Home

wow, suckage...

IG-64

Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak

Health conditions shouldn't matter period. It's just a tactic they use to get out of their punishment.

They may have not "chose" to be "retarded," but they "chose" to commit the crime.

First, I am shocked and disgusted at this crime. I wouldn't wish it on my worse enemy(rape and such). I would like a bat and a few minutes with our prize-package here...

...but eneogh of that. Whats happened has happened, and his punishment is out of our hands.

Phreak is right, however. Sometimes its true, but its no excuse.

Its sounds very Darwinistic...

...but if someone is homocidal/pediphile/suicidal, something has to be done to protect ourselves.(well, suicidal, we protect them from themselves)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by IG-64

Well, then, what if he wasn't mentally ill and he was just weak and gave into his wrath in a selfish act to kill an innocent child and then was given "proper treatment" and was praised for his ruthless act?

Anyone who murders another person on "purpose" is acting outside of sanity and thus can be classified as mentally ill, in some way or another.

And if he is mentally ill then it seems he is so i'll enough to not be thinking about any of his actions therefore he has no chance in life and should be stopped before he hurts another soul.

I'm not sure that you realise what you are saying here. Unless I am very wrong, you say that because he is so ill, he deserves to die - myself, I think that being seriously ill is only a reason for needing more help, and he should not be killed for something that is none of his fault and that he is unable to do anything with.

and should be stopped before he hurts another soul

You have my opinions totally mistaken if you believe I simply want the court to say "You are seriously mentally ill, so you can go home now as a free man". People who are unable to function in society should not be released back to it untill they have regained that function.

Basically, you have three choices about this man. You can put him in prison for 10-20 years, but then he will likely be even more dangerous and mental when you let him out again. Or you can put him in for life or deal with him with death penalty, but both of those kills an innocent life and are cruel and injustful. Or you can choose to give aid to the man in form of putting him into some clinic, in hope that he will one day be able to get back to society as a normal man, and he will not be released before that.

So all in all, you can either let a seriously dangerous man free in society after a certain amount of years, or you can take an innocent life, or you can make an attempt on "rescuing" this man and killing or harming no one for the best of all. I favor the last.

Health conditions shouldn't matter period. It's just a tactic they use to get out of their punishment.

As I said earlier, all criminals are mentally ill in some way or another. The idea of punishment for crimes is a horrible flawed one, and it mostly does not work (most criminals are in prison several times, but they don't get any less criminal, do they?). But as I have said too many times already, criminals should not be let free even though they have a poor mental condition.

They may have not "chose" to be "retarded," but they "chose" to commit the crime.

Since the crime is a direct consequense of them having mental issues ("retarded" is not a good word, many mentally ill people are intelligent), I fail to see how you come by the conclusion that they choose to commit the crime when they do not choose to have mental issues.

First, I am shocked and disgusted at this crime. I wouldn't wish it on my worse enemy(rape and such). I would like a bat and a few minutes with our prize-package here...

Two wrongs does not make one right, period.

Its sounds very Darwinistic...

...but if someone is homocidal/pediphile/suicidal, something has to be done to protect ourselves.(well, suicidal, we protect them from themselves)

Inprisonment is a poor way of doing this, death penalty is brutal and injustful and takes a life, but at a clinic this person will not go free until mentally normal again. The third choice is the safest way of protecting themselves and others from mental illness.

Or you can put him in for life or deal with him with death penalty, but both of those kills an innocent life and are cruel and injustful.

I fail to see how a murderer, rapist, ect is innocent.

I still believe in death penalty. It may not be "right," but I prefer it over babying criminals in their "prisons."

Damn, it is a sick world that we live in. Yes he MUST be punished by being sent to prison. None of this 'he's got a mental disorder', or some crap like that. That doesn't make him innocent, this is a young little girl who had her whole life ahead of her that was taken away by this crazy guy. Lifetime is prison suits it.

What I was reffering to was that after doing something like that I don't think he'll ever "regain function"

besides, not everything is a mental illness, if you cry or beat the table when your mad, it's not a mental illness, there is a thing called wrath, you know. Some people just give in to thier weakness, and it's not always 'cause their brains are broken.

