Home

are there jedi in this game???

Mr. thifen

Jedi will appear as NPCs. But not just any Jedi, oh no. The special bonuses teams will get for holding planets will involve being able to call in a time-specific jedi (Vader for the Imps in Classic, Obi-Wan for Republic in prequels, although Obi-Wan is just a guess on my part).

This game is trying to focus on the common grunt of the Star Wars universe. That poor defenseless stormtooper, rebel pilot, cursed battle droid, that sort of thing. Giving players the ability to play as jedi would just turn it into JK with vehicles.

I always thought that if a Tribes 2/ Battlefield esque game were ever created that once a player reached a certain amount of kills in a row, without dying that they would be rewarded with jedi or dark jedi status... And after they die go back to normal.

I think something like that would be cool, and give extra incentive to staying alive.

I REALLY dont want there to be playable jedi in this game. It would just ruin the whole point of the game. It's the soldiers. People would have a fit if Jedi din't appear at all, but the present system I think sound like the best thing. If people could play as Jedi, they'd allw ant to be jedi and they'd all start complaining when they weren't the jedi, and he rest of the people would become obsolete. And with a kill count thing, uber gamers would be the only one who would get to be jedi, and they would undoubtedly abuse their power. If someone can get XX kills without dying, they don't need to be a Jedi, and if they are made one, they would be unstopable.

Do the right thing! Just say no to Jedi!

How would that make other characters obsolete??

Heck, they could even have jedi part of the host's option. Some could have servers with no jedi support, others with very lax jedi rules, others with in between. The jedi would certainly revert back to regular status once killed.

The idea that that would alienate anyone but uber games is absurd... Why don't they just add auto-aim, since some people might not have the same aiming skills as others?

More skilled players will always have an advantage... over those less skilled, but that doesn't mean that the less skilled player will always have less kills than the others, or always be losing.

A system that (very) temporarily rewards the player for either lasting so long without dying, capturing the flag, or any other feat would encourage the players to strive for that... But at the same time they STILL have to use the regular soldiers, so it does not make them obsolete at all.

My suggestion won't happen most likely, but there are many ways jedi can be implemented to the player without the game losing the fun factor.

(although the game may well be more fun the way it is... we shall see)

• 3 weeks later...

Light sabers and Force powers are cool and all, but between Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy, and Knights of the Old Republic, there have been more than enough Jedi games lately. Battlefront sounds like a refreshing change of pace.

no, please no more jedi!!!! there in every other game for star wars. Thats why battlefront is diffrent! i dont mind them being npc's, but i think there should be a option to turn jedi npcs on and off. and NO PLAYABLE JEDI! go play jedi academy if u wanna be a jedi

Archived