WIP: Horse

KHaRMa

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

20042108241973508162213.jpg

Ok first you have your model.

20042101108184395234312.jpg

Select the bones option. place bones along each limb creating a new bone where each joint is. You'll notice that the new bones are children of the first. Much how the mesh and humanoid skeleton is hierarchied.

20042101019356720187936.jpg

wala, a boned mesh. Now weight the mesh to the bones each segment can have no more than 4 bones to it. Because of the limit with carcass.

Hit the animate button set a key for the first frame and get to work. You may have to do some research in to how a horse moves properly.

Yours isn't bad Antizac...

"bad" would be an understatement.

I knew I should have shot for higher polys...

...That's what I get for basing it off the NWN horse.

But, mine does have a saddle! And he's rideable (though he won't move - no animations, duh.)...

Other than that, he/she/it sucks.

Originally posted by keshire

I'll post a quick primer on how to create and animate custom skeletons here in a couple of hours.

Sweetness!

Do you know how to weight models?

I'll answer with links:

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=23416

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=17801

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=21131

(I need to stop modeling and get back to work on my level saga!!)

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by Antizac

With that said, you could even make a ridable ostritch...

STAY OUT OF MY MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ostrich.jpg

I'd need someone to put his in game for me, and make skinmaps for me to skin it. >_> but other than that, i'd say this is pretty much done.

anyway, love the horse. :p

• 5 months later...

Well, after becoming much more educated on the subject of Animations and Keyframes in 3DS MAX. I finally decided to finish this damn horse. I cleaned up a few things, got the bones placed, and heiarchy, to the point where JA can understand it (I hope). Then I started animating just a few hours ago.

I started by playing The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, just riding the horse around and pausing every few seconds, mimicing Epona's movements, frame-for-frame (not really, just a few frames, spread out - MAX does the rest by interpolating the animation - thank God).

Well, for now, I just did the walking animation. I'm never gonna finsh all the animations, my self, this year - so if any experienced animators out there wanna help, it would be most appreciated.

myhorsey.txt

For animal vehicles. You only have a few options for anims.

Idle

Walk

Run

Death

Buck

And interpolation is your friend. Keyframing is fairly simple once you get the hang of it.

make sure frame zero is a base pose. Start your animation at frame 1.

And that goes for every anim you do.

And do them seperately. each anim export as a new xsi. Use the humnaoid.car that come sin the model tools to see hwo to compile them all together,

Archived