Originally posted by Breton

I can agree that if they are a danger to others, they should be kept out of harm until they are capable of living in society once again....

I highly doubt prison would be effective to "cure" mentally ill persons. However, just throwing them back away from prison is not a good idea, mentally ill persons should recieve proper treatment so that they will be capable of functioning in society. Prison doesn't do this, so you'll have to look at other methods (and no, hanging is not a good idea either).

Keep in mind that all criminals are mentally ill in one way or another. Well, we all are, actually. Sort of.

Sorry man, but I completely disagree with you. You're under the impression that everyone that goes to jail is there because they're mentally ill, and that they're there to be corrected so they can be put back in society.

People who kill, maim, and rape innocent people, and in this case children, deserve death. I don't care if the guy can be "cured" or not - if he's sick enough to take a human life in a cruel and inhumane way, then I want him dead.

My thoughts are out for the family of the girl. And may God have mercy on that sunuvabitch, because I know we sure as hell won't.

Anyone who murders another person on "purpose" is acting outside of sanity and thus can be classified as mentally ill, in some way or another.

Rubbish. If that were the case, every murderer out that would be using that as an excuse and there would be no prisons, just half a world of mental hospitals.

I'm not sure that you realise what you are saying here. Unless I am very wrong, you say that because he is so ill, he deserves to die - myself, I think that being seriously ill is only a reason for needing more help, and he should not be killed for something that is none of his fault and that he is unable to do anything with.

None of his fault? He raped and murdered a young girl. Who's fault is it, ours? We are all responsible for our own actions and should be held accountable for them. If such actions were without concequence (such as a life term in prison or the death penalty), then what would this world be like? I shudder to think.

but both of those kills an innocent life and are cruel and injustful.

What about this young girls "innocent life" which he chose to take? Hmmmm? He should either have his bollocks cut off or he should fry, full stop.

So all in all, you can either let a seriously dangerous man free in society after a certain amount of years, or you can take an innocent life, or you can make an attempt on "rescuing" this man and killing or harming no one for the best of all. I favor the last.

Lets see. I think I'll pick... FRY.

As I said earlier, all criminals are mentally ill in some way or another.

Untrue. Some are, some aren't. You simply cannot generalize like that. Don't confuse mentally ill with evil.

The idea of punishment for crimes is a horrible flawed one, and it mostly does not work (most criminals are in prison several times, but they don't get any less criminal, do they?). But as I have said too many times already, criminals should not be let free even though they have a poor mental condition.

So you are suggesting that everyone who commits a crime needs to see a shrink instead of going to prison. That is beyond laughable.

Who is saying the abductor in this case was mentally ill? And what mental illness causes you to abduct and kill young girls?

if that person is sick with OCD, you'd want to perform brutal inhuman punishments upon him.

Having had a father with OCD, I can safely say I have no idea how that was connected with reality. o_O

Oh, and I'd just like to add that I have two young daughters, and if anything like this happened to one of them, I would personally seek the MF out and without hesitation cut his dick off. And no, I'm not just saying it, I mean it. Would that make me mentally ill? I don't think so.

Originally posted by leXX

Oh, and I'd just like to add that I have two young daughters, and if anything like this happened to one of them, I would personally seek the MF out and without hesitation cut his dick off. And no, I'm not just saying it, I mean it. Would that make me mentally ill? I don't think so.

"in the bedroom, the mighty bedroom, the husband sleeps tight"

*1 minute later*

" A weiner chop! A weiner Chop! A weiner chop!"

I'm so sorry, i just couldn't resist. ^_^

I agree with Jed on this. Seems like you are alone on this one Brenton.....

i'm with Jed on this too. A girl with her whole life ahead of her taken away cos of this b@$+@rd.

