Home

Hapslash's Improved Stormtrooper

Infinity Blade

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're in the process of re-weighting the entire thing. Last night LOD 3 was finished and we put it into MP to see if it works. It seems fine, so it must have just been a bad max file.

The other three LODs have to be finished now. I'm not sure how long that's going to end up taking, but I'll try to keep you posted of any new updates.

Well,... hopefully fixed the MP problem. Just because the least detailed LOD will work, doesn't mean there won't be problems with the other LODs,...

I'm such an optimist. :dev7:

Tarkin's coming around, but I'll admit it still isn't right. You should have seen it a week ago. Every time I looked at it, I couldn't help but think to myself,...

MONKEY!!!!

tarkin-001.jpg..........tarkin-003.jpg

And then here's what I'm working with now.

Originally posted by t3rr0r

hap, which other imperials were you planning on for additional heads? it's would be awesome if you considered gilad pellaeon or even thrawn (maybe with a possible toggleable ysalimiri on his shoulders? :D) was included...

That would be pretty cool.

Hap : Maybe you could make these ideas for new heads after you've released the generic ones?

Originally posted by t3rr0r

hap, which other imperials were you planning on for additional heads? it would be awesome if you considered gilad pellaeon or even thrawn (maybe with a possible toggleable ysalimiri on his shoulders? :D) was included...

Grand Admiral Thrawn is in production. Look here, http://hapslash.tripod.com/jkii/proj.html, under Imperial Forces.

I wouldn't read too much into that page,... I started it back when I originally revamped the site, and never finished it. Many of the projects listed were never even started, and some of them I don't have much intention of making now anyway. That's why the page is no longer accessible through the site anymore, I thought I had already taken it down.

The ideas mentioned sound pretty good, but they won't be included with the initial model release. I've been planing on including the basic Imperial Officer with the second Dark Forces Mod Demo,... After that's been done, I'll probably re-release the model with some expanded features.

While I was waiting for the model to be re-weighted I noticed

something about the helmet and preceded to change it.

Here's how the alternate head looks,...

helmet-alteration.jpg

Since the model has already beed compiled, I might not bother.

I would have to go back and rework the Sandtrooper helmet

texture to match the altered mesh, and I'm not sure if it's worth it.

What do you guys think?

which one's which?

The one one the lefts eye thingys are too far away from that line circling his head. Plus, the eyes are a bit too grey. I like the one on the right better.

But if the one on the left is HapSlashs' then all he's done is make it look worse.

Sorry, HapSlash!:(

Edit: I preferred it how it was when you took the screenie of the headless shadow one.

Personnaly, I prefer the one on the right, but bear in mind, both of the variations exist in the Star Wars universe, especialy in ANH were the extras had the black piece of rubber floating around anywhere!

One thing though, the one on the right looks like his eye holes got shrunk a little along the Y axis. Mabye you can do like Goerge Lucas and take the eyes of the one on the left and place them like the one on the right:)

Oya, Infinity blade, you have a broken link in your sig. It says you can find the Dark Forces mod at http://darkforces.jediknightii.net/.

(instead of http://darkforces.jediknight.net/)

Hap, I think it'd be a great idea to include both helmets with your model. In ANH, there were two styles of helmets, "hero" and "stunt". Hero helmets have three "teeth" either side of the frown and a low brow. Stunt helmets however have four teeth, and usually a higher brow. For example:

A hero style:

tonyrbage12.jpg

A hero style, next to a Stormtrooper:

ginoANHcomppic1a.jpg

A stunt style, next to a Sandtrooper:

Move_Along.jpg

All Sandtroopers were the stunt style.

Here is a comparison between the two:

GCRP_GFComp1.jpg

Since there are two NPCs for Stormtroopers in Jedi Outcast/Academy, one Stormtrooper could use a stunt helmet, and the other Stormtrooper could use a hero helmet. Just a suggestion. ;)

Archived