Home

Favorite Bands

Guybrush122

Come on....post em! You know you want to!

Comment along the way! Here are some of mine:

In no particular order:

NOFX - Great band with a different and undescribable sound. Tons of songs and albums, and all of em ROCK!

Operation Ivy - The DOS version of early Rancid. Great, great, great, great band fusing punk and ska. Bitchin'

Louis Armstrong - Ol' Satchmo. Greatest trumpet player ever and he works miracles when singing and jamming with Ella Fitzgerald. The ultimate feel-good Jazz.

Sublime - Influenced by Bob Marley, California hardcore punk, Dj-ing, and rap, this band mixes it up "crazy-dub-style". Great talent, and it was a shame Bradly Nowell (lead singer and guitarist with all the talent in the world) died.

Gorillaz - Can't describe 'em. Everything from proto-punk to classic rock to crazy techno, to weird rap (sorta), to jam beats, to experimental to.....well EVERYTHING. Love the band, and not just the songs Clint Eastwood and 19/2000

Diana Krall - Great Jazz vocalist who can really hit a note and bust a tune on the piano. Feel good and mellow jazz are brought together with her talent and skill, and her bassist and guitarist freakin ROCK, too.

Led Zeppelin - IT'S THE ZEP! OHHH YEAH!!! I've got thirteen words for you: Houses of the Holy, The Lemon Song, Black Dog, and Dazed and Confused. The best classic rock band EVER!

The Beatles - Need I say more?

Jimi Hendrix - Need I repeat the above phrase?

Dead Kennedys - Hardcore punk with intelligent thoughts and ideas, and different, creative music. They were right about the future in every way (they broke up after the 80's)

Some of these were recommended by forum-regulars of LucasFans. I buy a lot more soundtracks than albums.

Anyways, here are some of my favorites:

Denali

K's Choice (Cocoon Crash!)

Lemon Jelly

Simon & Garfunkel (love Bridge Over Troubled Water, Greatest Hits not so much)

Metallica

The Fucking Champs

Tristania

Darling Violetta

In Extremo (Weckt die Toten! roxxors)

Still together:

Ministry

Staind

Sevendust

Radiohead

Steely Dan

System Of A Down

Aerosmith

The Rolling Stones

The Who

New Order

The Eagles

Nine Inch Nails

Skinny Puppy

Not together:

Alice In Chains

The Beatles

Pink Floyd

The Pixies

The Clash

The Cure

The Doors

Joy Division

Suicidal Tendancies

Faith No More

Helmet

Nirvana

Korn,old Metallica...

A lil' bit of Incubus,system of a down, Stone Sour, Machine Head, Audioslave, Queens of the stone age, Ill nino, Red Hot Chilli peppers, Feeder, Godsmack,Guano Apes, Inme, Lostprophets, Our Lady Peace...and more bands i cant' think of at the mo'

And as a sidedish, I love Jazz.

oh you guys dont u embarass me....

Anyway, my music taste is diverse.

MAIDEN! (Saw them last year, ****in A)

Nightwish

Tool

A Perfect Circle

Jimi Hendrix

Bob Marley

Balance of Power

Dreadlock Pussy

Cruachan (Only just heard them, Irish Pagan Folk Metal you must not miss!)

Judas Priest

GunsNRoses

Metallica

Sublime (Thank you GB!)

Originally posted by Fender

oh you guys dont u embarass me....

Anyway, my music taste is diverse....

*double takes*

Fender? Bro! YOU'RE BACK (for hopefully longer than this brief moment in time)!!!!!!!!

Rock on, man, how's tricks?

Sublime (Thank you GB!)

Don't thank me...thank them. Sweeeeeeet Subliiiiime!

Originally posted by Guybrush122

NOFX - Great band with a different and undescribable sound. Tons of songs and albums, and all of em ROCK!

Operation Ivy - The DOS version of early Rancid. Great, great, great, great band fusing punk and ska. Bitchin'

Sublime - Influenced by Bob Marley, California hardcore punk, Dj-ing, and rap, this band mixes it up "crazy-dub-style". Great talent, and it was a shame Bradly Nowell (lead singer and guitarist with all the talent in the world) died.

The Beatles - Need I say more?

Dead Kennedys - Hardcore punk with intelligent thoughts and ideas, and different, creative music. They were right about the future in every way (they broke up after the 80's)

Dude, you have REALLY good music tastes. Those are some of my favourite bands, too. Especially op ivy! I always wear my op ivy hood around and think I'm a better person for it. what a posuer!

