Home

Grim Fandango 2

Theodin31

I loved the first one and didnt want it to end but there could be a second.[i hope!]

examples:Manny becomes a P.I

Manny becomes a Reporter

Manny starts his own club again

Manny becomes a realestate agent

Manny works at a new branche of the D.O.D to welcome others and see what they qualify for.

Manny becomes a cop.

Possible name:Grim Fandango 2:Trouble in paridise

tell me your opinion and if you like my ideas and should email them to lucasarts .Also tell your ideas and names please

• 2 weeks later...

mmm...its not so much that i dont like ur ideas its just that the end was iron clad. it isnt as if u can have manny say "mmmm this train takin 2 long meche--lets open a new club," u know? the main problemo is drawing manny out of the train, (a serious complication) but how do u build something like that up realistically, with the ending of the first looking so rosey??

I seen a lot of u guys sayin on how u would want to c a an updated version (in graphix etc.), which i also thought would b great.

Altho i was thinkin what if lucas arts was to alter the storyline just a little, add in extras to lengthin the gameplay. give us a chance to c how manny "made a spectacle out of himself at the christmas party". and how he started the calavera cafe, find out more about lola, lupe, olivia. if yas dont mind gimme some feedback plz.

Well you never know. After all, Sam and Max is getting the 3D treatment after all these years, so why shouldn't Grim Fandango get a sequel?

I have to disagree though Timfandango, there's a lot of room for a sequel in the plot- it's not a matter of what happens before the Ninth Underworld, it's a matter of what happens afterwards. Something was rotten in the Land of the Dead, why not in the Ninth Underworld?

As for the better graphics etc thing, I'd love it (especially if you see the concept art for the original game, if it looked like that it'd be great) but they'd have to be very, very careful not to end up losing the game's very unique charm with faceless modern graphics.

I like your extended GF idea though, with the exception of the Christmas Party- some things just wouldn't be funny if they weren't a mystery. But the whole 'in between years' thing would be great, definitely.

Finally, Theodin, I like the name (fits a potential plotline excellently) but I don't think an entire game could be based around the fairly vague concepts you've suggested.

hey i also heard an idea to have 2 main characters (like in Resident Evil 2; claire and leon etc). that Lucas Arts would have glottis 2 start the story and then manny later, who is forced back into the Land Of the Dead due 2 Glottis gettin captured by Max 4 not payin his debts from the days in the High Rollers Lounge, hows that sound? or of course, "the rotting mobs have spread to the ninth underworld" idea is good 2.:D

Originally posted by gnome

Well you never know. After all, Sam and Max is getting the 3D treatment after all these years, so why shouldn't Grim Fandango get a sequel?

I have to disagree though Timfandango, there's a lot of room for a sequel in the plot- it's not a matter of what happens before the Ninth Underworld, it's a matter of what happens afterwards. Something was rotten in the Land of the Dead, why not in the Ninth Underworld?

As for the better graphics etc thing, I'd love it (especially if you see the concept art for the original game, if it looked like that it'd be great) but they'd have to be very, very careful not to end up losing the game's very unique charm with faceless modern graphics.

I would agree with you. Even if you didn't make a sequel, that doesn't mean that a prequel would be a bad idea. It could cover some of his backround. Maybe you could see what it was like for him to be on top. Ya' never know it could happen!:jawa

• 7 years later...

Can't believe it but i'm still in huge love with Grim Fandango. It simply must be continued!!! Manny should come back! ;)

Btw i first played it when it came out and still play it sometimes... Amazing game (it's even more than just a game, it's a story i took some part in)

• 11 months later...

It is such a deep story, so good, so .... INCREDIBLE.....

so many games, and possibilities....and so poor and bad stories.

They could make the greatest quest RPG ever made in this genre...noir, after death ...

Too bad man.... I played it more then 25 times. In 1998 I had a demo of it, and then I bought it. Extraordinary. One of the best products from Lucas Arts by far. No comment.

There has to be a Grim fandango 2 !

I know so many people that liked it. The story is so good, it should break the sales internationally with a sequel. Maybe Manny will have a lot more to do. Maybe the train derails and the get stuck before heaven. A lot of great ideas. Maybe hector is not dead or Domino, or something. More corruption. Anything would work.

It's really not that complicated. Well, we'll see.

If anyone wants to talk to me regarding this game or is a fan, etc. enkizit@yahoo.com my email.

Archived