Home

Wip AT-TE

Psyk0Sith

Originally posted by Psyk0Sith

Just to let you know, Duncan and RenegadeOfPhunk (OJP) will be helping out with this project, mainly for a new vehicle class (and other problems i might have :D).

I found an animator for the walk cycle, i just sent the file yesterday so i have no progress to report, at least things are still moving ;).

there are some things about the walking cycle that Phunk and me discussed for the improved walker vehicle class. a walking cycle has a number of frames depending on the complexety of the real movement. the atst has for ex. 38 frames shown 20 fps. so the animation is 1.9 seconds long. the ATAT i am working on has a full waking cycle of 64 frames but showing only 10 fps. (the vehicles fps have nothing to do with the games fps!) so the ATAT walking animation is 6.4 seconds long. now the importent thing is, what hapens when you try to stop inbetween this animation. eighter it imedialtly jumps back to the starting frame what creats those ugly stakato movements or it shows the hole animation to the end. but this creats with a 6.4 second long animation a kind of moonwalk. you see, the lenght of the animation makes this problem more or less visible. now cause the ATTE is at least a six leged vehicle i suppose the walking cycle will be surely longer then then the ATST. so Phunk and me creating the ATAT walking animation cutt into four parts with four standing postures. this makes these problems less visible.

now i suggest a similar kind of solution for the ATTE, if it uses the same mod of OJP as the ATAT will. it would be good i i could contact the animator for the ATTE and we could discuss this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The only progress i have done is the cannon can now be rotated from left to right (or up/down...havent decided yet).

Thanks to Keshire and Razorace for their help!.

I wanted to add passengers that could control their own turret, but it seems that would be impossible...or so i've been told.

So i guess only the animations remain.

The only progress i have done is the cannon can now be rotated from left to right (or up/down...havent decided yet).

So does that mean that the gun will only be able to move horizontally or vertically? I was hoping it could move in all four directions...

For walker class vehicles the >thoracic< bone can be used to follow the crosshairs animation. i used that in the haifire droid if you look carefully (i suppose noone has seen that :( ). and if you rotate the bone in 3ds max, you can change the diredtion it turns, but it will be always one dimentional. so if you move the crosshair up/down, the model bone move right/left. but it has no affect on the aiming direction, at least i never had one.

with Phunk we are doing an additional walker class vehicle, so we get more bones to use in this way and for all directions. i hope to use that support for the ATAT, but the ATTE could use it very good too.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by keshire

No luck on taking advantage of the cervical or cranium bone to make it autolook at enemies? I beleive it makes the player look at the closest person. Even when their invisible.

Yeah it kinda worked but i prefer to have just one rotation axis from left to right, it feels like you have a bit of control instead of auto aiming.

It's not dead, i just dont have animations for it yet...i guess Anakin is busy like the rest of us, i might have to take on this task myself.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by keshire

If you don't have time to take care of this I'll take a stab at it. I'm about to take a vacation from humanoid animating. And I'll get this as well as finish up some Acklay stuff.

Thanks mate, i'll get you the latest version asap.

Archived