Have you heard of common rider? It's Jesse's band he was in after op ivy. They broke up as well, though, which sucks cause jesse is fantastic. I finally found their first album today. Actually, I should chuck it on right now.

Nofx..... they are sooo fantastic, saw 'em live and it blew me away. Fat Mike will never get old, he's just too cool for words. And it's great to see a band using their musical muscle to get kids voting and thinking more about politics and the world around them.

Hmmm. I like too many bands to list, so I'll talk about a few that are making a big impact on me at the moment

Dashboard confessional - I went to buy tickets to their shows today, and I am so pumped cause I've been waiting to see them for years. They're a love em or leave kinda band, but I love them to death. I don't care how "emo" that makes me!

Minor threat - Everyone who ever listens to anything remotely punk from America is probably listening to a band influenced by these guys. I'm reading a Henry Rollins biography at the moment, and the stories about Ian MacKaye and him starting up the straight edge scene are great. I named him as my Idol in my year book. Fugazi are great, too, but this is where it all started.

Motion City soundtrack - too cool. Gotta love the lead's hairstyle, and the moog. It's all about the moog, baby!

The mars volta - I saw these guys on monday and there is nothing better than watching Cedric Bixler rampage around the stage in ultra tight bands (with his arse crack showing). Too bad I didn't see Omar and him when they were in ATDI

Randy - this band makes me sing really loud in my bedroom while jumping around like an idiot.

H block 101 - they're an aussie band that sound very clashish, but without totally ripping them off. Plus they sing about political stuff, but political stuff going on in my state.

alkaline trio - Matt Skiba is a GOD. SO say my friend who had a major crush on him, anyway,

Anti flag / propagadhi - I put these two together cause anti flag basically replaced propagandhi when they stopped bringing out new stuff. Punk rock was meant to be political, and I'm glad that some punk bands haven't forgotten this.

there are heaps more, but I'll stop because I'm boring.

i started with something they called "depeche mode" :p i pretty liked it (ok.. 30 tapes!) hehehe.

later also the klf and kraftwerk n stuff..

the prodigiy was quite additive for me too.

then came times where i liked metallica and sepultura a lot..

this led me directly to THE BEASTIE BOYS, they really boosted me somehow.. :)

THEN came the good times with funk doobiest, cypress hill, a tribe called quest, gang starr (WHOOOO!!), the house of pain, booya tribe, still the beastie boys and wu tang clan (OF COURSE!! :))

also not to forget die fantastischen vier and rödelheim hardreim projekt.

there was/ is also "classic" stuff that i didnt hear all the time like rolling stones, bob marley and such. but never the beatles.. :dozey:

errm. that all doesnt has changed much today, except that i found my way to the "stumping grounds" of house music and also find drumNbass pretty cool.

so now i've proven it, my musical taste is complete screwed.

Damn Yankees

Styx

Night Ranger

Boston

Led Zeppelin

Pink Floyd

American Hi-Fi

Nickelback

Stone Temple Pilots

Pearl Jam

Four Star Mary

Audioslave

Nirvana

Foo Fighters

Bush

Live

Tommy Shaw

Coldplay

Collective Soul

Van Halen

3 Doors Down

There's more, but this is a good start.

Originally posted by Skinkie

Bush

Live

Two pretty decent bands, which of their albums have u got? I only have "The Distance to Here" from Live (They are actually good 'Live' aswell, they toured with good old Bon Jovi), and "Golden State" Is my only Bush album.

Sadly, I find myself twitching in opposition to more of the bands listed here than I nod my head in agreement. You people like...scary music.

C'mon in to my world. It's annoyingly fun, happy, and colorful in here.

Originally posted by Fender

Two pretty decent bands, which of their albums have u got? I only have "The Distance to Here" from Live (They are actually good 'Live' aswell, they toured with good old Bon Jovi), and "Golden State" Is my only Bush album.

Of Live I only have Throwing Copper, which I'm told is the best one, and I've heard Distance to Here, it's pretty good as well.

Of Bush, I have Sixteen Stone, supposedly the best, but my least favorite of the ones I own, Razorblade Suitcase, which was the first I got, and thought was untoppable, until I got Golden State, which somehow managed to be even more perfect.

Archived