Originally posted by LeXX

I agree with what you said about the criminal bit. Mind you, there ARE some criminals that have mental disabilities but most of them are those immoral pr!cks. But you say that every criminal has a mental disorder. If every criminal is a criminal because of there mental disability, then you can count everyone here (99.99%) a criminal for things like vandalism, stealing, speeding, not putting a dog on a leash, not reporting bank transaction errors in your favour, riding your bike on the footpath. Therefore we here are all criminals with mental disorders. So ridiculous that I'm laughing at it right now!

Originally posted by ZBomber

"in the bedroom, the mighty bedroom, the husband sleeps tight"

*1 minute later*

" A weiner chop! A weiner Chop! A weiner chop!"

I'm so sorry, i just couldn't resist. ^_^

don't laugh, don't laugh, do--- :Prplgh::lol::rofl:

Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak

I fail to see how a murderer, rapist, ect is innocent.

All your actions are decided not by you, but by how your brain works, how you were raised and what's happening around you. Neither of these three things do you have any control of. That's why I say criminals are "innocent", because they have no control what-so-ever over what they do, as their actions are preceeded by factors they have zero choice over.

I still believe in death penalty. It may not be "right," but I prefer it over babying criminals in their "prisons."

Killing people because they have solvable problems? In that case, kill everyone who gets below C at school. Killing people because they are ill? In that case, kill all patients at hospitals. Two wrongs does not make one right, honestly.

Originally posted by Jedi Luke

Damn, it is a sick world that we live in. Yes he MUST be punished by being sent to prison. None of this 'he's got a mental disorder', or some crap like that. That doesn't make him innocent, this is a young little girl who had her whole life ahead of her that was taken away by this crazy guy. Lifetime is prison suits it.

Problem is, the entire reason for why you want to send him to prison is as revenge. You seem to believe that everything will be fine if you ruin two lifes rather than one. This is, however, very untrue. One life is already gone, and there's nothing to do about it. The question is, would you want to get another life gone?

]Originally posted by IG-64

What I was reffering to was that after doing something like that I don't think he'll ever "regain function"

I would say it's well possible he will regain function if provided sufficent care. And if he don't, well, then we try further, no one will let this guy back to society when still dangerous.

besides, not everything is a mental illness, if you cry or beat the table when your mad, it's not a mental illness, there is a thing called wrath, you know. Some people just give in to thier weakness, and it's not always 'cause their brains are broken.

Pretty much all of you keep the border for mental illnesses way too high. Despite the popular belief, having mental disorders does not mean being psycho. If you are unable to function in society (i.e. being criminal), then that's a mental disorder in itself. Not being able to deal with your anger is also a mental disorder. So all criminals are mentally ill, as I said.

Originally posted by Jed

Sorry man, but I completely disagree with you. You're under the impression that everyone that goes to jail is there because they're mentally ill, and that they're there to be corrected so they can be put back in society.

And this impression is false? Why? And BTW, prison can't correct very many minds, it's a bad way of punishment as the criminals often get worse during their time locked away from society.

People who kill, maim, and rape innocent people, and in this case children, deserve death. I don't care if the guy can be "cured" or not - if he's sick enough to take a human life in a cruel and inhumane way, then I want him dead.

Just as Jedi Luke, your only argument for wanting him dead is as revenge. I hate to repeat myself, but revenge only makes it twice as bad. Why take another life? You won't bring back the little girl by killing someone, in case you didn't know.

My thoughts are out for the family of the girl. And may God have mercy on that sunuvabitch, because I know we sure as hell won't.

Yeah, I'm sure the girl's family will get so much happier if you kill another innocent.

Rubbish. If that were the case, every murderer out that would be using that as an excuse and there would be no prisons, just half a world of mental hospitals.

My point all along is that mental disorder among criminals is not an excuse, it's a fact. And why is the idea of no prisons and only special clinics so repulsive to you? Making criminals be able to understand their actions and thus be able to function in society is a much better alternative than locking them up and throwing away the key.

None of his fault? He raped and murdered a young girl. Who's fault is it, ours? We are all responsible for our own actions and should be held accountable for them. If such actions were without concequence (such as a life term in prison or the death penalty), then what would this world be like? I shudder to think.

