Home

Hapslash's Improved Stormtrooper

Infinity Blade

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your Stormtrooper replaces Jedi Academy's default Model.

Default JKA had a Stormtrooper/officer Skin. It was simply a Stormtrooper with a pauldron.

This is Ravens Default Stormtrooper Officer:

ravenstofficer.jpg

And this is what comes out when using your Stormtrooper:

hapstofficer.jpg

I don't know wether you have JA or not ...

The JA version of the model is already done, as are the appropriate skin files to replace the officer and such. The only reason it isn't out already is we have yet to test n' tweak a few things for JA, and that process goes much slower without owning a copy of the game.

It'll come out in due course.. just, as I said, be patient. :D

I want to thank everyone for all their kind words and encouragement during the creation of this project. Sorry that I haven't been able to respond to each of you individually, but I'm still working on those models.

As far as the JA officer skin is concerned, I'm afraid you'll have to do without for the time being. There really is no way I'm aware of to make the pauldron visible, but you can rewrite the skin file to make it appear as the basic trooper (as TK mentioned).

Before I forget,... Does JA have a disruptor weapon like JO's rifle?

If so, how does it handle the surfaces that are turned "off"?

I had a problem while putting this model together for JO. I originally had the Stormtrooper & Sandtrooper together using one model. When the Stormtrooper was disintegrated, the invisible backpack, pauldron, and ammo pouches of the Sandtrooper started glowing as well, completely ruining the effect. I know JA has many models with multiple surfaces, and am wondering if it's something I should worry about.

Yeah exactly the same flaw I've noticed with NeoMarz1's and Psykosith's Clonetroopers ...

If you engage in duelmode the same problem appears.

I'll give it a shot ... maybe I can find something out.

These are Raven's skinfiles for the Stormtrooper and the ST-Officer that were included in the assets:

http://home.arcor.de/pahricida/model_default.skin

http://home.arcor.de/pahricida/model_officer.skin

It's the same model ... just some surfaces turned of via the skin file.

Wait a second am I allowed to post this stuff here? :D

you can also edit the npc files in assets1.pk3/ext_data/npcs so that stormtrooper officers appear as the sand trooper. trust me it works, and it looks cool too. Only problem for me is a drop in frame rate for which the only explanation is that every time you see a storm trooper it has to convert the JK model to JA, so having a lot of them on screen makes the thing chug a bit.

About Strider74205's proposal ...

I don't think Sandtroopers would really fit a hoth environment ...

Sure it would be cool to have Sandtroopers instead of Stormie Officers on siege_desert, but they just aren't "neutral" enough to fit into every environment.

So in my opinion changing the npc file is also just a stopgap.

guess we just have to pray there will be a JA conversion :rolleyes:

Ok This is pretty simple.

Now to ''Surf'' Things off For JKA and Not Have them show up In duels/force... Meh, heres how

Example:

hips,models/players/kyle/hips.jpg

Now Say you wanna take the hips off, Simply change that(above) to this(below)

hips,*off

Hope that helps :)

Originally posted by Pahricida

guess we just have to pray there will be a JA conversion :rolleyes:

I've already addressed this.

Originally posted by CaladienJedi

Ok This is pretty simple.

I've already done this... I think Hap was more wondering was if the skin files act more as a surf/npcs file in JA, or if the *off functions more like leaving the texture location "clear" in the skin files of JA.

If you don't enter in the texture data, it doesn't render the texture, but does apply the disintegrate effect to the invisible parts. I think the question he said should say:

Does the Disruptor disintegration effect occur on parts of a model that have *off set in the skin file?

We'd test it, but neither of us have JA yet.

Well, of course sand troopers don't work well on hoth thats why i left the snowtrooper alone, it has its own model in JA, and a good one in my opinion.

I did find that the sand trooper looked a bit out of place so I copied the clean textures from the storm trooper model over to the sand trooper. Now they look fine.

Since they are different models i didn't have to mess with turning surfaces on or off. If you put "clear" in for one of the textures in JA it will be invisible in game, but it'll still show up with a burn across it when you slash it with your lightsaber. You have to turn a surface off in an npc file to avoid this.

Also i'm just doing this for my own amusement, not to release (in case there was any confusion).

Yeah exactly the same flaw I've noticed with NeoMarz1's and Psykosith's Clonetroopers ...

you can also edit the npc files in assets1.pk3/ext_data/npcs

You have to turn a surface off in an npc file to avoid this.

I thought that might be the case,...

Excuse my ignorance, but does the npc file work in MP as well, or is it for SP use only?

Single player only i'm afraid. It contains all of the data for non-player characters in game. In JA they are all seperate whereas in JO its one big file that you can find in assets1.pk3/ext_data.

In JO if you want to switch an npc to a new model you have to put all the stuff or at least the model and skin files into a new folder with a jedi, reborn, or st (there are a few others too) prefix on it.

so to get the storm trooper officers in JO to use your sand trooper model I would have to copy the contents of the sandtrooper folder into a new folder and call it stsandtrooper or something. Then I would go into npc.cfg and edit the stofficer entry so it looks something like this.

STOfficer

{

playerModel stsandtrooper

health 60

headPitchRangeDown 30

reactions 5

aim 5

move 5

aggression 5

evasion 5

intelligence 5

rank ensign

scale 110

playerTeam enemy

enemyTeam player

// race klingon

class stormtrooper

height 68

crouchheight 52

walkSpeed 51

runSpeed 200

snd stofficer1

sndcombat stofficer1

sndextra stofficer1

yawspeed 90

walkSpeed 55

runSpeed 200

dismemberProbHead 99

dismemberProbArms 99

dismemberProbLegs 99

dismemberProbHands 99

dismemberProbWaist 99

}

Since the original used the stormtrooper model it had surfaces turned off and on so i just deleted those lines. Also since this one uses the default skin i deleted a line that said customSkin.

viola, instant sand trooper. to make it use the red or blue (or black or white) skins just add a customSkin line like this

customSkin red

In JA you don't need to make a new folder, and also the npc file has more data, like you can set what weapon the npc carries and such.

hope i could help, i learned most of this through trial and error, but once you get it all down its easy to replace just about every character and enemy in either game.

oh and in JA don't forget to set the NPC files as read-only before you put them in the pk3, otherwise it doesn't work, lol.

Putting *off in the skin file only makes the surface appear invisible, unless it is sniped, glowing, etc.. NPCs can have a "surfOff <surface>" line in their NPC file and that will completely remove a surface. In multiplayer, a skin can have a "model_<default, blue, red, etc.>.surf" file that turns a surface off as on the NPC. (surfOff <surface>) And this is the better way to turn off surfaces, because they are gone completely.

I'll tell you what I have done with the Stormtrooper Officers. Remember those Field Troopers in Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith? Well if you don't, they were simply a Stormtrooper but with a backback and pauldron and either a repeater or rail detonator. Well I've brought them back!

Please note, that in a mod of mine, I've increased the skill of many Imperial NPCs, so that they're superior to mercenaries. I've also made more dismemberment. :D

• SandtrooperSquadLeader
    {
    playerModel sandtrooper
    crouchheight 38
    headPitchRangeDown 30
    weapon WP_BLASTER
    rank commander
    aggression 5
    aim 5
    evasion 5
    intelligence 5
    move 5
    reactions 5
    playerTeam TEAM_ENEMY
    enemyTeam TEAM_PLAYER
    class CLASS_STORMTROOPER
    health 80
    yawSpeed 110
    walkSpeed 55
    runSpeed 200
    snd stofficer2
    sndcombat stofficer2
    sndextra stofficer2
    dismemberProbHead 100
    dismemberProbArms 100
    dismemberProbHands 100
    dismemberProbLegs 100
    dismemberProbWaist 100
    }

