Home

The Legend of Zelda

C Shutt

Which is your favourite Zelda game?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite Zelda game?

• Legend of Zelda
    • The Adventure of Link
    • A Link to the Past
    • Link's Awakening
    • Ocarina of Time
    • Majora's Mask
    • Oracle of Ages/Seasons
    • Wind Waker

Ocarana of Time was brilliant. One of my favorite games period.

I thought Majora's mask was "eh" and I like the gameplay in Wind Waker, but hate the graphics. Hate hate hate hate the graphics. Too cutesy for me....I want a darker, moodier Link.

And that's not just because I'm adolescent.

The first two (Legend of Zelda, Adventure of Link) were on the NES. The first one is incredibly hard, and the second one is technically the spawn of Satan. Then there's the excellent Link to the Past on the SNES, which also got thrown onto the GBA recently. Ocarina and Majora's Mask were N64 titles, and of course Wind Waker is the latest incarnation. The Oracle titles and Link's Awakening were Game Boy releases.

I totally voted Ocarina like everyone else has done so far. It's large, consistent, and filled with lots of crap to do. I was also completely amazed by the 3D Hyrule, and dancing Gorons kick ass.

I didn't like Majora's Mask as much, mainly due to the constantly ticking clock that kind of sapped the fun out of exploring. Wind Waker was superb - the graphics were excellent, and I enjoyed the combat-system, visuals and the dungeons a lot more. However, it was a little too small, questing for the triforce shards was a bore, and sailing gets tiresome after a while no matter how cool the water looks.

All of the Gameboy titles are great too.

I like to think that why so many like Ocarana is because of it's story. With few exceptions, every Zelda game is just another version of the same story....and OOT just did it the best. Beautifully crafted, great plot, emotionally involving, challanging, great gameplay....Wow I'm gonna go play it now...

...hey, did anyone else cry when Saria was stuck as a guardian and could never be with Link because of it?

.....no?

.......just me then, huh?

......yep.

Archived