Home

Which Version Are You Buying PS2? X-box? PC?

DJ Adi

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be getting the xbox version. I just prefer the hassle free xbox for gaming. Xbox live is just great.

I really dont like the all the hassle that unfinished products give me on the PC (I cant remeber tha last time I bought a game on the PC that didnt need a bug fixing patch on the the day of release, especially for online games).

It may have better graphics on a PC (not by much) and there may be Mods. But there will also be far more people using cheat programs, it'll need patches to fix compatablity.

So give me a console version every time and has already been said, the sofa is far more comfortble than the cold office chair.

Originally posted by Ashfelt

I'll be getting the xbox version. I just prefer the hassle free xbox for gaming. Xbox live is just great.

I really dont like the all the hassle that unfinished products give me on the PC (I cant remeber tha last time I bought a game on the PC that didnt need a bug fixing patch on the the day of release, especially for online games).

It may have better graphics on a PC (not by much) and there may be Mods. But there will also be far more people using cheat programs, it'll need patches to fix compatablity.

So give me a console version every time and has already been said, the sofa is far more comfortble than the cold office chair.

Although if a bug is released on the XBox version you are just stuck with it.;)

Well I don't want to start a controversy here or anything but it really pisses me off people when you say this is better that's better.

If you like the PC controls more don't say they are better but simply that you like them better. You are not right about that fact don't say something that's it's not true and is only ur belief. It's like me saying that PS2 controls are better even though I may think that they are it doesn't mean they are. Different people different preferences.

I can personally prove you that the animation on the PC and X-box are way worst than the ones on the PS2 and GC, whether you believe me or not. Yes the PC and X-box got amazing graphics but that's the resolution and shyt. The other part is the animations, motions of characters and stuff which as I said look bad. They move like robots in many cases and are very stiff. Both use the same processor that's why X-box is just a PC inside a box.

You will say WTF am I talking about and how would I know. Well I got all the systems. I buy games for PS2 unless the Resident Evil Series for GC or Halo for X-Box. However I remember when I compared games such as MOH: Frontline or Sport games on those systems I could really see a difference in characters movement between PS2 and the PC and X-box. Also when I watch any type of game show i can easily know what system the game is on. I just see the difference right away.

Well if you don't agree with me then don't say shyt untill you try playing the same game on different systems and see for yourself cause you will. And if you don't then you are just so blinded by what other peple say and commercials and stuff and are one of those people that no matter what you tell them they always think your wrong cause they like something else.

Well peace out.

PC for sure - I refuse to buy a console.

I can't get past the fantastic ease of a mouse/keyboard combo + better graphics + mods/downloads/patches + more players/game that PC brings.

In fact, my only whinge is that the PC version could probably be even better if the game wasn't being designed simultaneously on three platforms.

:(

GamsSpot Preview

"...Star Wars Battlefront will offer support for downloadable content via Xbox Live, as well as support for the PlayStation 2's hard drive"

"While it's hardly surprising to note that the PC and Xbox games run smoothly and feature detailed graphics, the PlayStation 2 version is probably the most surprising of the trio.

Told ya that PC aint so special anymore :)

Originally posted by DJ Adi

GamsSpot Preview

"...Star Wars Battlefront will offer support for downloadable content via Xbox Live, as well as support for the PlayStation 2's hard drive"

"While it's hardly surprising to note that the PC and Xbox games run smoothly and feature detailed graphics, the PlayStation 2 version is probably the most surprising of the trio.

Told ya that PC aint so special anymore :)

Maybe, but to use the PS2's hard drive, you have to spend lots of money on it - then manually fit it. The PC has all that ready made.

Also, hardly anyone has PS2 online...in comparison with how many people have online capabilities with a PC. I know loads of people who have a good PC (with online stuff) but no console.

One last thing, the PC is getting mod tools. So it will have the mods and modding capabilities that are unknown to the PS2 and Xbox versions.

I have a PC but since video games specifications have increased since 2002 I can't play new star wars game released such as Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy, Knights of the Old Republic, Galaxies, Republic Commando, or Battlefront. I don't mind graphics. I love playing Star Wars games on my PS2 since I don't have the time or money to invest in an X-box or Gamecube.

Excelsion i never said that PS2 got better graphics than PC or X-box i just simply wanted to prove that it ain't bad as you all think. It might looks just as good as X-box does.

Secondly there is tons of ppl playing PS2 online. Just look at game such as Socom 2 which beat the online record of most subsribers ever not only on PS2 but in all games. Everquest and THPS are another exaples of how many people actually play so that's not a probelm.

