Home

Mario Model

El Sitherino

Ok, I was thinking about this earlier today, then I saw the SSBM mod thread, and I decided that'd be the perfect place to release it through.

I spent an hour trying to gather some pics and doing a bit of the model. Check it out.

mario_modelscreeny1.jpg

mario_modelscreeny2.jpg

mario_modelscreeny3.jpg

I'll need someone to do the skinmapping and getting it in the game though, I can skin it myself, that is unless someone else wishes to do it, then by all means.

It looks good, but may I make a few suggestions:

Make Mario's legs a bit shorter and/or fatter. He is a pudgy plumber, after all!:p

Make the cap's brim more straight. People will want to see the "M" when they're dueling him!

Give the bottom of his mustache some curves. His mustache looks a bit too much like Luigi's right now.

make sure you can see more of his red shirt than just his arms. He's wearing overalls, so try adding the straps and buttons.

Skin him up, add some hair, eyes, and some Charles Martinet taunts and you'll have one heck of a Mario model!

HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Originally posted by Neverhoodian

It looks good, but may I make a few suggestions:

Make Mario's legs a bit shorter and/or fatter. He is a pudgy plumber, after all!:p

Make the cap's brim more straight. People will want to see the "M" when they're dueling him!

Give the bottom of his mustache some curves. His mustache looks a bit too much like Luigi's right now.

make sure you can see more of his red shirt than just his arms. He's wearing overalls, so try adding the straps and buttons.

Skin him up, add some hair, eyes, and some Charles Martinet taunts and you'll have one heck of a Mario model!

HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

WEll those colors are just colorations added to the parts to give some example of how it'd look. I do plan on fixing the brim a bit. his legs are supposedly proportional to his body, but I could try and see what they'd look like while shorter. They look right to me when I model it. The screenies might be just at bad angles.

Also, would someone be willing to help me trim out some of these poly's :|

True...but you have to admit that Mario's the more famous brother of the two. Besides, it shouldn't be that difficult to make a Luigi version using this model once Mario's done. Just make the model a little taller and thinner, make his shirt and hat green, put an "L" on the hat, and viola! Luigi!

Archived