Home

Which Version Are You Buying PS2? X-box? PC?

DJ Adi

Getting it for PS2. POSSIBLY Xbox instead(thinking about getting one)

Why?

No compatability issues. No weird computer lag. I won't have to worry about updating my console left and right. I can sit on my couch. The controller is gods gift to gamers.

And if I get that godsend that is offline multiplayer mode, I can have all of my friends over my place to get loud and shoot blasters.

:evanpiel: <-- evil yoda

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All be getting it for Ps2. Mianly because my computer is pretty outdated with the video game stuff. sniff sniff. Either way this will be a great game. I will mainly use single player mode but if some day I ever get the stuff and then learn how to do internet multiplayer with Ps2 I might do that. I do wish that they possibly might do split screen. Who knows.

Another reason why I am getting the PS2 version of Battleefront in the fall is I support Sony Playstation and Playstation 2 Star Wars games. I was ticked off because Rebel Strike, Rogue Leader, Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy, Knights of the Old Republic, and Republic Commando were not on the PS2. I can only hope Lucasarts plans for one or two more star wars games for a 2004 release also. Plus, I don't have a job to save up money for a new computer. Old computers like mine with 8MB video cards can't keep up with today's video games.

buy a new xbox , its usually cheaper than getting it fixed.

(the other good thing about consoles. If my PC breaks, its tears and howling. If my xbox ever broke, it would cost less then the price of a video card for the PC)

• 1 year later...
Originally posted by DJ Adi

It doesn't matter what the PC will have better graphics and more ppl. I hate sitting in front of dam monitor uncomfortable looking at this gay 17" monitor and using dam mouse and keyboard. Lagg and Visual issues are huge too cause you always need the best hardware to actually play the game. And the dam connecting problems and stuff.

As for Playstation 2 and X-box you sit your ass comfortably on your cauch with a beer and some food beside you. With Home Theatre system bringing surround sound and 52" TV screen. Relaxing on the on the comfortable leather seats with a very comfortable and practical controller in your hand.

That's what I am talking about and I dont wont to get into any arguments over which system is better or not cause you already know what think and neither me or you going to change our opinions so don't start war in this post.

looking at a 17" is no prob for me i got a 32" tv hooked up to my pc and hard wear is no prob. So that means im going to get it on the pc for sure and o ya when im playing pc games im laying down playing them in my bed wireless keybord and mouse :D

• 2 weeks later...

PC as well

1) more players/servers on line

2) 64 players server (only 24 for PS2 and 32 for xbox)

3) for console the size of patcht is limited by the ridicolous HD memory size (15Mb for PS2 :D ) and bad patch support for console (still at the first patch in BF1 while pc version is at 1.3 beta )

4) no maps created by modders in console version

5) no voice chat for console version: you cant' join clans without voice chat - PC supports voice chat via other software (Teamspeak)

6) Network Adapter for PS2 or live kit for XBOX required: 30 euro average.

7) in PC version you can write your name with a keyboard (great invention.. :D )

8) ..

290) ...

13485) ....

PC for me. That is the only one I own. The PC's graphics are better than a console's, because they are updated more often. When a console come out, they are just as good as a new PC, but the PCs can be upgraded the next month. It takes a few years for a new console.

I never play a game on the PC a full graphics levels. Turn them down low for faster online gaming. You can only see so much detail on the half inch screen I have anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived