Home

Monkey ISland 3 lagging sound problem!!

GFX

Hi im new to this forum, my name is Glen :D (ok, im bad at introductions 9_9)

Anyway.. I wanted to play Monkey Island 3 again and i installed it in Windows XP and it actually runs fine, but i have a problem, the graphics are quite dark.... i mean, is like if i had my monitor at 30% brightness only O_o' when is 100%, also the contrast.

So i decided to use the ScummVM, the game loads fine and it looks great as it should be... but the sound is lagging, and sometimes is difficult to understand what the characters are saying because the lagg chops the speaches.

I downloaded and installed the update for my VDMsound and the launchpad, but it didnt fix the sound problem, used all the sound features in the ScummVM Quick and easy program, but the same problem ocurrs. i also use the maximum debug.. and the same.

Used the ScummVM alone and it was the same... and the VDM quick and easy didnt have the option for Monkey Island 3 :(

How can i fix either of the problems?

I have a soundblaster live, and a gforce ti4400, an AMD 2.400+ 640MB ram.

Thanks in advance :)

By lowering the graphic filter it got worst O_o'

I also tested it with Fullthrottle and it does exactly the same :(

There seems to be a problem with something.. and i dont know what it is.

Any thoughts?

BTW, im using ScummVM 0.6.0pre

Originally posted by GFX

I downloaded and installed the update for my VDMsound and the launchpad, but it didnt fix the sound problem, used all the sound features in the ScummVM Quick and easy program, but the same problem ocurrs. i also use the maximum debug.. and the same.

Used the ScummVM alone and it was the same... and the VDM quick and easy didnt have the option for Monkey Island 3 :(

Increasing debug levels will only make the game run slower. If both VDMSound -and- ScummVM are causing sound lag, there is simply something wrong with your computer. It would be almost impossible for both programs to have the same problem.

Perhaps you should run a virus scan, an adaware scan, and upgrade all your drivers. Or run a system which doesn't have random inexplicable problems like Linux or a Mac :o)

LOL, yes i know that 1x is lower than 2x or 3x, even more when it says "normal".

Im starting to think there is some compatibility issues with another program or programs.

i tryed with several different settings and still nothing... though at 3X with high debug is still the best option in my case.

Ill open the program in Windowns ME to see what happends.

Thanks anyway.

Archived