Home

Broken Sword

Skinkie

I just beat the newest in the series. Anybody else played it? I don't wanna waste the time typing up lots of comments if nobody else will discuss it. I will say though, that I enjoyed it thouroughly. Even the little actions sequences everyone seems to fear.

Yeah, the length was the only real issue I had. I wish the story had gone on a little longer. Also I would have loved to see that touristy-spy couple again, can't think of their names. The ending sequence was awsome, loved the whole thing. Hopefully the game has sold enough to warrant another sequel, of equal or greater awesome osity.

I had the demo first, believe me it doesn't even begin to give the game justice. As for length, I suppose the difficulty of the puzzles could be it, but I started playing BS1 a month before Christmas (in preparation) and it took till the middle of January to complete. That's when I started playing BS3, it took about 3 weeks, and only playing a couple times a week as opposed to every day, so that's how I judge. I haven't played the second one in a couple years, and I don't remember how long it took to beat so, can't use that either.

Well, I bought it, and now I'm stuck (despite the masses of adventures i've played, i am actually stuck,will get through it though, will not revert to a walkthrough)

But so far, it's great. The graphics are very good and easy on the eyes, the charachter movement is very smooth (takes a while to get used to the controls, but then it took me a while on EFMI and grim, and i'm used to it now). The story seems to be taking nice strides and arcing very well, what with the arrest of nico and the death of two supposedly important characters (for those who haven't played it, it's no one we know and it happens fairly early in the game) it seems to be doing well. let's hope it stays as good, if not better than it is.

It's seems to be coming along great. the story's good and seems to tie in with BS1 quite nicely (i.e, they're not just throwing in a load of past characters for no apparent reason, they each seem to have a part to play in the storyline and still follow on from bs1) and the gameplay is easy, but still slightly challenging at times. good work so far. I also like how they actually use historical fact for the story instead of twisting it to make the story better (a movie being made based on the templars has the templars having connections to the US...gits)

Yeah the connections to the first one run really deep. As soon as it baecame apparatn that that was gonna happen I sat down and went through that one before continueing with the latest. It's odd, I'd beaten the second one before, but for some reason had never finished the first.

I started playing the first on my old computer, but it didn't work that well, so I sold it to my friend and played the beginning on his computer but never finished it. then I played BS2 and completed it and then got a new comp and decided to playt eh first again, so I went out and bought it and played it and loved it.

I just completed BS3 last night and I'd have to say, that was one killer ending. the game didn't rely on the action sequences (although, when i replay the ending, I still die all the time, fun though) and the ending is something I'd gladly watch over and over again. the camera movements are brilliant, like in a really good movie and they utilised the 3d engine perfectly.

Brilliant game, i'd suggest everyone play it.

Archived