Home

SW: A trilogy of trilogies?

Writer

A trilogy of trilogies?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. A trilogy of trilogies?

• Yes! That would be awesome.
    • No, too many EU books to choose from. Not enough time to expound on all of it.

My sister told me that after Ep. 3, they are planning on filming a 7, 8, and 9. Does anybody have proof of this?

Now for your opinions. If they really are planning this, do you think they can pull it off realistically, or are there too many books in the EU to choose from?

Oh no.....not this again......oh, please, nooooooooooooooo !!!!!

5 years on theforce.net forum battling this shyte.....I cant seem to get away from these threads :

"My <insert friend, family member or other ridiculous source> said they are making Ep 7-9"

I'm too tired to rip this to pieces, suffice to say, show me one IOTA of direct evidence where George Lucas utters this and I will buy you a Ferrari, A Rolls Royce and a pizza !

sheesh, your "sister", unless she's GLs daughter(making you GLs son/daughter as well :p), we cannot count that as direct evidence. Most likely she's read that rubbish about Peter Mayhew(chewie) saying he's signed on to do more movies....more unsubtantiated tripe.....

ah, bugger

MTFBWYA

yea just what we need a rick berman for star wars

i think it would be pretty cool. dont really follow the EU at all (i have never read them so i wont care) if george wants to do them go ahead and do it. it would be pretty cool to have more star wars but we will have to wait and see

More SW films will be made at some point, I'm pretty sure of that. I'm not saying this is a good or bad thing, but as time goes on and Lucas' career dies down, eventually someone else will pick it up. The Star Wars franchise, originally films, is too big and popular a franchise to just leave alone. If there are more films, they will most likely be based on the most popular EU stories, probably not featuring the main characters from the original trilogy (i.e., all new characters).

I spose it might be quite cool. It'd probably be best if it wasn't a direct sequel from the OT. I'm sure it will be done at some point, even if it's not done by Lucas. Don't be so sure it won't happen ;)

Given the fact that EU books have made practically NO ROOM whatsoever to insert a third trilogy, (unless it takes place 150 years after Endor or something :p) It wouldn't be able to be done without causing an uproar in the SW community.

Unless, of course, they use the EU stories, such as Darklighter has suggested.

Originally posted by Darklighter

More SW films will be made at some point, I'm pretty sure of that. I'm not saying this is a good or bad thing, but as time goes on and Lucas' career dies down, eventually someone else will pick it up. The Star Wars franchise, originally films, is too big and popular a franchise to just leave alone. If there are more films, they will most likely be based on the most popular EU stories, probably not featuring the main characters from the original trilogy (i.e., all new characters).

I spose it might be quite cool. It'd probably be best if it wasn't a direct sequel from the OT. I'm sure it will be done at some point, even if it's not done by Lucas. Don't be so sure it won't happen ;)

*No more SW films doesn't mean 'no more Star wars' per se...

*Remember the SW gaming scene is quite strong, and as gaming technology develops, the realism and interactivity of games is likely to develop.... I could even see a CGI project happening one day, perhaps related to a game, but in EU territory, like Shadows of the Empire type of stuff, that doesnt have too huge a bearing on what happens in the 'film universe'.... but as far as seeing those words in yellow scroll across a cinema screen...I doubt that very much......

MTFBWYA

Lucas said before making the prequels that he had mean all the time to do a trilogy of trilogies.

however the prequels and the draft original trilogy scripts basically show that that was a load of rubbish. He might have had a very rough idea of what happened before and after, but he is basically making it up as he goes along.

He's also said SINCE starting to do the prequesl that he dosn't plan to make the third set, partly cos he will be to old. Of course, he does change his mind on things more often than a politician.

I'd say that IF, and only if, he dies decide to do them, he should do them as a hands off producer, just coming up with the main plot lines, and had the writing and directing jobs off to some younger, more talented writers and directors.

And IF they do make them, the EU will be completely ignored. That much is guaranteed.

They will almost certainly mess them up so they probably should just leave it alone.

• 2 weeks later...

From what I heared the plots for episodes VII, VIII and IX were writen along with all the rest of them before the films were even started, and the only reason George Lucas didn't start with Episode I was because of the technical problems of making a huge droid army do battle with the gungens. I think VII, VIII and IX will be made and they will compleatly ignore the EU stuff.

Originally posted by jon_hill987

From what I heared the plots for episodes VII, VIII and IX were writen along with all the rest of them before the films were even started, and the only reason George Lucas didn't start with Episode I was because of the technical problems of making a huge droid army do battle with the gungens. I think VII, VIII and IX will be made and they will compleatly ignore the EU stuff.

Well EU is alright cause Mara Jade kicks ass.

Archived