Home

Revan & Malak

Tesla

I don't fully understand how Revan & Malak were corrupted....

I rushed through the game mostly, so i missed a ton of dialogue which probarly explained it all.

So anyone who knows why & how they turned to the darkside, please tell me !! XD

they never blame anything specifically. evn though they eluded to it being something that had corrupted them the entire game, it is merely implied by the end that they fell the same way any others did, from the desire for power. the star forge itself was an instrument that was supposed to be fuled by and residing in the powers of the darkisde, so it is arguable that this may have been what corrupted them. BUT had they not been seeking it out in the first place, then it could not have corrupted them. and they would not have been seeking it out in secret had they not already been on that path.

Originally posted by eidospsogos

yeah, but you can't put all the blame on revan, merely because it was his idea. malak followed of his own free will. and not only that, he killed revan to assume his role of leadership. sounds like a drak thing to do to a close friend. :)

Actually, it sounds like a Sith thing to do, which makes sense ;) And yeah, their victory over the Mandolorians made them want more power. I believe that during their search for the star forge, they already were evillll...

as you learn, Revan was one of the best strategic minds in the galaxy, a leader, a warrior and responsible for stopping the mandalorians.

The intrigue of the Starforge, the knowledge and the power would for most be too powerful to resist, and if the starforge itself was so comsumed by dark energy, then this could have been the final stone in the path to the darkside.

Especially seeing Revan proimised the Keepers to help them destroy the forge, we dont actually know if he lied or not, but may have got to the forge and then been taken over by the overwhelming power, that transformed him to follow the dark path and conquer the galaxy.

Malak mentions how he can feel the darkside power in the ruins on dantooine, but doesnt say that his is a good thing and actually warns Revan about going against the Jedi when entering.

Revan being so powerful, may believed he was not going to lose that control.

well, were he not already on the dark path, i am pretty sure he wouldn't have been all dressed up in full sith gear on dantooine.

and though malak did not say whether the dark power emanating from the ruins was good or bad, the way he said it implied that he enjoyed the feel of that dark power.

and considering that no one else seemed to even know what the star forge was, then there would be very little reason for revan to be searching for it in order to destroy it. it is much more likely that he was searching for it in order to use it.

after all, it mentioned what a great strategist he was, and how great his tactics were in war. maybe the ENTIRE reason he went to war was to further his own goal of taking control of the universe. yes he may have defeated the mandalorians, but in doing so, he left many wordls completely ravaged and defenseless, and cost the republic many soldiers and ships. and left the entire universe with a feeling of security. and then he returned while everyone was in this state and caught them all off guard by attacking them in their most weakened and vulnerable condition.

for all we know he became a jedi merely to become more powerful, and this has been a strategy to gain power from the beginning.

after all, though they are called paragons of the ideals of the order, you can lie right to the counsel's face and they never seem to catch on.

i would hope that what you say could be true. but it is really much more likely that by the time of the mandalorian war(and one could speculate that the dantooine flashback could have been from before the mandalorian war, and that they decided to go to war only as a means of being able to seek out more knowledge of the star forge) or shortly thereafter, or at least by the time that they had begun to search for the star forge, that they had already been dwon the dark path for some time. most people would not seek out an instrument pretty much unknown to the universe in order to destroy it. if no one knows about it, there's no real need to destroy it.

your scenario is possible. but i think it more likely that they were out to use it's power for themselves.

and yes it was a sith thing to do, to kill your master and friend, and thus a dark thing to do as well. that was my point. i didn't want anyone saddling revan with the responsibility for malak's choices, when he made quite afew dark/sith choices completely on his own.

I was asuming the Ruins on Dantooine were the first visited parts of the starmap and may have been simply out of interest, in the seek of knowledge. Though that is a large maybe. If that had been the case, he may not have known about the power within as it had not been discovered yet.

Pretty much a case of 'we've discovered some ruins, you must stay away from them' and like many Jedi, found it too temping and had to see for himself. Juhani, Bastilla, Jolee had all defied the council in some way been tempted down the "darkpath"

Yes Revan could of played the Jedi from the begining, much like you see Senator Palpatine do in SW eps 1&2. We could also get into the "destiny" side of things as many a story takes.

Was it a sith outfit they were wearing, or simply Revans own robes, not sith robes as such, after all they were very different to standard Sith outfits. Yes they were black, but does this mean a Jedi cant wear black? What about Luke in Retun of the Jedi.

Originally posted by Anach

When they make it.

IF they make it...

I for one, doesnt hope they do it. I mean, come on ppl. whos gonna play Luke, Leia and Han? They're all too old to play any of their original roles, so obviously they will have to make something else. Also the new movies are so badly done, that I really dont want to to see another 3 movies screwed. The OT was so nicely done, and had a real feel to them. That is something the prequals lack, because of too much CGI.... I might get trashed for saying this, but I am entitled to my oppinion.

I do not hope they make anymore SW movies after EPIII.

-Clemme

Originally posted by eidospsogos

uhmmm.....i said after ROTJ. post trilogy. expanded universe. luke falls to the darkside, in the star wars history set up after the movies.

Yeah, but there are a thousand stories from after the movies that aren't "canon" as they call it, in other words, they don't mean sh*t to the story that George Lucas made...

Oh, and if GL is stepping back to let another guy direct Ep 7-8-9, then I'd like to see it, but Lucas has sort of lost it with all the CGI. Maybe Quentin Tarantino?:p

well considering Lucas sold rights to these people to write their stories, and their plotlines, and timelines had to be approved by lucas before they could be constructed, i would consider them as much canon as anything else. all of the jedi knight series plotlines revolve around this non-canon timeline, and no one complained about them. i was merely pointing out, that a jedi wearing all black is rare unless that jedi either has already fallen to the darkside or eventually will. luke's darkside inclinations were strongly hinted at in the movies, and they followed that up in the EU. yes, he eventually turns back. how could he not. but to say that something that had lucas's approval should mean nothing is silly.

Well, he may "approve" but it's not really his story anymore. Such an exemple is how Boba Fett is alive in the EU and Lucas openly said that in his mind, Boba is dead.

Luke wearing black is a good example. Besides, you can wear black in the game and not fall to the dark side. Dark Jedi Robes aren't side restricted.

Yes i feel picking to wear white over black or any other colour doesnt change your alliance in anyway.

Fett is only still alive, cause he got a cult following and thats what fans wanted.

He was nothing more than a background character in ROTJ

spoilers

Revan and Malak are corrupter durring the mandalorian war, presumably beacuse of the hard choices they had(chose) to make in order to win. We know Revan was good before the war since on the way to the front Revan saves juhani from slavery. I would guess the vision on dantooie happens just after the war, they've been corrupted and are looking for whatever obviously ridiculously powerful(the maps themselves are silly powerful dark force artifacts) dark force artifact the maps were leading them to and then they disapear. You know he's corrupted before he finds the starforge because the computer on the wookie homeworld has been reprogramed with his thought patterns which are compleatly evil, and also sheds light on how he may have been corrupted by telling you how he thought; sacraficeing planet to trick the enemy etc, I think canderous says something to this effect too.

Black equals evil/corrupted is the starwars universe, by the time luke is sporting his black suit he's already corrupted, he even force chokes a gammorean in jabba's palace! Revan's robes could be seen as a continuity error as when you get them later in the game they say they are made by the star forge but he has them on in the visions before he found the star forge, though you can get around this by saying he had a star forge version of his original robes made for him after he found it.

Originally posted by Anach

Be interesting to see if this does happen to Luke in Episode 7. When they make it.

They guy who plays chewbacca in ep3 has signed a contract for ep3 and another 3 movies, if you didnt know. (which im sure everyone did)

C'Mon...not this again...and you're an fellow aussie too.....

Firstly, this tripe was discussed at the swamp....

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=121371

where I feel obliged, to once again, for the sake of truth :

I cant believe this has turned into those "I heard they are making Ep 7, 8 and 9 threads." Sheesh After waging countless wars on this very topic on theforce.net forums, here we are in the much more 'sane'(I thought until now) lucasforums, and ppl are rabitting on about the same crap.

*Peter Mayhew said, WTF does that matter. He plays a guy in a suit, he doesnt even have ONE LINE in any of the films.....It is all up to GEORGE LUCAS...who has EMPHATICALLY stated that he will NOT be doing 7, 8 and 9 EVER. This isnt from what "my friend said he saw it on the net" bullshyte, George Lucas says it himself on the EPI DVD, in an interview with Leonard Malten I nelieve, but has said it in various other sources. This has even been a question on "Ask the Jedi Council" on the official site. GL said NO. Making Ep3, doing the OT DVDs and producing Indy 4 have/will occupy the last 10+ years of his life...he will be in his 60s. Maybe something related to SW may eventaute one day(which I doubt), but say farewell to 7-9... be grateful that SW has a decent EU !

ANYONE who can quote a LEGITIMATE source of DIRECT evidence, about George Lucas corroborating those allegations himself will be awarded the medal not unlike Leia gave to Luke and Han in ANH, personally, by ME !!

**Goes off to start, "I heard Epsidoe 3 will have bullet time, will be directed by Peter Jackson, and Keanu Reaves will play anakins pit droid, and Yoda fights against Aragorn and Mr Smith" thread**

**Dragging fingers across blackboard sound** ...thats how annoyed I get everytime I read such pointless speculation...

MTFBWYA, Bah HUMBUG !

Archived