Home

I need advice....

Crow_Nest

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by IG-64

Really? That's cool. :thumbsup:

yeah, I thought you might've known that already, I mentioned it in the JA forums when I was trying to tell the numbskulls there that the human eye cannot process anything over 150 fps....

anyway, back to crow, we gotta help our feathered buddy !

MTFBWYA

Well, you either have diabetes or ADHD, as all of us have established... do you have a hard time concentrating on boring schoolwork? Because, usually when you are taught something you don't care for, you don't pay attention and get bored. Oh, and yeah, drugs (MEDICATIONS, not drugs like that and such) would help along with therapy. But, hey, at least ur not tired posting on LF.

Originally posted by MennoniteHobbit

Well, you either have diabetes or ADHD, as all of us have established....

Actually, no. He probably DOESNT have either of those. It's possible, but random people on an internet forum really can't diagnose that.

If you are getting enough sleep and eating breakfast then Ima gonna say Astro and Rhett are right on. Make sure your diet is proper, and get some exercise.

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

yeah, I thought you might've known that already, I mentioned it in the JA forums when I was trying to tell the numbskulls there that the human eye cannot process anything over 150 fps....

anyway, back to crow, we gotta help our feathered buddy !

MTFBWYA

Do you know of a web site with facts about the eye?

Originally posted by MennoniteHobbit

do you have a hard time concentrating on boring schoolwork? Because, usually when you are taught something you don't care for, you don't pay attention and get bored.

Read my first post.

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

Yeah!!11 Merely covering up the symptoms of problems is fun!

WEEEEEEEEE!!! Ritalin for all!

*runs around in circles, throwing pills up in the air*

thats better.

drugs are the answer to everything.

Originally posted by Jedi_Vogel

Could you point me in the right direction could I could use some "health advice" literature :)

As a health professional here in Australia, we often use the BetterHealth network, which is a government sponsored site.

Check it out, it has alot of useful stuff, plus I'm sure the UK/Belgium etc have their equivalent sites too...

A link to the "Healthy Living" section on the BetterHealth site

(probably good for you to read this too, Crow

if you want more info on these topics just go down to your local community health centre/pharmacy, they usually have lots of information.

MTFBWYA

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

Crow, Jedi_Vogel and STTCT have given you great advice. My suggestions about seeing teachers, doing exercise still stand(Ive been there too !) Please do these things and let us know how you go !!

As for ppl diagnosing Crow with ADHD, just leave the ppor kid alone will ya. I think it would be stressful enough without being labelled as suffering an illness by someone hardly qualified to diagnose it....

I am a physical therapist and have worked in hospital and community health settings for the last 5 years. In my community health work in particular we did a lot of multidisciplanary work on improving youth fitness levels(in local schools), and the effects it had on their performance in class. The bottom line of our research work was : EXERCISE IS GOOD FOR THE MIND TOO !! There is a multitude of literature on the subject, but once again, I suggest you speak to your teachers, counsellors, join a local gym or sports team !

...and dont even think for a second that you have ADHD, until you have tried EVERYTHING(seriously) ! Even then, there are still many other factors affecting tiredness and concentration, not just that syndrome which alot of kids get labelled with....

MTFBWYA

I still say he should smack himself.... it never failed :cool:

In addition to all of the above suggestions, try going to bed at least ONE hour earlier than you normally do....just try it. One hour more of sleep can do absolute wonders sometimes, and it's good for ya, too :D

I really doubt you have any sort of serious medical condition. ADD/ADHD doesn't seem to fit the description, and diabetes doesn't make any sense - as a diabetic myself, I can say that the symptoms of yours don't match up. More likely what Rhett said _if_ anything, but don't get worried. Try to eat a little more, maybe some orange juice in the morning, and even if you think you're getting enough sleep...get more!

Good luck buddeh!

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

Do NOT drink Redbull. That crap's even been recently outlawed in France. It's literally killing people.

Anything like a sugary treat or a pop will help for about twenty minutes but then it's going to make you feel worse.

Jolting your system with a high amount of sugar and caffine will only make you crash moreso. From what you describe, it sounds like you may be a little hypo-glycemic. What you need is protien if that's the case. Get some of those protien bars, I know they aren't that great but they will help bring up your bloodsugar in a real hurry to normal ranges, restoring alertness as well as making you feel all around better.

Try it out. Eat one in the morning, and maybe bring one with you to school to have a few hours later. See if it makes you feel better.

What Rhett said about protien, you could also try eating a bit more meat, its got lotsa protien in it ( beef, yes)

EDIT: What exaclty is redbull?

Originally posted by Jedi_Vogel

Red Bull = High sugar, very high caffein drink often used alongside alcohol for greater effect.

Supposed to help concentration. I've ever drunk it but I wonder how long it is before those who drink it regularly get caffein poisoning ... :s

I fail to see how mixing a depressant with a stimulant would help concentration. :indif:

Originally posted by STTCT

Keep some sugar candies like (life savers) or something that you can keep in your pocket and suck on those whenever you are starting to get sleepy or bored. Something I've done (i'd say gum but schools usually frown on that.

If my teacher catches me eating those during class. Im fried. Cause my school is very strict, ask druid bremen if you dont belive me....

I fail to see how mixing a depressant with a stimulant would help concentration

It doesn't, lol. My post wasn't very clear. The Red Bull is supposed to help concentration.

PUBS/bars/clubs then sell it alongside alcohol and charge a fortune :) that's what I meant to say the first time :o

Archived