SandtrooperNoPack
    {
    playerModel sandtrooper
    customSkin default_no-pack
    crouchheight 38
    headPitchRangeDown 30
    weapon WP_REPEATER
    rank commander
    aggression 5
    aim 5
    evasion 5
    intelligence 5
    move 5
    reactions 5
    playerTeam TEAM_ENEMY
    enemyTeam TEAM_PLAYER
    class CLASS_STORMTROOPER
    health 80
    yawSpeed 110
    walkSpeed 55
    runSpeed 200
    snd stofficer1
    sndcombat stofficer1
    sndextra stofficer1
    dismemberProbHead 100
    dismemberProbArms 100
    dismemberProbHands 100
    dismemberProbLegs 100
    dismemberProbWaist 100
    }

SandtrooperSergeant
    {
    playerModel sandtrooper
    customSkin white
    crouchheight 38
    headPitchRangeDown 30
    weapon WP_BLASTER
    rank lt
    aggression 5
    aim 5
    evasion 5
    intelligence 5
    move 5
    reactions 5
    playerTeam TEAM_ENEMY
    enemyTeam TEAM_PLAYER
    class CLASS_STORMTROOPER
    health 80
    yawSpeed 110
    walkSpeed 55
    runSpeed 200
    snd stofficer1
    sndcombat stofficer1
    sndextra stofficer1
    dismemberProbHead 100
    dismemberProbArms 100
    dismemberProbHands 100
    dismemberProbLegs 100
    dismemberProbWaist 100
    }

Sandtrooper
    {
    playerModel sandtrooper
    customSkin black
    crouchheight 38
    headPitchRangeDown 30
    weapon WP_REPEATER
    rank crewman
    aggression 5
    aim 5
    evasion 5
    intelligence 5
    move 5
    reactions 5
    playerTeam TEAM_ENEMY
    enemyTeam TEAM_PLAYER
    class CLASS_STORMTROOPER
    health 80
    yawSpeed 110
    walkSpeed 55
    runSpeed 200
    snd stofficer2
    sndcombat stofficer2
    sndextra stofficer2
    dismemberProbHead 100
    dismemberProbArms 100
    dismemberProbHands 100
    dismemberProbLegs 100
    dismemberProbWaist 100
    }
    STCommander
    {
    playerModel stormtrooper
    customSkin default_field-red
    crouchheight 38
    headPitchRangeDown 30
    weapon WP_REPEATER
    rank commander
    aggression 5
    aim 5
    evasion 5
    intelligence 5
    move 5
    reactions 5
    playerTeam TEAM_ENEMY
    enemyTeam TEAM_PLAYER
    class CLASS_STORMTROOPER
    health 80
    yawSpeed 110
    walkSpeed 55
    runSpeed 200
    snd stofficer2
    sndcombat stofficer2
    sndextra stofficer2
    dismemberProbHead 100
    dismemberProbArms 100
    dismemberProbHands 100
    dismemberProbLegs 100
    dismemberProbWaist 100
    }

STOfficer
    {
    playerModel stormtrooper
    customSkin default_field-orange
    crouchheight 38
    headPitchRangeDown 30
    weapon WP_FLECHETTE
    rank lt
    aggression 5
    aim 5
    evasion 5
    intelligence 5
    move 5
    reactions 5
    playerTeam TEAM_ENEMY
    enemyTeam TEAM_PLAYER
    class CLASS_STORMTROOPER
    health 80
    walkSpeed 55
    runSpeed 200
    snd stofficer1
    sndcombat stofficer1
    sndextra stofficer1
    dismemberProbArms 10
    dismemberProbHands 20
    }

STOfficerAlt
    {
    playerModel stormtrooper
    customSkin default_yellow
    weapon WP_ROCKET_LAUNCHER
    health 80
    headPitchRangeDown 30
    reactions 5
    aim 5
    move 5
    aggression 5
    evasion 5
    intelligence 5
    rank crewman
    playerTeam TEAM_ENEMY
    enemyTeam TEAM_PLAYER
    // race klingon
    class CLASS_STORMTROOPER
    crouchheight 38
    walkSpeed 51
    runSpeed 200
    snd st3
    sndcombat st3
    sndextra st3
    yawspeed 100
    walkSpeed 55
    runSpeed 200
    dismemberProbHead 100
    dismemberProbArms 100
    dismemberProbLegs 100
    dismemberProbHands 100
    dismemberProbWaist 100
    }

I'm including the new Sandtrooper reskin with NPCs and Field Trooper skins in this mod, so HapSlash, may I have permission to use your Stormtrooper, Sandtrooper, and E-11 Blaster Rifle models in this mod? Full credit given.

