Home

It must have happened mid-morning or something

Doubleplus GC

How did Dongle get mentioned as an old-schooler who still posts here, while I did not?

I actually stop by to see if anyone posts. At one point I thought I'd post myself, Alien replied to something, and it was back to the lurkinging for me.

GC- nice of you to mention your email changed.

I might've also mailed Shutt and Alien, but I can't remember by now.

Actually, as per my E-mail changing, you got the memo before it was even up and running. My dad shut down my old one forgetting to tell me, and being a sporadic E-mail checker (what with some 400 unread spams filling my breadbox) I didn't know it wasn't there until I tried to E-mail some teachers to request letters of recommendation for the college I'm trying to transfer to.

No one knows my new addess and I'm not giving it out freely to any spam offerers, so it will be regularly checked once again. Sorry for any mix ups, and if you've sent me anything within the last 4 (or maybe 6) months, you might want to resend the gist of it, as it got dumped without having been read.

I'm quite proud of the tom Robbins reference, and I'm assuming that the Douglas Adams reference is so obvious it need not be stated.

What the hell DID happen to this place???

I've been meaning to come back here for ages, but for some reason I just never got around to it.

So what have all you guys been up to in my absence???

GC, are you still reading Sluggy? Bought any of the books? I'm wanting to, but I'm not sure if they make it out to Australia.

I don't know if I trust online ordering. Oh wait, yes I do. I've ordered pc parts on-line, but they were from sites in Australia.

I'm not sure if I will readily trust on-line ordering from international sites. Chances are, yes they are decent and harmless, but I don't know if I can be damned taking the risk.

Damn there being no Sluggy in Australia.

Once, I had considered saving all the comics onto my PC, and then printing them out. I never did it, I wouldn't be able to. Think of all the ink that would be needed. It would probably work out cheaper to buy the books rather than spend so much on ink cartridges.

More importantly then that, however, I would never do that to such a creative artist like Pete Abrams. I'd much rather support him, than being a ruthless little prick and rob him of his dedication and hard work.

• 1 month later...

Okay, dogs, check me.

The following cool things have happened in the past couple weeks:

1. My girlfiriend and I celebrated our one-year anniversary, which is pretty swiggitty-swank if you ask me.

2. I got a call from California College of the Arts; my transfer application has been accepted and I will be starting a film major in the fall.

3. I passed my driving test on Tuesday and now am the proud owner of a California driver's license. Woot!

And now the bad news:

1. (And there can be only 1.) The day after I barely squeaked by on my driving test, I crashed my car into the median on 280 going to school, probably at about 65 or 70 MPH. Amazingly, I made it out with only a mild concussion and a broken middle finger on my right hand (I'm typing this one-handed right now). The car is totalled, may he rest in piece. I've missed a mid-term, I can't make serious use of my all-important typing/writing/editing/drawing hand, which kinda jacks up alla my classes, and the concussion leaves me dropping memories pretty easily, which makes studying near-impossible. So I may be dropping out of this semester, or at least dropping some classes.

These pain meds I'm taking make me constipated, and the laxitives make my stomach feel like a discoteque. Shnaw.

So whatever. Gas prices are gynormous these days anyway!

So, no, I ain't bought any Sluggy books. Don't have the money to burn on comics I've already read, especially when I could put it towards tuition or the ocasional food item. Of course, the side story in the new book is an Oasis one... durn it all to heck!

Back to you, Connie Chung.

• 8 months later...

All is well now. The girlfriend is a psycho and I should have dumped in the third month and not made it to bragging about one year. The dead Nissan (Clarence Floyd, RIP) has been replaced by a truly beautiful 1985 brown Volkswagon Vanagon. Her name is Maude, and she's a true lady.

California College of the Arts suits me well. I got to make a hat out of paper bags for a drawing class (why for a drawing class? why not?), and mine was all covered in horns and scales, and I recieved many a compliment. A recent project for Time & Media was done with LEGOs, and I was loved by the entire class.

Except for this liking my ex's co-worker business, things are pretyt good on this front.

Sunday's was wonderful. It reminded me of an old strip of Kiki laying in the sun in Torg or Riff's car in an epilogue to one of the better stories. Maybe it was Millenium/Nanites story.

In any case, the last four panels are printed and pinned to the wall in my office.

Monday's was interesting, and is suddenly seemed as if there was a whole other story to tell. But he didn't, which is acceptable in the Sluggy world.

Tuesday's was a bit of a filler strip, with way too much background in too few panels (and dialogues, no less, not flashbacks).

Wednesday's strip was a nice finish, with a typical higher-beings-using-the-toilet joke (less of those would help the strip, honestly).

Thursday's was jaw-dropping.

Yes, well articulated. I interpret Monday's to mean that this will be returned to someday (in, like, two years... has Abrams ever actually concluded a story element? where the hell is Oasis?).

On a completely unretarded note, does anyone else notice that panel four of the Sunday strip looks very much like a vagina? Maybe it's just me.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived