Home

Bots?

kc0neo

multiplayer, i don't think so. but if your wondering if you can play multiplayer by yourself, single player looks to be exactly the same as multiplayer except with bots. also i don't think this counts, but i think there will be ai controlled special characters that can be unlocked a perform special actions in multiplayer as well as single player.

"The game will have a total of 64 players. The people not controlled by humans become bots."

You sure about that? I never even heard about the 64 players support. Last I heard it was 32 (unfortunetly). Does that mean that if you only have 28 players (which is probably a reasonable guess for the amount of players in an average game), that 36 of the "players" would be bots no matter what?? I really hope (and assume) that that will not be the case.

The game only officially supports 32 players over the internet, but that just means you shouldn't blame them if it doesn't work with more than that. It'll probably be like JKII and JA where you can play with well over the offically supported number of players. BF will officially support 64 players over LAN, though... (this only applies to the PC version...the console versions only support half those numbers)

Also, I would think that you could just set something for the minimum number of players you want, like in JKII and JA, so that if there are less players then the minimum, the game adds bots to fill up the empty spaces. Of course, you'd be able to set the options to whatever you like... (such as no bots, if you prefer)

Archived