It's nobody's fault. It simply happened, and I for one, unlike certain others, am not going to try to find a scapegoat to put the blame on. And you are wrong if you believe my opinion is that such actions should be without consequence, I simply believe that these consequences should be to discover why this happened, and then attempt to solve the problem when you've found it. This is an opinion that is not based on emotions of hatred and despise, nor pity and love for eveyone, but rather by what's the best for all.

What about this young girls "innocent life" which he chose to take? Hmmmm? He should either have his bollocks cut off or he should fry, full stop.

The girl's innocent life taken away was a pity, but it's already happened and that's it. Being unnecissary brutal and inhuman won't solve anything, it won't bring anyone's life back.

Lets see. I think I'll pick... FRY.

Then you choose vengeance above understanding. Sad. :(

Untrue. Some are, some aren't. You simply cannot generalize like that. Don't confuse mentally ill with evil.

Read what I said to IG-64. And the idea of evil is a religious one, and as this is not a religious discussion, I have no plans on discussing this. Suffice to say, I don't believe in it, and neither should you.

So you are suggesting that everyone who commits a crime needs to see a shrink instead of going to prison. That is beyond laughable.

Why? If you are so sure of it, why don't you provide me with some counter-arguments?

Originally posted by The Cheat

the world is full of sick people. i feel so sorry for the girls unfortunate family. i hope that guy gets a severe punishment for what he has done. its terrible that we are fighting terrorism when we have these sickos in our own country

Just as many others at this forum, you want to punish people for being ill. Isn't that "sick"?

Originally posted by Redwing

Who is saying the abductor in this case was mentally ill? And what mental illness causes you to abduct and kill young girls?

1. Read my response to IG-64

2. I doubt you can point at a single illness and say "That's the one!". However, he is unable to function properly in society as he seems unable to understand his actions, and that's a mentall illness in itself.

Having had a father with OCD, I can safely say I have no idea how that was connected with reality. o_O

Sorry, just a bit of translation problems. But my point remains the same, OCD was just an example of what he might have suffered of (which he didn't (translation problems)).

Giving into anger like that rather than sense and understanding, you'd make a horrible Jedi...and cutting off people's genitals like that does indicate that you would be unable to control yourself when facing a highly emotional situation, so that's a way of mental disorder, I'm afraid. Keep in mind that this was not meant as an insulting remark in any way.

Originally posted by ZBomber

Oh, I'll manage ;)

Originally posted by Jedi Luke

I agree with what you said about the criminal bit. Mind you, there ARE some criminals that have mental disabilities but most of them are those immoral pr!cks. But you say that every criminal has a mental disorder. If every criminal is a criminal because of there mental disability, then you can count everyone here (99.99%) a criminal for things like vandalism, stealing, speeding, not putting a dog on a leash, not reporting bank transaction errors in your favour, riding your bike on the footpath. Therefore we here are all criminals with mental disorders. So ridiculous that I'm laughing at it right now!

Again, I'll have to point at what I responded to IG-64. And yes, we all have a mental disorder in one way or another, but as everyone else here, you seem to believe "mental disorder" means "totally phsyco", something which is not the case. No one are mentally similar, so we all have mental disorders, indeed. It's just that some disorders are worse than others, and needs to be cured for this person to be able to function in society, even though most disorders are of no problem.

Copernicus was laughed at too, anyway.

All your actions are decided not by you, but by how your brain works, how you were raised and what's happening around you. Neither of these three things do you have any control of. That's why I say criminals are "innocent", because they have no control what-so-ever over what they do, as their actions are preceeded by factors they have zero choice over.

What are you on about that we have no control over ourselves?!? :confused: . Us (humans) act on self awareness, not by instinct. That being said, he is AWARE of what he did to this young girl.

Btw, I am therefore innocent for vadilising, stealing, speeding, underage drinking, even when I knew what I was doing. :p

Killing people because they have solvable problems? In that case, kill everyone who gets below C at school. Killing people because they are ill? In that case, kill all patients at hospitals. Two wrongs does not make one right, honestly.

