Home

Faster force regen?

BongoBob

that's the right command...just the wrong number

whoever controlls the server can change it by typing /rcon g_forceregentime #

and i do believe that the number indicates how quickly it recovers..where as 100 would equal 1 force in 1 second and so 50 would be 2 force in one second.....please correct me if i'm wrong guys! :-D

You should have the line

seta g_forceregentime "200"

in server.cfg. It is the number of milliseconds to regenerate 1 Force point. 200 is default. To fully regenerate Force after using all of it up: 200msec per Force point x 100 Force points = 20 seconds.

100 is twice as fast, 50 is 4x faster, 40 is 5x faster, 20 is 10x faster.

Good CTF players hate anything other than default (200) because faster Force regeneration leads to pull-whoring and difficult-to-kill flag carriers.

Most duel servers are low\no Force, so it's irrelevant.

Fast Force regeneration is popular in (true) FFA (not "FFA dueling") but it can lead to kata and lightning spamming.

xMod2.5 allows you to control the Force drained and minimum Force required for all special saber moves, katas, flipkicks, and cartwheels. I have asked Master Hex to do the same for each Force power as well in a future version of xMod2. That way you can have fast Force regeneration for Speed, Jump, and Seeing while reducing pullwhoring and lightning spamming.

My server (regardless of gametype) runs the default 200 and I'm not likely to change it (unless I'm just testing something).

Why? Because that's the default part of the game, and speeding up force regen throws off the whole balance. It leads to rampant move spamming (and hence whining) and defeats the whole purpose of requring force for moves.

The way the game is (with 200, as it was in JK2 also by default) it forces you to manage your force mana wisely, and use your force powers strategically.

With skill you can still get the extra mana you need by grabbing the Force Boon powerup (admittedly more rare in JA than in JK2, but still). With Force Regen 0 this powerup is completely pointless.

Frankly the 0 regen setting annoys me, almost as much as having Sabers Only in Siege or other nonesense. If it floats your boat fine, but I have lots of people who are so used to it they can't even play the normal game anymore since they rely on having infinite force all the time.

Archived