Home

Hilt Showcase and WIP...

keshire

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So did you like the way I had them set up in 1 glm? Technically this would be a Customizable Player hilt. Just 2 shafts and 2 button combo's though leading to four different sabers if you so chose. They should all match up though.

Originally posted by keshire

So did you like the way I had them set up in 1 glm? Technically this would be a Customizable Player hilt. Just 2 shafts and 2 button combo's though leading to four different sabers if you so chose. They should all match up though.

yeah, it was damn creative, confused me at first on setting it up in modview but then i got a hang of it. I made a dooku jedi saber, If you're interested in fixing it up. i scaled it a bit. tried to make my own saber tag but it wouldn't work. :\

Ya, I noticed modview didn't want to distinguish between the different skin files like player models do. So you have to manually turn off the surfaces to see what the end product will be. But at least it works like its supposed to in-game.

I've also talked to razorAce about setting up a Customizable Player Hilt menu. To take advantage of this idea. He said its definately doable but wonders if anybody would want it.

Ya, I noticed modview didn't want to distinguish between the different skin files like player models do. So you have to manually turn off the surfaces to see what the end product will be. But at least it works like its supposed to in-game.

I've also talked to razorAce about setting up a Customizable Player Hilt menu. To take advantage of this idea. He said its definately doable but wonders if anybody would want it.

I personally would love the customizable player hilt thing. I posted in the thread you made in the JA section on it.

also, if you want I can send you the dooku saber i made, i have it zipped up in md3

dooku_saber_screeny.jpg

a little render of the saber.

Dooku1SM.jpg

(reference picture)

I haven't gotten much response in the main forum, so I'm wondering what some other's thoughts on customizable sabers are. Any suggestions?

Also, I'm thinking that dooku saber needs to be brass.

I thought so too, but when i had it in game it looked alot better than when in modview. it's kinda of weird like that. I'm going to try and make a brass shader for it as soon as i figure out how to do that >_<~

I wanna see the the ability to make a saber longer (single handed sabers) it might not be fully possible without a hell of alot of work, but man, it'd be really cool especially if you use one of those big style characters (when people make mods with model scaling) :)

well like the saber itself not it's blade. Like yareal poofs is huge to make up for his having 4 arms so that he can use all four. but also I think it'd be fun to have like a long version of say anakins saber just for kicks even if your'e a normal sized model. :)

It could add a bit of flavour to the mix of things.

I'm uncertain of the balance of the sabers, since I don't really see how the size of the saber (hilt) will throw things off. but then again, I'm not much of a modder, I just simply make the saber models ;)

The hilt model counts as a seperate entity for hit detection. Meaning its easier to disarm, because you can disarm people by hitting the hilt. :)

And sure that can be done too. But it'd stretch out the textures mighty bad though. You could always add a new shaft option to the model with the customizable sabers. ;)

yikes, unfortunately I don't know much about hilt modeeling... but I have to say the idea of customisable hilts sounds great.

That is one impressive arsenal of hilts. I see that in the saber files there is an option where a saber staff is breakable (kind of like what happens to maul) where one would end up with one or two sabers in each hand after the break. This would be a great feature when it comes to customisable hitls as I'm guessing the saber staff would be modelled in a way where the break point coud also lead to two seperate sabers.

I have yet to see this feature work in game though. Never came across it. Just one of those things along with 'pick up dropped sabers' in SP thet seems to have somehow dissapeared from the gameplay. =(

Also hilt modelling is much MUCH easier than character modelling. You make your model and add a blade tag to it. simple.

no weighting no skeleton.

So if this gets implemented I could crank out some sabers with a very good amount of options very rapidly.

Archived