Home

A space pirate's life is the life for me....

Katarn07

Milo sat at the controls and half turned to Zofire and her droid R9 and answered the question, "Oh, a few days to get to Orion Theta Starcluster. Probably would be smart to refuel and take a break at the spacestation but sadly the Imps have a presence there. They don't govern it, but it'll be hard not to attract attention. I dunno whether or not we should stop yet. I'll let you know when we get there."

Kate chirped a series of beeps and whistles and awaited her master's response. Milo couldn't help but laugh, "Kate says the odds of us being detected by the Imps are 674 to 1. I'm not too sure I like those odds. What do you think Ekire? Malia?"

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Haven't you heard of odds?" Malia questioned. "Chances are, once the odds are spoken, they will be overthrown. That's why I don't trust them. I'd say we just risk it. If we get caught, we've got enough firepower and speed to get away."

"Awright, we'll dock then."

Milo gave the controls to Kate and turned to everyone, "I suggest you get some rest. Once we leave charted space we'll probably be up all day and night with the repairs we'll be doing on the ship."

Kate whistled and Milo nodded, "Uhuh, I was getting to that, Katie.... Dooru's log spoke of strange spacial anomalies along the bulk of his course so I'm willing to bet that's what took him down. The Gundark is a helluva lot stronger in defenses but she might have some trouble staying together nontheless."

After the journey to Orion Theta, the Gundark docks with the refueling station as did Tepe's shuttle and Otto's Headhunter. Kate was left to keep the ship safe as the rest of them departed into the nearest bar.

Milo looked over the faces of the alien scum whose eyes were glued to them. Milo frowned, "Sithspit. No Imps but I'm willing to bet these guys recognize at least one of us." He turned to Ekire and Malia, "Get outta here as casually as possible. Meet me outside the Gundark and we can dispose of any trash that may be trailing us together. Zofire, Thresh?"

He turned to them, "There's two exits from this bar. I want you each to keep as many people here as possible without force. Just delay them as long as possible buying Malia, Ekire, and I enough time? Got that? Good."

Milo watched Malia and Ekire leave the bar, each using the different exit. Milo watched and saw no one followed. A pair of Grans stared at him still. He decided to make his move and left the door Thresh guarded.

Otto had followed Milo to the bar he saw Ekire and Malia casually leave. Hmm, something's up. He ducked into the shadows and watched Milo pass him by. Once Milo disappeared from sight, Otto headed toward the bar's first enterance where Zofire stood. Hmm, a fellow hunter trying to make something of herself. Looks like we have something in common....

Otto came up to her, "Do you realize that you're travelling with three major bounties each with hefty sums of money on their heads?"

((sorry, Tepe, I overlooked your post. Introduce your character to me. You'll be stuck on my ship after we all leave this spacestation))

Ekire quickly slipped out. He walked around town, keeping his face hidden. He noticed someone following him, quickly rounded the corner of an alley, and waited in a small dark hole in a wall. When the other man rounded the corner, Ekire hit him in the head with the blaster. He then disposed of the unconcious body by putting it at the door of a hospital with a note saying he is delusionus and keeps thinking he's seeing wanted people. With that done he headed for the ship.

Tepe walked on Milo's ship, placing a following device so it would be easier to follow. Then he ran to the door and opened it, seeing Milo and others infront of the ship. "Goddamn it..." Tepe mumbled and ran out from the ship and tried to get away but he tripped on a pipe on the floor and fell down. His hood was no longer on his head. Tepe mumbled something furious and stood up, seeing a blaster pointing his face an inch away. He mumbled something again and took his helmet an put it on his head. "Damn you..." he mumbled and rose his hands.

Milo held both his E-11 and DL-44 in either hand but saw Ekire had the situation well in hand. "Take him onto the Gundark and throw him in the brig. Kate will show you the way; I'll question him later. I'm going to go find Malia. She may be in trouble."

Milo left Ekire and Tepe be to look for Malia.

Otto laughed, "Name's Otto. Like yourself, I'm a hunter trying to make something outta myself. Unlike you, I have the brains to know where to look. You're supposed to hunt your prey, not allow them to tag along with them to some mythological treasure. Can't believe you fell for that, but then again you're just a little girl. Got alot to learn...."

Zofire draws her blaster rifle and points it to Otto's head. "Don't you dare insult me like that. You don't know me. I've killed many crime lords, criminals, even other bounty hunters."

Zofire tries to calm herself down. She continues to speak, "If I wanted to, I can take them out with no problem. If there's no so called treasure, I'll turn them in."

Otto smiled and put his hands up defensively, "OK, OK, don't go nuts on me. Jeez!"

