Home

Hapslash's Improved Stormtrooper

Infinity Blade

Well, I finally got around to helping Hap in the past week or two, and for the most part the model is finished. For those that don't know, this is as the subject says, an improved stormtrooper model over the one that came with Jedi Outcast.

We've still got some ironing out of textures, a little this, a little that.... but it shouldn't be long now.

And for those that have been waiting... here's a shot of it in-game with Hap's Blaster model too. It's a "side by side" with the original JO models.

http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/st-ingame.jpg

More coming soon....

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've worked the model so that both versions should be identical. The weighting is the same, it's just the tag that controls the left hand's saber and such is weighted to a different bone in JA.

I think Raven should've been able to fix it easily in their conversion process, as it's only one tag... but who knows.

Regardless... making a JA version of a properly weighted JO model (not using the extra bones in JO) should be a very quick task. I can take the model as is, spend 5 minutes max to reweight the tag and compile with the new GLA, then it should be ready to go.

Hmmm... I dunno. The lighting system in JO kinda makes whites glare as is.

And while I'm no shader expert, I'd think having a shader that covers 90% of the polys on his body, then being the most common enemy on the screen, would possibly slow down some of the less moderate machines out there.

It'd most likely look better, but is it cost effective?

blaster-p.jpg

As I'm putting together the final mesh needed for the Improved E-11, Infinity Blade has been ironing the last of the bugs out of the model.

As you can see, something just wasn't quite right,...

no-head.jpg

This problem has been fixed now, and we haven't found any other major problems with it yet, but we're going to keep looking at it until I can get this blaster done.

Originally posted by HapSlash

blaster-p.jpg

As I'm putting together the final mesh needed for the Improved E-11, Infinity Blade has been ironing the last of the bugs out of the model.

As you can see, something just wasn't quite right,...

no-head.jpg

This problem has been fixed now, and we haven't found any other major problems with it yet, but we're going to keep looking at it until I can get this blaster done.

Thats a bit freaky.. ^_^ Take your time with the model anyways. I won't be playing it any time soon. :(

~ Michaelmexp

Archived