Home

I need advice....

Crow_Nest

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

drink redbull and it should help (or so i've heard)

or if you're really desperate, the drug that people w/ ADD and ADHD take is supposed to make you focus like no other when you crush it and sniff it. i guess it's the best thing to make you focus as of yet (ATTENTION Deficit Disorder, if you don't need it you can KIND OF pay attention, but if you take it? pay BETTER attention) but like i said, that's only stuff i've heard, i'm not brave/stupid enough to try it, i wouldn't snort anything other than smarties or pixie stix, and those are off of dares, oh and tang, i got payed to do that

Do NOT drink Redbull. That crap's even been recently outlawed in France. It's literally killing people.

Anything like a sugary treat or a pop will help for about twenty minutes but then it's going to make you feel worse.

Jolting your system with a high amount of sugar and caffine will only make you crash moreso. From what you describe, it sounds like you may be a little hypo-glycemic. What you need is protien if that's the case. Get some of those protien bars, I know they aren't that great but they will help bring up your bloodsugar in a real hurry to normal ranges, restoring alertness as well as making you feel all around better.

Try it out. Eat one in the morning, and maybe bring one with you to school to have a few hours later. See if it makes you feel better.

I have a hard time focusing on repetitive things for long periods of time (This includes some or most video games) so you can imagine how hard of time I have in school.

But as long as i'm learning something I like I can sit there for hours, like science, but if i'm learning something in math you can bet i'll be out of focus before the next hour.

Crow, Ive been there. Before seeing a doctor I would suggest talking to your teachers, and/or school counsellor. They can help you develop certain study skills that will affect your conecntration and fatigue. It worked for me. Secondly, DO SOME EXERCISE, this is very important !! And, dont spend extended hours in front of the computer, have breaks every 30mins to hour...otherwise your brain just gets fried, and your eyes tired....

MTFBWYA

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

Crow, Ive been there. Before seeing a doctor I would suggest talking to your teachers, and/or school counsellor. They can help you develop certain study skills that will affect your conecntration and fatigue. It worked for me. Secondly, DO SOME EXERCISE, this is very important !! And, dont spend extended hours in front of the computer, have breaks every 30mins to hour...otherwise your brain just gets fried, and your eyes tired....

MTFBWYA

yes yes thats what they all say.... :rolleyes: But thats what most of us do right?

DO SOME EXERCISE

Is a good start. Apparently, if you get up do some stretches or something for anything between 1-5 minutes it helps.

Also check your FLUID intake - are you drinking enough?

Eat Breakfast - if you have time eat a good breakfast. I've heard that the best way to eat in a day is

Like a King at Breakfast

Like a Prince at Dinner

Like a Pauper at Supper

That's supposed to help you sleep better and more sleep (or at least GOOD sleep) will give you more energy for the day.

Make sure you get some air into your room at night so you don't feel so groggy in the morning.

Vary your tasks so that you don't get bored. If you can go for an hour, good on you, do it. (at school I guess you don't get much choice) but if, when you do homework, you can't concentrate for very long then do short stints of say 20-25 minutes with a 5 minute break AWAY from the desk and then come back to it.

Just a few strategies.

Hmm, maybe I should take my own advice :o

I work graveyard - so I should know all about this stuff

being sleepy etc

You need a good amount of sleep

You need to drink WATER

You need to make sure you EAT

Move around once in awhile

and if this doesn't help

You need to drink some sodas

You can drink "AMP" by Mt. Dew (its great)

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

Do NOT drink Redbull. That crap's even been recently outlawed in France. It's literally killing people.

Rhett, it is only killing people who are drinking it in extreme quantities or mixing it with achohol. Even then, there is no evidence to link the deaths with Red Bull yet, just claims afaik so far. It actually has less caffeine in it than coffee. I saw a special program all about it, and how everyone is exaggerating the situation without all the facts, especially France.

I love Red Bull. I have two cans a day. I certainly don't recommend kids drink it though.

Originally posted by STTCT

Wait - crow where do you live and what time is it where you do...because its 1:30 in the morning here...maybe you should be SLEEPING instead of being on the net...that might help :)

Hey when you posted that, it was around 7PM. Thats everyone's dinner time :p

But i dont think its about sleeping early (i used to sleep like about 12 or even 1am last time), now i sleep like about 9PM or 10PM. Its still the same thing.

Its currently 7.48 in singapore now. :)

Crow, Jedi_Vogel and STTCT have given you great advice. My suggestions about seeing teachers, doing exercise still stand(Ive been there too !) Please do these things and let us know how you go !!

As for ppl diagnosing Crow with ADHD, just leave the ppor kid alone will ya. I think it would be stressful enough without being labelled as suffering an illness by someone hardly qualified to diagnose it....

I am a physical therapist and have worked in hospital and community health settings for the last 5 years. In my community health work in particular we did a lot of multidisciplanary work on improving youth fitness levels(in local schools), and the effects it had on their performance in class. The bottom line of our research work was : EXERCISE IS GOOD FOR THE MIND TOO !! There is a multitude of literature on the subject, but once again, I suggest you speak to your teachers, counsellors, join a local gym or sports team !

...and dont even think for a second that you have ADHD, until you have tried EVERYTHING(seriously) ! Even then, there are still many other factors affecting tiredness and concentration, not just that syndrome which alot of kids get labelled with....

MTFBWYA

Archived