Otto could see Thresh at the other doorway and noticed his hand gripped a blaster. This could get ugly if Zofire decided to attack him right here, "I believe you are very capable.... for your status. You show great potential but if you can't do something as simple as take down a ship with three wanted fugitives who are just beginning to gain your trust, you'll never be an infamous bounty hunter with fortune and glory. I see that's what you want, but I wouldn't trust a group of wanted criminals in helping you their enemy. If I were you, I'd stay with them. Gain Milo's trust and once you got that then and only then make your move. Strike like a waart does a sand fly."

Otto decided to take a step back out of Thresh's line of fire and nodded, "If you decide to take my advice, I'll be following Milo all the time and could help you if necessary. If you decide to trust him and look for this 'fortune' I'll still be behind you all the way but don't expect me to exclude you from my crosshairs...."

With that said, Otto left the bar and disappeared from Zofire's and Thresh's sight.

thresh saw the mans face walked over zofireand told her

"thats the man who attacked milo in the bar do me a fovor and watch my spot for me while i follow him" with that thresh went out the door to see otto walk around a corner. thresh followed him to a spaceport and put a tracking device on his ship. glad that he had not been detected thresh headed to the cantina.

The dart Tepe fired hit Ekire in the shoulder and within in seconds he was down. Kate squeeled and a tazer popped out from her shell and bolts of blue electricity shot out at Tepe. He too fell unconscious in his cell and Kate activated the force field after removing the bounty hunter's gear and placing them in a locker nearby.

Kate dragged Ekire carefully to the sick bay of the ship and sent a signal out to Milo to get back to the ship.

Milo felt the droid caller in his pocket begin to vibrate as it beeped to the tune of Drive Me Mad. He took it out and thumbed it, "Katie? I'm looking for Malia; she may be in alot of trouble. Can this wait?"

Kate squeeled a deafening pitched whistle and Milo shouted back, "OK, OK, OK! I'll be right there!"

After replacing the caller, he saw Thresh heading his way. Milo frowned to himself and yelled, "What the hell are you doing here? I told you to wait at the bar!"

Otto stood in the ship bay and ran his hand along the belly of a small cargo hauler. Carbon scoring adorned the gray hull but other than the few burns and scratches, it looked like a pretty nice ship. I'll need the cargo space for the bounties. If the girl decides to help, she can help pilot the ship.

He glanced around and saw an Imperial officer run by. He waved him over and smiled, "Nice ship you've got here."

The officer nodded, "It gets the job done. She replaced my last hauler I had before it got torn to peices out in the unknown space in Sector G:12. I'd love to get her back...."

Otto nodded, "Uhuh. Well, I do have a proposal for you."

"What kind?"

"A trade. See that Z-95 over there?" Otto pointed and continued once the officer saw it, "It's hot, but it's worth well over twice the resale value of this hauler you got here. What do you say?"

The officer rubbed his chin and narrowed his eyes, "Takes guts confessing theft of a space craft to an Imperial. You do realize I could arrest you, don't you?"

Otto laughed, "Would you? You're out in the middle of nowhere and some guy comes up to you with an offer like this and you follow some Imperial code over it? I'm no fool. Do we have a deal?"

The officer nodded, "Deal."

Zofire stands at her post for a while and thinks about what Otto said. "He's right. My reputation will not look good if people know that I helped 3 of my bounties." Zofire then waits for Milo or anyone else aboard the Gundark to contact her.

R9 goes over to her post and beeps. "We'll get off this place as soon as I get a signal, R9" R9 hums and whistles in reply.

Zofire holsters her blaster rifle and gets her hand on it just in case anything happens.

While Kate awaited her master's arrival, she decided to forage through a medicine chest and produced a vial of anti-venom. Loading her siringe without Milo's help proved difficult, but she managed. The tip of the needle hit Ekire's arm and Kate pulled it out slowly after all of the blue liquid had entered his blood stream.

Ekire slowly came to. Although concious, Tepe's drug still had a hold on many of his muscles which hurt to move.

Tepe had opened his eye's but didn't move. He tried to move his finger but every time he moved, the pain hurt him like hell. Tepe just looked around because he had trained to control the pain's in his head so it wouldn't be too painful. If I would be fast enought, I could grap that anti-venom needle and get myself free without getting a hell-like pain Tepe thought but when he tried it, he just hurt himself more. Do Tepe waited for everyone get back to the ship

((Get back to the ship goddamnit!! :p ))

((No, joke is right. But a tazer blast would not knock you out forever so stay awake so you and joke can talk or whatever while the rest of us get back to the ship ;)))

Kate shook her dome and rolled back to the cell which held Tepe. Tepe had come to but it was clear he was in alot of pain. The forcefield was holding him and there was no way he could get out of it.

Archived