Home

License Revoked For Brosnan

The Cheat

I don't want to see him play Bond again, nor do I want to see Harrison Ford play Indiana anymore. They were great in their hayday and I don't want my memories of them tarnished with lowsy follow-ups. I do, however, think that if they played those roles again they could pull it off.

I never liked Brosnan that much. Yeah, he plays a good English gent and is a little suave, but he doesn't have the charisma that Connery had. I think he lacks that sort of subtle-kind-of mocking sence of humor.

So, if/when they recast James Bond and (maybe) Indiana Jones, I might like the new actor, but I doubt he'll have all the same appeal like Connery and Ford had.

the bookmakers have released the odds for potential actors:

2/1 Hugh Jackman

7/2 Colin Farrell

5/1 Orlando Bloom

7/1 Jude Law

8/1 Christian Bale

8/1 Ewan McGregor

12/1 Greg Wise

12/1 Jeremy Northam

14/1 Russell Crowe

100/1 Robbie Williams

i wouldnt mind colin being bond. i think orlando would be ok but im not sure. law is looking better and better the more i look at him as bond. at first i thought he was too "clean". i still think hugh would be the best pick though

I like Orlando, but him as Bond? Hm...nah....I don't think he quite fits the part.....

I think Craig Ferguson, the guy who plays Mr. Wick on the Drew Carry show could make a halfway decent Bond, actually......A pic for those who don't know who I'm talking about:

39481.jpg

Hugh Jackman - i think he is cool, but a bit too rough around the edges

Colin Farrell - would suit the role, but his accent is SO STRONG that i can't see him losing it. Also i don't like him as a person.

Orlando Bloom - i can only imagine him with long hair, but i think he is too light and too young

Jude Law - always thought he would be a good bond, but he may need a few more years

Christian Bale - could probably be a good bond

8/1 Ewan McGregor

Greg Wise - who?

Jeremy Northam - maybe, but probably not

Russell Crowe - even rougher arounf the edges than hugh jackman

Robbie Williams - heh he. annoying shortass bond wannabee

Clive Owen - I always thought of him as a made-for-tv low rent bond. But then i thought the same about brosnan and he grew into it. I heard he was good in Croupier.

I was a huge bond fan, i have most of them on dvd or video and like almost all of them. THe second half of Die another day really put me off the whole franchise though as it seemed a sign they were turning it into just another CGI actionfest with none of the charm and "based in reality" factor of the older films. I guess we will learn where they wnat it to go when we see who they pick next.

Bond is actually a much harder role than people give it credit for. You have to have both the looks, the charm, the smoothness, the ruthlessness, the humour and the ability to pull off the one-liners without them sounding terribly cheesy.

Oh, and for our american readers:

Revoked - To void or annul by recalling, withdrawing, or reversing: Her license was revoked.

Originally posted by toms

Hugh Jackman - i think he is cool, but a bit too rough around the edges

Colin Farrell - would suit the role, but his accent is SO STRONG that i can't see him losing it. Also i don't like him as a person.

Orlando Bloom - i can only imagine him with long hair, but i think he is too light and too young

Russell Crowe - even rougher arounf the edges than hugh jackman

Robbie Williams - heh he. annoying shortass bond wannabee

That's pretty much how I feel about them too.

Hugh Jackman: After seeing Swordfish I think he could do it. He has the ability to play the role.

Colin Farrell: I suppose he could pull it off, but I don't like him either.

Orlando Bloom: I'd say in a few more years. He's still fresh meat in the movie biz and could likely be out of the loop pretty soon.

Russell Crowe: I think he could do it, if he was serious about being a good 007 and not trying to feed his ego.

Robbie Williams: Bah! Don't make me laugh! The guy is a moron.

Fred Dirst: Oh yeah! Perfect Bond! :rolleyes:

colinn farell? I liked hos work but..as bond? No! put him in another swat movie like swat and recruit and he's fine

ewan: why not? :)

craig: maybe a better option

My guess is they come up with someone 'unknown'.

And yes, sean connery was definitely the best bond eva

...new bond...bout time, every time I saw Brosnan all I could think of was him as Remington Steele....

Ewan McGregor, Colin Farrell and Jude Law are my top 3 picks for being the next bond..... I hope the next movie will be better than the last, that was shyte, disappearing car my a$$.....

MTFBWYA

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

...new bond...bout time, every time I saw Brosnan all I could think of was him as Remington Steele....

Ewan McGregor, Colin Farrell and Jude Law are my top 3 picks for being the next bond..... I hope the next movie will be better than the last, that was shyte, disappearing car my a$$.....

MTFBWYA

Good picks though I dont know about Ewan

Archived