Home

Dude,.. where's my Rabbit?!?

edlib

Originally posted by edlib

I know he started working a new shift at work, so that may explain it,..

I'll make some calls to the milk-carton people in the meantime...

Are you implying that he is in the milk-carton business?

I've always wondered if people that work at a box factory get a box and look at it and think "Wow, its one of our Thompson Model 54's! Now that's a quality carton!"

Hmm... I've seen boxes where it names the guy who made them "Proudly Made In The U.S.A. By John Doe and Crew!" or something along those lines somewhere on the box... so yeah, they probably do. They probably get together at huge industry conventions a couple of times a year and compare notes and swap war-stories, and speculate on the coming trends in carton design and manufacture.

The jobs I always wondered about are like the quality inspector in, say, a ball-bearing plant. Someone has to do it... look at samples of ball-bearings for 8 hours a day, everyday.

What do you think the suicide rate on a job like that is?

Ah,.. but I digress. What I meant to imply that perhaps it is prudent that I alert the proper authorities that Zoomie has gone missing, and that it's high time we got his face on the side of the carton... if for no other reason that to frighten and alarm poor unsuspecting middle-Americans whist they are just about to sit down and enjoy a nice relaxed breakfast only to be confronted by his manic visage grinning wildly and aggressively back out at them from the side of thier now discomforting carton of milk...

But then you already knew that... ;)

he actually got the point... finally..

wait..

beaver? who said beaver?

oh.. he did.

*sees jm reaching for the yoinkstick*

drat. i like beavers.

wait..

beavers?

*blink*

err.. no. hehe. beaverseason was yesterday. today is weaselseason. wereweaselseason to be exactly.

uuuuhhhhmm.. ^__^;;;;;

*innocent look*

Originally posted by edlib

speculate on the coming trends in carton design and manufacture.

Four wall construction with double corrugation probably.

One of my key duties at both the jobs I had in my life were cutting up boxes. I know all about boxes. Triple wall construction is the best, especially triple wall with corrugation. An empty triple wall box measuring 18" tall, 20" long, and 12" wide can support a 145 (+/-) pound man standing on top of it for at least 20 minutes. Probably longer, but I got tired of standing on teh box.

Originally posted by Nute Gunray

One of my key duties at both the jobs I had in my life were cutting up boxes.

Indeed? Before college I had 2 jobs at the same time for about 8 months where this was a big part of my duties as well. My first job was stocking the shelves at a local Shaw's supermarket from midnight to 8am. I always seemed to get stuck in the baby-food aisle.

The second job was doing something similar at the local Bradlee's department store from 2pm to 11pm.

I still have dozens of box-cutters cluttering up my kitchen junk drawer and the bottom of my tool-box from that period.

I guess I was too sleep deprived and over-caffinated to make any lasting assesments on box quality,.. although there was a period where I could answer almost any question about baby-food.

Not to worry.

He does this every so often,.. disappearing for sometimes months at a time... but he always turns back up. He knows where home is.

It could be a while before we see him again though...

Now's the time for posting wild and entertaining speculations, rumors, and innuendos about his fate and whereabouts, however,.. before he returns and offers some lame, banal, and ordinary, boring, everyday excuse for his absence.

*Plays: "I Fought The Law, And The Law Won"*

:joy:

Many unfinished boxes (those that are simply brown) have a seal on the bottom that says they're "certified" (apparently someone does that) and it lists their place of origin and their class, which also notes their construction.

My primary function at my main job (coffee shop) was washing and cleaning things. Secondary was unpacking things that had been delivered. Because of the nature of the items at a coffee shop, there were a surprising amount of boxes for me to deal with on a nearly daily basis. My other job was on the "Almanac Team" at Bath & Body Works. I had a variety of tasks and nearly all of them had something to do with a box. I was one of only three guys employed there and the only one that worked regularly. While not part of my job, I often answered the questions females had about men and delivered scathing social commentary about women. Also, I was the tallest and, despite my lanky, thin Irish body, the strongest. Cute girls pretend flirting with me to get me to do things for them because of their short stature was always fun. I miss that job.

Archived