Home

Cantina Bar Sets - Wave II: Their Fates Revealed

Katarn07

Well, the Bar Sets have just been officially cancelled by Hasbro. Brian has stopped accepting preorders but he promises if he ever gets his hands on a few of them out there, the preorders already made will be fulfilled. You can get all 3 for the low, low price of 300 dollars buy it now :rolleyes:

eBay Auction

Oh well. I was hoping somebody would eventually buy them up but that's not to be I guess....

Originally posted by Katarn07

Cloud City had all 3 for 115. Nice price I guess, but all I wanted was Kit Kak Kidaak or whatever (the one they never made).

And it was really Wal-Mart's fault for getting so many, not Hasbro's for making so many.

i know the surplus was wal-marts fault, but the fact that they made the crappy figures in the first wave was hasbros bad. they must be inept, they made, what? 2 ponda babas already, 2 greedos, and perfectly good mamow nadon, while, dr. evazin was only in a 3 pack, wher was a mail away, and the k guy was never made, my advice is to focus on figures not made yet, i think the best store exclusives (or most succesful) of the last 2 years has to be the bonus clones.

Originally posted by daring dueler

i know the surplus was wal-marts fault, but the fact that they made the crappy figures in the first wave was hasbros bad. they must be inept, they made, what? 2 ponda babas already, 2 greedos, and perfectly good mamow nadon, while, dr. evazin was only in a 3 pack, wher was a mail away, and the k guy was never made, my advice is to focus on figures not made yet, i think the best store exclusives (or most succesful) of the last 2 years has to be the bonus clones.

So VERY true....... That was very well put. :)

• 2 weeks later...

A set of three (all AFA graded C9) sold for 500 dollars! :eek:

And off topic, are you aware Seinfeld is coming to DVD this year?! I know what my XMAS GIFT is gonna be :D. Also, gonna be getting Family Guy for my bday :) I know that's way off topic but haven't caught you on AIM lately. When are you signed on? :confused:

I heard March of 2005 for Family Guy :)

And as for the topic.... ummm, hey! How about a mod post here if they actually moderate this place. Ummm, maybe I'll just stop and leave this to PMs. I haven't been AIM all week because of my researc paper. I might be on next week but if not it'll be PMs.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, here's some possible good news.

1. Will we ever get the Kitik Keedkak figure from the Cantina set?

Originally taken from Yakface.com's Q&A

I received some information a few days ago from a most-trusted source. My friend is hoping that this news will make those of you who have been eyeing Kitik on Ebay think twice before paying ungodly prices for her. Take your finger off the left-click button and step away from your PC!!!

The long-awaited answer: Unless something unexpected happens, Kitik will be arriving shortly.

Sometime in the late summer (August-ish?), a Cantina 3-pack will be released that contains the entire second wave of the Walmart Cantina Sets - Wuher, Dr. Evazan, and the elusive Kitik. My source did not know whether it would be an exclusive or if it would be a standard retail item. That fact might still be undecided. The set is expected to cost in the same ballpark price as the current Jedi Council/War Room sets and for those of you wanting more from the cantina, there is a second Cantina 3-pack planned for later in the year with unknown figures. Sound good? There is more.

So what does it look like?

I was going to go into a detailed description here but I'll make it simple. OTC Packaging. Long bubble. 3 bar sections. Wuher serving it up. Evazan kicking back.

And if that isn't good enough...how is this for a return to the visual Q&A???

(Click on image to see full size, Note to all other websites. Please do not use this image or link directly to it. Please just post a link back the our QNA or to yakface.com, Thank you.)

And click here to see a mockup of it.

I say this is possible good news considering no one bought the initial figures individually so why is Hasbro so sure anyone (save for TRU) would get them as a three pack?

Anyhow, I am hoping this comes to being so I can add and upgrade my Cantina pop up scene :D

i think its a smart move on hasbro b/c they know many collectors want the kitik figure, and instead of selling it for $15 on its own, they went for the 3-pack and are probably going to sell it for at least $25. the second cantina 3-pack sounds interesting. cant wait to see who it is.:cool:

Originally posted by dark jedi 8

but because its in the OTC packaging, hasbro might justify the price increase. just my thought.

? The OTC packaging is gonna be the new regular packaging, isn't it?

I don't think they'd raise it.....

Archived