Home

Mixnmojo:A New Downtime?

Murray the Chao

Originally posted by ATMachine

None of the hosted sites work for me either. It's been happening since New Year's.

What is going on here? I demand a permanent fix.

For what it's worth, I've been getting the same thing intermittantly - whenever the hosted sites are broken for me, nobody else seems to be having trouble. To be specific, the DNS lookups time out.

They're working at the moment though.

Edit: And now they're not. Intermittant, I say.

Same here. anything.mixnmojo.com doesn't work. At first, I thought it was like Alderaan: totally blown away.

My trouble started about a week ago. Around the same time as I updated/patched Win XP?

And it does not appear to be intermittant.

It's an excellent site. I just can't seem to get to it anymore. :(

I've actually been having the same problem, at work they all work at home none work. The solution is quite simple.

The reason the sites don't work is because they don't resolve to anything, you can easely update your own hosts file to make it correctly resolve.

On Win2k i have edited my hosts file (c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts) and added the following lines:

66.90.64.19 soundtracks.mixnmojo.com

66.90.64.19 lucastones.mixnmojo.com

66.90.64.19 quick.mixnmojo.com

Now you could just add any of subsites in stead of soundtracks or lucastones. I personally don't visit the other subsites so i dont have the other onces there but they all point to the same IP.

After you save your hosts file just do "ipconfig /renew" in your dosprompt.

The actually settings might be slightly diffrent per OS but thats how you basicly get it to work :)

Please ban Joshi for being a ****ER.

That nonsense is NOT going to get Mojo fixed. All of us should be able to acsess Mojo.

CaliMonk, I use a Mac and thus cannot do what you said.

I am going to delete this thread and start it anew if it is going to turn into a Computer Discrimination thread rather then a Get Mojo Fixed thread.

Mine too.

But seriously, that was a joke, if you don't get the joke, then you’re obviously not as judiciously inclined as the rest of us. Again, another joke, in case you didn’t get that one and request for me to be shot. Even if it was a flame, you can’t request a ban for the following reasons:

1. It’s a mild flame

2. Everyone agrees (when saying everyone, I automatically exclude Mac users for obvious reasons) and

3. You have no credibility on this site because of your chosen computer system (it had to be said)

Oh, an obscenities like that aren't very nice, please remember, there are children reading this board…

…and they could flame you all the way to last week so don’t even try it.

Remember, if you don’t have anything nice to say, at least make your flames worth while, or else just SHUT THE **** UP!!!

Peace

Neil

;)

Mr Joshi would like to make it known that this entire thread was in most part a joke and meant to be seen with a light sense of humour. If you do not currently own a sense of humour then Joshi can not accept responsibility for the undying and yet unliveable pain that one may or may not be suffering right now. Thank you for taking the time out of your pathetic life to read this thread, now if you would kindly turn off your computer and drown in a bag of crisps (or potato chips for you yanks) as is stated by your Nerdorama5.0 user manual. Have a nice afterlife, see you in hell.

Archived