Originally posted by TK-8252

Putting *off in the skin file only makes the surface appear invisible, unless it is sniped, glowing, etc..

That's odd,... I was just told by several of my team mates on the Dark Forces mod that it does remove the model parts like the surf files do for JO.

HapSlash, may I have permission to use your Stormtrooper, Sandtrooper, and E-11 Blaster Rifle models in this mod?

I would rather not have any JA conversion mods released for the JO version of the model, especially considering how close the JA trooper is to being finished.

Originally posted by TK-8252

I'm including the new Sandtrooper reskin with NPCs and Field Trooper skins in this mod, so HapSlash, may I have permission to use your Stormtrooper, Sandtrooper, and E-11 Blaster Rifle models in this mod? Full credit given. [/b]

So am I to understand that you want to take his models from two releases, their textures, and one of his custom weapons......

Then add a Very small texture change to the sand trooper, possibly a recolored shoulder texture, throw in some skin and npc files, then slap your name on it for the mod sites and stick his name in a readme? That, and you ask permission within 2 to 3 days from his JO release.

I don't mean to sound offensive, but I do have a problem with this. I can understand if you wanted to release a mod as an addition to his. You could just throw the texture or two, then the skin and npc files into a pk3, then give him credit in the readme for the original textures.

Then people can download Hap's, then your file if they really want. Your pk3 would override the texture(s), and add the skins and such. Also people who already have it don't have to download a big file, and Hap doesn't have someone taking his months of work and slapping it in their own file which includes maybe a day's worth of work.

That, and I've said a few times now that the JA version is essentially done except for tweaks. I'd suggest waiting for it, as it should just be a matter of days.

Originally posted by HapSlash

I would rather not have any JA conversion mods released for the JO version of the model, especially considering how close the JA trooper is to being finished.

Okay, I'll just keep the mod to myself for a while until you can get that Jedi Academy version.

Originally posted by ronbrothers

TK-8252, your work looks great.

It's just a recolored pauldron and a small Sandtrooper fix... what's so great about it?

Originally posted by CaladienJedi

Yea, hap, it does. If it didnt Then why would raven use *off in the custom carectors :p.

Hmm... I'll have to look into this further.

Originally posted by Infinity Blade

Then add a Very small texture change to the sand trooper, possibly a recolored shoulder texture, throw in some skin and npc files, then slap your name on it for the mod sites and stick his name in a readme? That, and you ask permission within 2 to 3 days from his JO release.

Absolutely not. These new Field Troopers and Sandtrooper fix would be only a small part of this huge mod I'm making for Jedi Academy, over 40 MB in size and growing. The mod I've made includes dozens of my own skins, tons of new and fixed NPCs, sound fixes in multiplayer and single player, new blaster effects, and some other things as well.

Originally posted by Infinity Blade

I don't mean to sound offensive, but I do have a problem with this. I can understand if you wanted to release a mod as an addition to his. You could just throw the texture or two, then the skin and npc files into a pk3, then give him credit in the readme for the original textures.

Then people can download Hap's, then your file if they really want. Your pk3 would override the texture(s), and add the skins and such. Also people who already have it don't have to download a big file, and Hap doesn't have someone taking his months of work and slapping it in their own file which includes maybe a day's worth of work.

It's much easier for the downloader to get everything needed in one download, rather than having to download all the models seperatly. It would be pretty hard to gather all the Field Trooper parts too without the entire model to work with.

Archived