived