Home

Escape from Nal Hutta

VanLingo

OOC:

T10, you're not too late. ;)

MMMPIE, the door is now open.

And when is this set?

IC:

The two sides of the huge door came grinding to a halt, and it was now mostly concealed in the stone wall. The pain in Excelsion's hand was almost overwhelming, but he chose to ignore it. In his childhood, to show pain was a sign of weakness. Gazing out into the sunlight from the gap where the door was, Excelsion saw another human, and behind him, what appeared to be an X-Wing.

"Do you work for the Rebellion?" He asked.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OOC:

This is set just before Empire Strikes Back.

Welcome, T10!

IC:

"Oh, nich," Lingo swore in Huttese, "not again..."

The others waited for an explanation. "I'm Van Lingo. This" -- he gestured to the X-Wing pilot before them -- "is Marta Richmar."

I'm a dead man. For quite some time now, the Hutts had been hunting him back and forth, kind of like a sick trophy-stealing game. "Sorry about your tracker, Richmar... a guy's gotta use the 'fresher, you know?"

A Gamorrean squeal caught their ear; the guards were forming up deep in the palace.

"I think we'd better get out of here..." Lingo ran his fingers through his dirty hair. "If you can take me to the mainland, I'll cover that bounty."

OOC: Thanx, and I would've asked when it was set, but I forgot. I'd guess that as BF is in the classic era, this is set in that era too. But I'm. If I had edit, I'd change it to a modified N-1 starfighter if it was in EP1-3 times. Oh well.

IC: As the great door grinded to a halt, he saw three people. One was what appeared to be a Mandalorain, and, maybe two other humans. His instincts told him that one of these people must be his target. But, before he could speak, he was questioned by the one nearest the door, who was clutching his hand.

"Do you work for the Rebellion?" He asked.

Suprised by this, he raised his blaster at the person, but not so as to kill, just as a warning, as was apparent by his posture. "Who's asking?" He replied in a cocky tone. "How can I trust that you're not an imp?"

As he siad this, he flipped a hardly noticeable switch on his belt, and his 2-seater X-wing began to rise, moving slowly towards him, the starboard wing tilted down, ready for a quick departure. He stepped back, making sure that he had his blaster trained on the human all of the time.

Excelsion stared at the man for a few minutes. He was rather annoyed by this man threatening him with a gun.

"Listen. You put the gun down and help us outta here...and we'll let you live."

He knew that he was in no position to fight, and he couldn't hold his rifle becuase of his wounded hand, but he hoped that the man would give in. But what if he tries to shoot me?

Before the man could say anything, he decided to speak again.

"Look...I'm wounded, badly. I need your help. We're friendly...you know Lingo, right? Could you help us? Just don't shoot."

OOC: Sorry, you must'a posted just before I did. Stupid internet. Anyway, the one I just posted now doesn't make much sense, so, I'll do it again. Please ignore the previous post. I'd edit it if I could, but, for some reason I couldn't. Oh well, on we go (again).

IC: Richmar immediately backed off, a natural reaction tio spotting a dozen Gammorians armed with axes charging towards you. "Well, if I get to keep my life, you're on! C'mon, I've got room for one!"

Then, he flipped a switch on his belt, which seemed to alert his green and chrome R2 unit, installed in his X-Wing. He droid emmited a series of bleeps, and flew the matching green and chrome X-Wing towards him, so that the wings provided a ramp into the craft.

"Do you other guys have a ship?" Marta inquired. "'Cos I 'aint got no more space in my 'wing."

They didn't have time to answer. A flying axe sent them diving for cover. No-one had time to think, they all acted instinctively. Richmar and Lingo darted for the small stunt fighter, while Excelsion and Thor headed for their own ships.

The repulsorlifts of the X-Wing roared to life, and the nose turned to face the door of the huge palace. "Now is a good time to get out of here!" Shouted Van Lingo, spotting the approaching hordes of battle droids and grunts.

But before he left, Marta wanted one small glimpse of victory. He let loose a concussion missle at the door. The explosion wiped out almost everything, sending torsos and limbs flying everywhere. "So," began Richmar, as the ship pulled away, "are you really a smuggler?"

OOC: Well, knowing my luck, someone would've posted while I was, so this'll be irrelevant. Oh, and for future referance, my X-Wing is heavily modified.

OOC: I was just wondering, in your next post, can you put up what times you expect to be on? That way we know when to check for new posts here. To start, I'll be on around 9pm-11pm on weekdays, and maybe most of the day on weekends. Oh, and STOP POSTING WHILE I AM! :mad: :mad: :mad: J/k My fault...:atat:kill...

OOC: Look, I'm sorry, I don't mean to spam, it's just it won't let me edit my own posts. Anyway, count all of my RPG posts above, and, erm, oh, yeah. Can you give your times as well as orientation to GMT please. I'd guess Exelsion is GMT. I'm GMT too. If you're not, give it like, +8 or something.

EDIT: OK, thanx Lingo, I must'a been pressing the wrong edit button. Oh well.

OOC:

I'm Central Standard Time (-6), but I just pop in to throw in my two cents. I'm never on at a certain time.

Oh, and look below to the right of your posts. They should all have two buttons; one's an edit button.

IC:

Lingo looked at Richmar. "Yes, I'm a smuggler. I transport anything that doesn't breath. And never spice."

He grunted in pain as he strapped his safety web harness on. "I don't suppose you brought any rations...? I haven't eaten in six days."

OOC:

I'm usually on some hours Saturday (none particluar) and after school on weekdays (5:30pm on Monday and Friday, 4pm other days).

IC:

"Actually," said Excelsion, turning to Thor before walking over to another ship, "this is my own ship. I've got a few supplies on board, but I could do with a bandage. That rancor cut me pretty bad."

OOC: OK thanx guys. And I can feel it getting harder to RP 'cos we're all in seperate places. Grrrr. Oh well. I'll *try* to do it.

IC: The small X-wing had turned towards the mainland, and was now circling around the tower, waiting until the others get into the air. Richmar wasn't the person who abandoned people in the middle of a danger zone. He wanted to make sure that they were safe.

"Well, my stupid Hutt boss is wrong again!" Said Marta sarcastically. "I'd never of expected that!" He then shouted out a command to his R2 unit, which seemed to be busy with the port stabalisers. "Geeone? Tell me when the others get up into the air. Oh, and inform me of any ships entering the area."

R2-G1 let loose a series of beeps before returning to his job with the engines.

Van Lingo stared back at the tower, seemingly lost in thought. His stomach emmitted a loud groaning noise, and he winced in pain.

Then Richmar remembered Lingos request for food. "Oh, yeah! I got some food in the, er, whre was it? Oh! That compartment on the back of my seat. Yeah!"

"Thanks." Van opened the small hatch, and was greeted by items of all sorts. A spare blaster, a frag grenade, a respirator, a vibroblade. Oh, and the rations.

Just then, a loud warning tone came from the back of the craft, followed by a scarlet red laser. "Geeone, how many of them?"

The text came up for both occupants: 3 Z-95 Headhunters. From the palace.

However, glancing at the ground, Marta saw Thor and Excelsion leaving towards the mainland. "Geeone! Tell them to get there as fast as they can, while I hold these fighters off!"

"Anything I can do to help?" Inquired Van Lingo.

"Yeah! If you could use the E-Web it'd be a great help!" Replied Richmar quickly. As he said this, Vans chair spun around, G1 retreated deeper into the craft, and an imposing E-Web blaster rose from the rear of the craft, complete with joysticks at Vans lap.

OOC: Ok, Van, you can take control of the X-Wing. And, MMMPIE and ExcelsioN, do what ya want.

OOC:

If we're going to split up, maybe we should make new threads...

IC:

The E-web charged with a high whine, and Lingo pushed the joystick testily.

Two of the Z-95s flew in large arcs in front of the X-Wing while the remaining one angled for its vulnerable tail.

Lingo pulled the trigger in bursts, feeling the welcome thump, thump as recoil pushed the gun barrel around.

"So, Richmar..." Thump, thump, thump... "What good is a gun --" Thump, thump... "-- that fires from the most vulnerable spot on the --" Thump, thump, thump... "-- shield?"

OOC: Well, we'll wait for the others before we make a vote on it, but I personally think it'd be an inconvenience to do that. Oh, and we're trying to meet up on the mainland, right?

IC: Richmar once again felt at home. In his X-Wing, in combat, in control.

Marta was a great pilot, calm in what others would describe as a tense situation. He had taken out many a spice smuggler in his X-Wing, even when in a small group of other fighters, they we're never safe. Compared to other fights he'd been in, this was a bore.

One of the reasons for his great piloting skill was the fact that he completely switched off when piloting, as if in a trance. As if led by the force, as the Jedi were, in the legends he was told as a child. He heard the dull thud...thud...thud of the E-Web, and saw two of the fighters swoop in front of him, lasers firing. Either they were foolish, or highly skilled...

But the way they flew didn't prove themselves as the latter. Any good pilot would've pulled up towards the end, forcing their opponent towards the ground. But they didn't. Marta got off a concussion missle at one, the explosion sending it spirraling towards the ground. He swore that he saw the pilots expression of terror before the missle hit.

Flipping a blue switch on his right, another hatch opened, this time on the underside of the craft. An ion cannon. It sprayed blue bolts of energy in the direction of the second craft, forcing it into a series of evasive manouvers. Just then, a ship exploded behind them, most likely wiped out by Lingo's shooting.

Then Lingo said something, dulled by the continuous thud...thud...thud... of the E-Web, now trained on the second ship, which was now evading a flurry of blue and red shots. An ion hit, slowing it. Then a blaster. Then it fell out of the sky, followed by a trail of fire and smoke. The explosion was never heard.

OOC:

Only split up for a while, then meet up on the mainland and decide what to do. And I just thought I'd post what my ship looks like.

Excelsion-yt2400.jpg

IC:

Excelsion could see Thor's Firespray alongside his ship. Ahead of him was the small mainland town of Yatharra. From behind, he could hear the sounds of laser fire. Lingo and Marta...they must be in trouble.

The thought crossed his mind whether or not to go and help, but he didn't want to get caught up in the Hutt's palace again. After all, he was living the life of a bounty hunter. He had to be ruthless and couldn't let this bother him.

With this in mind, Excelsion set course for a hangar on the outskirts of Yatharra.

IC:

A fireball lit up the ground as Lingo and Richmar tore across the Nal Hutta sky. The last Headhunter floated up behind them, and Lingo pulled the trigger.

Blast! He missed with the first four shots, giving the Z-95 pilot time to evade. It came up again, confident that the makeshift gunner would miss once more.

The other pilot made a surprisingly aggresive move and tarried long enough to get a missile lock. Lingo swore and closed his eyes. The tell-tale scream of a lock-on warning filled the cockpit.

Lady Luck, I'm counting on you. He squeezed off one round, and a red streak lanced out like a hungry viper. The Headhunter's shields lapsed momentarily as it fired a concussion missile -- Lingo's lucky shot struck the cockpit canopy as the forward shields let the missile through.

The Z-95 continued flying, piloted by a dead man. Lingo sighed in relief.

Then he suddenly remembered: "Richmar! Evasive, missile incoming!"

IC: With the destruction. Well, death of the pilot from the last Z-95, Marta switched back into 'normal' mode. Well, that was what he told himself.

Really, it was the missle lock. He'd only ever heard that tone once before, while taking out a rebel smuggler, trying to get his spice to Tatooine. The missle had struck his nosecone, while simoltaneously knocking him out cold, leaving R2-G1 to pilot the ship. He'd had to pay thousands upon thousands of credits to get it fixed. But he had learnt since then.

"OK! I'm on it!" Richmar shouted, above the blaring of the lockon tone. "Geeone, launch a counter-measure, now!"

The replies was a negative tone, signalling that they were all out.

"Ah, sithspit!" He screamed. The missle was coming from behind, and would rupture the fuel tanks. Then, Marta had an idea. Cutting the throtle, he soared into a loop, bringing his craft up behind the continuing headhunter.

Closing his S-Foils, the craft zoomed towards the Z-95. Pursued by the ever persistant missle. Then, as he overtook the craft, he braked.

The engines fell silent, the engine temperatures dropped. The missle changed course. The missle flew towards the headhunter, smashing it from behind. The fuel tanks exploded. The craft became a mere gaseous ball of light. And the X-Wing continued towards the coordinates of the hangar. Its pilot triumphant again. I love this ship!

OOC: Oh, and I'm gonna try drawing a 2 seater X-Wing to show you. Expect your eyes to be soiled. :biggs:

OOC: Sorry for the delay, but my internet's been down :o

IC: Thor had thrown Excelsion some bacta before he took off.

He had heard the blaster fire, but spotted Excelsion flying of in the other direction.

"Is he abandoning us?" Thor tought.

He tried to get a radio signal, and contact him.

"Where are you heading?" He tried to question Excesion.

OOC:

No Problem. ;)

IC:

Excelsion heard his ship's radio crackling. It wasn't the most reliable nor too high-tech.

"I'm going to dock in Yatharra!" He shouted down the radio, "Now, if you want to go back there to be caught and become prisoners again - that's fine by me - but I'm not going back."

OOC: Is Yatharra a planet or a ccity on Nal Hutta?

IC: "Okey, i'm not risking my life here" Thor said through the cracked radio line.

"Well, if Yatharra is the closest spaceport, i guess i'll go there. You never know what the Hutts saboteurs might have planted in your ship..."

He fired up his boosters, and caught up with Excelsion.

OOC:

Yatharra is just a city I made up. ;)

IC:

Excelsion wasn't on a completly unknown world. He had several contacts, including a buisnessman by the name of Galuk. Excelsion had done some jobs for Galuk in the past, and had often used the large hangar owned by Galuk on the outskirts of Yatharra.

"Follow me," He said to Thor through the radio, "I know some people who might let us dock here. Hopefully then we can work out what to do."

IC: The small X-Wing closed it's S-Foils, and began to accelerate towards Yatharra, while it's small R2 unit began work on the starboard engines, which appeared to have taken some thermal damage from the E-Web.

Inside, Van Lingo's chair had spun back around to face the front of the craft. Securely fastened by his crash webbing, he was munching just about all the rations he could get. Cold sosages, lukewarm tea, stale biscuits, whatever. He was content with it. It was better than what he'd been served in the hutts palace.

Marta, who was piloting the small stunt fighter was checking over his displays, making sure that critical systems were in the green. That weapons were functional. That shields were operational. Checking everything basically. He turned to observe his datapad, which had just brought up information on the city of Yatharra.

There was little of interest there. The coordinates he'd recieved directed him to the outskirts of the city. Gangs, slums, industrial areas. Sounded like a dangerous place. He didn't want to be there long.

He looked towards his radar, and spotted another craft flying close to those of his new found allies. It seemed to be owned by a rebel, but who remained unknown. They were moving into land, so Marta fired up the afterburners to catch up with them.

As he came into sight of the hangar, he saw Thor, Excelsion and that rebel. The appeared to be chatting. About what he couldn't tell. He punched a button on his controls, and the landing gear kicked out, followed by the dull brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr of his repulsorlifts. A moment later, the X-Wing touched to floor, and the noise ended. They had escaped the hutt.

IC:

His stomach temporarily appeased, Lingo gladly climbed down from the X-Wing. He loved flying, but was never partial to starfighters.

The others waited on the hangar deck, joined by a man in Rebel uniform. "Thankfully, that party's over."

Uneasy around bounty hunters, Lingo slapped his hip where his blaster would be. Of course, it was still sitting back at the Hutt palace. Well, I can always grab a spare back at the Grim Fandango.

"Hey, Richmar," he chuckled as he made his way across the pavement, "I guess claiming that bounty on me is out of the question, eh? Too bad...I might've brought you quite a chunk of change.

"I'd be grateful if you could get me to my ship. She's berthed about twelve klicks from here, and I'm not too keen on walking through a Hutt city without my popgun."

IC: As Marta followed Van Lingo outside, he left his blaster inside the ship. He was unsure, but something told him to trust the others. So, he did.

"You're bounty? I don't want it. You're not a spice smuggler. I only take bounties on spice smugglers. Recently she's been giving my flase contracts. Falinja. Do you know her?" Richmar asked.

"Well, there was a Hutt in my clan." Said Lingo, emersed in thought. "A female. Yeah! Falinja was part of my group. She's had it out for me for ages."

Then, Marta remembered the rebel, who seemed to be doing nothing. "Well. Who are ya?" He asked. "Is there a cell here on Nal Hutta?"

Archived