People who get C's at school, patients at hospital do not abuse and take away someone's life. I bet the girl's family are next to a nervous breakdown as for such a terrible loss and to bury their own child. [/b]

Problem is, the entire reason for why you want to send him to prison is as revenge. You seem to believe that everything will be fine if you ruin two lifes rather than one. This is, however, very untrue. One life is already gone, and there's nothing to do about it. The question is, would you want to get another life gone?

Answer: YES!! Would you let this guy walk free because he has a 'mental problem and no control over himself?' More children would fall victim to him. More innocent lives (not him) will be spent.

I would say it's well possible he will regain function if provided sufficent care. And if he don't, well, then we try further, no one will let this guy back to society when still dangerous.

It may be possible but unlikely. You are born the way you are. It's all in the genetic makeup. He cannot deny his natural attractions, therefore is a danger to society, therefore must be secluded from society in some way. To keep others safe.[/b]

Pretty much all of you keep the border for mental illnesses way too high. Despite the popular belief, having mental disorders does not mean being psycho. If you are unable to function in society (i.e. being criminal), then that's a mental disorder in itself. Not being able to deal with your anger is also a mental disorder. So all criminals are mentally ill, as I said.

Well, I'm a mental case then, and I think 99.999999% here are.

And this impression is false? Why? And BTW, prison can't correct very many minds, it's a bad way of punishment as the criminals often get worse during their time locked away from society.

OMG!!! They've KILLED SOMEONE, DESTROYED A FAMILY and you're talking about 'that's too harsh a punishment?!?!?!?!?!?!? No punishment subconciouslly makes people tell themselves that they can do it again and again.

Just as Jedi Luke, your only argument for wanting him dead is as revenge. I hate to repeat myself, but revenge only makes it twice as bad. Why take another life? You won't bring back the little girl by killing someone, in case you didn't know.

No we can't bring the girl back but we can stop the same guy from taking MANY MORE YOUNG GIRLS' LIVES. His death vs 16 other girls: I choose his death.[/b]

Yeah, I'm sure the girl's family will get so much happier if you kill another innocent.

They'll feel happy knowing that the guy who took their own child has been taken care of. They will not sympathise with that guy at all

My point all along is that mental disorder among criminals is not an excuse, it's a fact. And why is the idea of no prisons and only special clinics so repulsive to you? Making criminals be able to understand their actions and thus be able to function in society is a much better alternative than locking them up and throwing away the key.

Making them understand their actions?!? Hahahahahahah :D, don't make me laugh. These guys have ABSOLUTELY NO MORALS OR CONSCIENCE AT ALL!!!! You can't give them one as it's the way they are!!

It's nobody's fault. It simply happened, and I for one, unlike certain others, am not going to try to find a scapegoat to put the blame on. And you are wrong if you believe my opinion is that such actions should be without consequence, I simply believe that these consequences should be to discover why this happened, and then attempt to solve the problem when you've found it. This is an opinion that is not based on emotions of hatred and despise, nor pity and love for eveyone, but rather by what's the best for all.

It doesn't SIMPLY happen. Killing someone isn't something SIMPLE that you wake up and think 'I think I might simply kill someone today'. The fact is that HE KNOWS WHAT HE DID and he must be punished!!

The girl's innocent life taken away was a pity, but it's already happened and that's it. Being unnecissary brutal and inhuman won't solve anything, it won't bring anyone's life back.

That being will result in it happening again and again.

Again, I'll have to point at what I responded to IG-64. And yes, we all have a mental disorder in one way or another, but as everyone else here, you seem to believe "mental disorder" means "totally phsyco", something which is not the case. No one are mentally similar, so we all have mental disorders, indeed. It's just that some disorders are worse than others, and needs to be cured for this person to be able to function in society, even though most disorders are of no problem.

You make it sound so simple to 'cure' someone when it really isn't. The fact is that it CANNOT BE CHANGED, HE CANNOT CHANGE, it's sad, but that's the way he is. He knows what he did and cos he has no conscience or morals, he doesn't give a $h!t. Therefore this guy who took away a little girl's life MUST, I repeat MUST be punished!!!

I... just. Agh. I don't even know what to say. Just.

VOMIT!

What kind of pappy crap have you been fed?

Vengeance isn't the best thing in the world, but by no means will I empathize with him.

Read what I said to IG-64. And the idea of evil is a religious one, and as this is not a religious discussion, I have no plans on discussing this. Suffice to say, I don't believe in it, and neither should you.

Why? If you are so sure of it, why don't you provide me with some counter-arguments?

Just as many others at this forum, you want to punish people for being ill. Isn't that "sick"?

1. Read my response to IG-64

2. I doubt you can point at a single illness and say "That's the one!". However, he is unable to function properly in society as he seems unable to understand his actions, and that's a mentall illness in itself.

Sorry, just a bit of translation problems. But my point remains the same, OCD was just an example of what he might have suffered of (which he didn't (translation problems)).

Giving into anger like that rather than sense and understanding, you'd make a horrible Jedi...and cutting off people's genitals like that does indicate that you would be unable to control yourself when facing a highly emotional situation, so that's a way of mental disorder, I'm afraid. Keep in mind that this was not meant as an insulting remark in any way.

Oh, I'll manage ;)

Copernicus was laughed at too, anyway.

Ok, let me clear this up for you, first of all, who are you to tell me what I should, and should not believe? Secondly, if I get my wallet stolen, and I get mad because of it, it's not because I have a "mental disorder". No matter what you say about it, that is still just an assumption and I do not believe it is true. I'm mad at you right now and the reason for that is that I am a human being and I have emotions, the brain is far more complex than you think, I feel sympathy towards her and wrath towards him, that is a normal emotion and it is not from some twisted ecuation from my childhood. You have the assumption that if a human isn't happy then he is mental and anyone that studies human consciousness or even has just a bit of common sense can tell you that that is wrong. You can sit there and ponder in your own little twisted world but leave me alone about it because I believe in human desision and there is nothing you can say about it, so stfu.

Originally posted by IG-64

Ok, let me clear this up for you, first of all, who are you to tell me what I should, and should not believe? Secondly, if I get my wallet stolen, and I get mad because of it, it's not because I have a "mental disorder". No matter what you say about it, that is still just an assumsion and I do not believe it is true. I'm mad at you right now and the reason for that is that I am a human being and I have emotions, the brain is far more complex than you think, I feel sympathy torwards her and wrath torwards him, that is a normal emotion and it is not from some twisted ecuation from my childhood. You have the assumtion that if a human isn't happy then he is mental and anyone that studies human consiousness or even has just a bit of common scence can tell you that that is wrong. You can sit there and ponder in your own little twisted world but leave me alone about it because I believe in human desision and there is nothing you can say about it, so stfu.

Cheers IG! You tell him! ;)

I would like to thank Breton for turning this into a valid discussion, rather than the redneck lynch mob it was turning into.

To cite the example, "youd want to kill this guy if it was your own daughter/sister" yes, that may be true, grieving for such a tragic loss is a very complex emotional process, of which anger and being powerless(to rectify events) are dominating emotions. The taking of the perpertrators life sates these emotions. If someone close to the girl turned up and killed the man in question, *their* motivations can be understood(and dealt with by a court of law accordingly). I simply think it is unhealthy for an entire society to develop this same mindset. It all comes down to fear in the end, and the fear that a horrific event like this would generate in the broader community. Unfortunately, a community bred on fear is an inherently violent one.

now I am beginning to see what Mike Moore was talking about in "Bowling for Columbine", I am glad I do not live in the US......

Revenge is not Justice.......Justice is not Revenge

rather than getting into a flame fest which would be *completely disrespectful* to the young lady's memory - I will instead dedicate this verse to her. May her soul swim to Heaven quickly

from The Soul's Storm by Emily Dicksinson

I went to heaven

'Twas a small town,

Lit with a Ruby,

Lathed with down.

Stiller than fields

At full dew,

Beautiful as pictures

No man drew.

Archived