Scanned Exlusive Magazine PREVIEW

Elite Jedi

Nice catchup:

* you have the choice between 5 player classes to play with:

- Scouts with a sniper rifle and seeker droid which can be controlled

- Infantery, the basic have-gun-will travel intergallactic grunt

- Assault trooper, with guns peppy enough to punch holes in craft

- Pilot, the grease-monkeys who can patch up damaged craft

- Special unit, a unique class for all sides (Rebel, Empire, Republic or Separatists)

* use control all kinds of vehicles and other:

- xwings

- tie fighters

- ywings

- jedi starfighters

- imperial shuttles

- snowspeerders

- AT-AT

- AT-ST

- speederbikes

- trade federation tank

- republic gunship

- even Tauntauns:D

The game offers campaign mode (also solo playable or split screen) in which teams take turns assaulting each others planets. Each planet has two battle maps and if a team wins both skirmishes it gets control of the planet and picks the newt world on which to wage war. If a team managesto hold control of a planet for a particular charge-up time, it unlocks special attacks. (like Darth Vader or Luke Skywalker)

Off course you can jump into instant-action where you´ll find chaos no matter which side you play, which is to thank the real live players who wield the war machinery, extremely nonscripted and nonlinear.

thanks for the scans, it's a nice summary!

I'd say 'up to 16 players' aint that much, but with the promised amount of NPCs i guess it can get quite hefty

and it seems you do use all the vehicles (i presumed most of em beeing npcs)

However it got me a bit confused, they only confirm ps2 and xbox here..possibly a console mag?

Originally posted by VanLingo

Whoa, whoa -- where did you get the bunk about Imp shuttles, Jedi starfighters, and tauntauns?

So far, no magazine or website has confirmed that many vehicles that I know of.

-- Lingo

Lets just say I did a little bit of research and found out they are confirmed. That´s all you need to know :D

Console gamers will be able to battle against 16 players over the Internet or 32 players connected via LAN. PC gamers will be able to battle against 32 players over the Internet or 64 via a LAN.

good find! this confirms certain things like the fact that it is 20 "classes" and not more than 20, and also what these classes are (though I had an idea it would be somehing like this). also some more ships (Y-Wing, Imp. Shuttle, Jedi Starfighters and, trade fed. tank).

and lookie! its the first pick of a clone trooper!!!

Though I got a bit 'worried' about balance of the special unit, the imperial one gives health+ammo and can detect 'cloaked special rebels.. I think the imperial officer is MUCH more worth than the rebel special unit..Well hey, I also don't know how exactly everything will be going

I wouldn't worry too much about it. The Imp Officer most likely has a limit as to how many ammo clips/med packs he can give out in one life, or there may be a recharge time on that skill, while the ability to detect spies remains constant.

Archived