Home

Best David Fincher Film?

The Cheat

What is the best David Fincher film?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best David Fincher film?

• Alien3
    • Se7en
    • The Game
    • Fight Club
    • Panic Room

David Fincher, in my opinion he is one of the best new directors out there. From Alien3 to Se7en to The Game to Fight Club and his most recent film Panic Room. Here is a quick summary of each film.

Alien3:

After escaping from the alien planet, the ship carrying Ellen Ripley crashes onto a remote and inhabited ore refinery. While living in the ore refinery until she is rescued by her employers, Ripley discovers the horrifying reason for her crash: An alien stowaway. As the alien matures and begins to kill off the inhabitants, Ripley is unaware that her true enemy is more than just the killer alien.

Se7en:

A film about two homicide detectives' desperate hunt for a serial killer who justifies his crimes as absolution for the world's ignorance of the Seven Deadly Sins. The movie takes us from the tortured remains of one victim to the next as the sociopathic "John Doe" sermonizes to Detectives Sommerset and Mills -- one sin at a time. The sin of Gluttony comes first and the murderer's terrible capacity is graphically demonstrated in the dark and subdued tones characteristic of film noir. The seasoned and cultured Sommerset researches the Seven Deadly Sins in an effort to understand the killer's modus operandi while green Detective Mills scoffs at his efforts to get inside the mind of a killer...

The Game:

Nicholas Van Orton is a very wealthy San Francisco banker, but he is an absolute loner, even spending his birthday alone. In the year of his 48th birthday (the age his father committed suicide) his brother Conrad, who has gone long ago and surrendered to addictions of all kinds, suddenly returns and gives Nicholas a card giving him entry to unusual entertainment provided by something called Consumer Recreation Services (CRS). Giving up to curiosity, Nicholas visits CRS and all kinds of weird and bad things start to happen to him.

Fight Club:

You're young. You have an easy, well-paid deskjob. You have a condo, Swedish furniture, artistic coffee tables and a fridge full of condiments. Yet you feel emotionally and spiritually empty. You eventually find comfort in going to support groups for lukemia and cancer victims when there's nothing wrong with you until they're hijacked from you by another faker. Then you meet Tyler Durden, a man that shows you that not only can you live without material needs but that self-destruction, the collapse of society and making dynamite from soap might not be such a bad idea either.

Panic Room:

This story centers around a divorced woman in her 30's and her daughter, who are caught up in a cat-and-mouse game inside their new New York brownstone when three burglars come looking for a hidden cache of cash. Mother and daughter hide in the "panic room," a secret room designed for just such a purpose, but still end up fighting for their lives...

my favorite would have to be The Game. it is just so imaginative with so many twist that it is essential to pay attention to the entire film. michael douglas once again plays the rich man he is so good at being. great plot, like all of fincher's other works but it just stands out to me

I really want to see "The Game" - I've seen all the others, and though it's hard to make a choice, I would have to say Fight Club.

The film works on so many different levels, and has so much in it, it's unreal. A superb story, underpinned by a gritty social commentary make it one of the best films made in a long, long time. Top film ;)

Scores are level o.o

Personally I'd have to say Fight Club. I just thought it was so well put together, I love the complexity of the story structure and the massive twist at the end. The characters are great, Ed Norton is one of my favourite actors, and Brad Pitt didn't do too bad a job either. Engrossing, hilarious and very confusing.

Alien 3 was definitely not as good as it's predecessors. Panic Room was good, but I thought it was gonna be kinda supernatural from the trailer, but it ended up being a pretty ordinary story. Was never interested in seeing The Game, and I am yet to watch Se7en fully, as it's supposed to be good.

Oh god, Alien 3, Se7en or Fight Club. Now that's a hard choice! I'm a huge fan of all of the Alien films, Se7en had such an excellent storyline and Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman were just brilliant and Fight Club is an excellent film too.

Hmmm...

I'm going to say Alien 3.

Originally posted by DarkLord60

Alien 3 since I love them all except first one

never heard anyone say that before. Accepted wisdom is that the first two are classics and 3&4 suck.

I actually thought 3 was not bad (if ruined by the producers and bad sfx). But fight club and seven are all time classics.

seven wins though. I remember walking out of the cinema after that film and the whole audience was in a state of shock, never seen anything like it. they only started talking once they got outside.

Originally posted by leXX

Oh god, Alien 3, Se7en or Fight Club. Now that's a hard choice! I'm a huge fan of all of the Alien films, Se7en had such an excellent storyline and Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman were just brilliant and Fight Club is an excellent film too.

Hmmm...

I'm going to say Alien 3.

How come almost no one considers The Game? Awesome movie.

Originally posted by toms

never heard anyone say that before. Accepted wisdom is that the first two are classics and 3&4 suck.

I actually thought 3 was not bad (if ruined by the producers and bad sfx). But fight club and seven are all time classics.

seven wins though. I remember walking out of the cinema after that film and the whole audience was in a state of shock, never seen anything like it. they only started talking once they got outside.

I meant to say I hate the fourth one

Originally posted by leXX

This is coming from a guy with Astro in his name posting in a Star Wars forum! :p;)

I was called astrotoy by my partner a long time ago, it was a shortening of Astrotoy-boy, as I love the astroboy series, and for some reason she likes calling me her toy boy ;P The seven is just in there for luck...

and yes only in such a forum perhaps would you find ppl saying A3 is better than those other 2 cinematic uniquities(namely seven and fight club).....

MTFBWYA

Archived