Home

"Scientists Claim to Have Cloned Human Embryo"

Reborn Outcast

Originally posted by IG-64

1. I don't care

2. People aren't science projects

3. Who ever that clone is will be misrable for his whole life, good job.

4. You didn't read the story (because of #1 perhaps :) ) since they didn't clone a person, but rather a person's cells. There was no sperm, no egg, and no fetus implanted, therefore no pregnancy... the cells are cloned to get stem cells for transplant. Stem cells can become any cell in the body, and could provide a way for "curing" millions of people who suffer from neural disorders or injuries ranging from paralysis to alzheimer's to parkinson's.

But I have to disagree... people are the greatest science project ever conducted.... :)

What crazy dog said there, that is the cornerstone for my post.

Yes, who really cared about cloning sheep. It was cool. But now that we're starting to work on cloning humans, than all this moral and ethical crap. What's the difference. They both have spirits? They both live, breathe, and eat right? Well then this is funny. Now you see how the sheep might feel. I mean, everyone didn't really care, just wow cool. Humans:NO IT'S WRONG RELIGION MORALS ETHICS, just what a double standard.

Think about that.

There were plenty of outcries about the cloning of Dolly the Sheep. :rolleyes: Didn't you watch the News :p:)

But cloning STEM cells IS a big deal. stem cells are very impressionable and can be used to create tissue that our bodies won't reject in transplants. This is invaluable for burn patients, people who need heart transplants, the list goes on.

Yep. That's really important unlike clones. We don't need clones at all.... do we??

*Moves to Senate Chambers*

-_-

No need, anything goes here. (you know what I mean)

Originally posted by Agen_Terminator

There were plenty of outcries about the cloning of Dolly the Sheep. :rolleyes: Didn't you watch the News :p:)

Yep. That's really important unlike clones. We don't need clones at all.... do we??

-_-

No need, anything goes here. (you know what I mean)

except particular acts with dolly the sheep.

I think this is a breakthrough for science. I hope someday we can cure parkinsons and even diseases like diabetes.

Originally posted by Jed

I'm all up for letting them continue research to make breakthroughs with new diseases, but cloning a human? I dunno, doesn't seem right.

There are enough people on this earth - if parents that can't conceive want a child badly, they should adopt.

*shrugs*

Yep, I do see the relevance in the health parts and "reproducing tissue to replace damaged ones" but still, we sacrifice stem cells/embryos when we research, and that's kinda like taking away something that can develop into life later...

Oh yeah, adopting is a great idea. There are a bunch of kids in this world who do not have ne1 who would look after them...

Originally posted by MennoniteHobbit

Yep, I do see the relevance in the health parts and "reproducing tissue to replace damaged ones" but still, we sacrifice stem cells/embryos when we research, and that's kinda like taking away something that can develop into life later...

Let's see...a fertile male produces about 1000 sperm cells each second. Each of those can develop into a human being. Does that mean that everyone who masturbates is a mass murderer?

And with cloning it's even worse, as it is done by taking DNA from a single cell of your body. As your body is made up by billions of cells, each with DNA, and these die and get created in an insane tempo, this means millions upon millions of wasted potential human lives. For each single human body in the world.

Anyways, to be more on-topic, I would just like to say that the cloning technology is vital for effective stem cell research and development, not to mention carrying out the actual curing.

That's a bit daft, I agree with Breton, this is just what happens. Sperm isn't aware of itself and I don't think cells are that much either ;):p

Why is cloning wrong?

IF it's OK to clone sheep why not humans?

1. It's a waste of money

2. The clone is ridden with disease and doesn't live as long as it should (most scientists agree that all would be like this)

3. Dolly the sheep is dead already.

4. It wasn't ok, as far as I know, it's illegal.

5.It's not needed

Although, cloning is different from stem cell research etc.

And so is using a condom during sex. I mean, if you wouldn't have worn it there's a good chance she would've had a baby.

Originally posted by Druid Allanon

Bah, if human clones are created, most mean people would shun them or think them strange.

Why? If done correctly, you will never know that a person was a clone. It's not like they'll walk around with a big "N" on their foreheads. Or "666" for the superstitious lot...

Archived