Thridly $100 buck on a Hrad-drive is nothing, as it also includes FFXI. It aint a problem is like buying 2 games.

The only thing that only pisses me off at this time about PS2 and X-box is the number of ppl playing i would really like 32 rather than 16 players, but that's about it.

And as for mods u never know if they are gonna be released for the consoles the harddrive is a new thing and it wouldn't be a big problem of finding a way of implementing Mod tool into the consoles.

I guess the xbox and ps2 could do it as well as the pc, but I would imagin it would be quite an investment (for somebody who doesn't have everything needed eg: hard drive, broadband, xbox live, game itself etc).

If mod tools were avalible to the console then you would surely have to go looking around for a keyboard and mouse. Out of interest is a keyboard included with xbox live and ps2 online? Modelling with a joystick would not be the best idea in my opinion.

I would love to get this game when it comes out in the fall for pc but due to me being a poor college student and no job I can't buy a new pc with the required system requirements at this time. I plan on using PS2 version and the first person offline part of it. I don't always have a broadband connection. I do while in college but once I leave I have to go back to 56K modem. Plus, I am a huge non-internet gaming person.

Originally posted by joesdomain

I would love to get this game when it comes out in the fall for pc but due to me being a poor college student and no job I can't buy a new pc with the required system requirements at this time. I plan on using PS2 version and the first person offline part of it. I don't always have a broadband connection. I do while in college but once I leave I have to go back to 56K modem. Plus, I am a huge non-internet gaming person.

I think you can only play in third-person view on the console versions of the game.

Also, I already have a good pc, so I'm not gonna want to spend my money on a HDD (and I don't like Final Fantasy all that much either...so there ya go).

Originally posted by Wai_TungLeung

If mod tools were avalible to the console then you would surely have to go looking around for a keyboard and mouse. Out of interest is a keyboard included with xbox live and ps2 online? Modelling with a joystick would not be the best idea in my opinion.

^Ditto^

PC all the way.

I still have yet to see a console system that even comes close to having the graphics and power of a pc. xbox is ok, but lets face it, if ur using the exscuse... "oh i can sit infront of my tv, grab a controler and play away and not worry about a keyboard and mouse",or " a control pad is more comfortable... or whatever....... ITS THE 21st century, there are adapters for all the major Console controlers for ur pc and find me a console that has better graphics than a 256meg video card with TV out. There is never going to have a console out preform a pc, and a pc will always be used as the one source almost every multi-platform game will be compared to. as far as mods for the console versions.. pfft yea right. as it stands a console has no need for a HD due to the fact that it doesn't store any of the game info other than saved games on some kinda seperate media/memory card....so what good is a hd for a game that runs on a system that doesn't need a hd, just a memory card?? and when a console starts needing a hd for its games u might as well get a pc anyway.

Originally posted by kc0neo

Although if a bug is released on the XBox version you are just stuck with it.;)

Not true, live can patch if needed. mostly we just get extra levels. but they patched unreal to fix a minor map bug.

How many differnt PC set ups are there, with different Opperating systems graphic/sound/modem and motherboards?

how many different Xbox set ups are there?

How many unforseen problems will a product have if its released on a machines that it was not tested on?

Can a company afford to buy and build every combination of PC that can run the game?

Therefore

PC = Bugs, errors, crashes and patches, and patches to fix patches. Anoyed customers and rants on forums.

Xbox = Put the disk in and play the game.

Xbox should be renamed to PCBox. They're basically the same. The only difference is that the PC will get mod tools and the Xbox will have slightly lower graphics capabilities.

The different combinations actually improve the PC's performence. As long as you have a good PC then PC is the best. By a lot.

However, if you can't afford a decent PC, then that box is the obvious choice.

I will be satified with my PS2. If I plan on playing it online then I will save my money and buy an internet adaptor. Good thing I am connected to a college server that is a broadband connection. I mentioned in early post that I would get a PC version if I had a updated computer. I might get it for PC just depends if I can find a part-time job to save up money for a new computer. Otherwise, PS2 is the only version I would get.

Originally posted by Ashfelt

Not true, live can patch if needed. mostly we just get extra levels. but they patched unreal to fix a minor map bug.

How many differnt PC set ups are there, with different Opperating systems graphic/sound/modem and motherboards?

how many different Xbox set ups are there?

How many unforseen problems will a product have if its released on a machines that it was not tested on?

Can a company afford to buy and build every combination of PC that can run the game?

Therefore

PC = Bugs, errors, crashes and patches, and patches to fix patches. Anoyed customers and rants on forums.

Xbox = Put the disk in and play the game.

It is very strange that you use a similar arguement I use, except I replace the word xbox with mac. lol

Archived