Home

What would you like to see added to Galaxies by the summer?

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Excluding the space expansion - what would you like to see change/added to Galaxies.

Im not playing it any more for stated reasons but may be a shift in the timeline might tempt me to come back - say - the rebels moving to Hoth.

DMUK

Well, from reading on the forums, i think some more bug fixes are needed. :p

(But thats only my oppion from reading threads on these forums)

Aside from that... Im not sure as i havent played it yet... Lol, Doh!

9 days to go! (Untill i get Broadband & play SWG)

[EDIT:]

Please dont take this post as a negative one, thanks.

Well, now that you bring it up...

I started playing SWG in the month of August, stopped, then started up again Late December-Late January when I quit once again.

Things i'd like to see in this game:

-Visible Beverage Items that can be held in the player's hand (Along with Drink animations)

-More of an emphasise on the Bartender, I'd like to see that as a profession. (Starting up your own cantina would be something...)

-More fluid and natural interaction with NPCs (I really despise just running up to them to grab missions without even bothering to read what they have to say. At this point NPCs are just eyecandy to me.)

-Random/Occassional Space Battles overhead. (example--A deleted scene of ANH shows Luke viewing the 'Star Destroyer - Tantive IV Chase Scene' from a pair of Electrobinoculars. I was sitting in a cantina once when all of a sudden there was a loud and trembling blast coming from outside. The first thing I thought-Tie Bombers or Y-Wings attacking the city! I go outside and what do I find--some damn guys shooting each other with explosives, hitting the wall of the cantina in the process.)

-Revamp of the Smuggler Profession so that players do not soley interact with them for Bumping of Stats on their weapons or the purchase of Spice.

-Less combat oriented Story Acts that focus more on central elements of Star Wars such as stealth and espionage.

-Especially on the proclaimed and 'unofficial' roleplaying server, Starsider, MORE ROLEPLAYING AND LESS 1337-SEEKING GRINDERS!!!

Meh, that's all I can think of for now...

More proffessions, particalary non combat proffs, such as

-the bartender idea above which is brilliant.

-Maybe make something more of merchant and add a traveling shop and mobile vendor that they can set up in any starport etc.

-A surgeon proffession which can create and implant permenat bio upgrades to players bodies. eg, mechanically enhanced bisceps which give a permenat +300 to strength or bio leg muscles for increase in quickness etc. Allow limbs and physical damage to happen to player which only surgeons can repair. Eg... in a star wars theme, hands getting chopped off in a battle with a swordsman and the need for a prostheic hand.

- reduce the number of player cities to force more people to join fewer ones and not have ghost towns like we have atm

- open up buildings in NPC cities for players to own to set up shops, small cantinas etc

- new races added.

- new planets added.

- new vehicles added

- no 'covert' status which will make people think harder before joining a faction.

I think there is a skill tree in the chef profession that, when mastered, gives the title of bartender. Not the same thing though, I suppose. Perhaps some people would like to see the non-combat professions be a little bit more like in the Sims or something...random (or not so random) events that happen no matter what your plans are.

Or perhaps that's too much like Real Life, heh.

The one thing I would like to be able to do most is ride around in my AT-ST. I'm sick of the bloody thing trailing behind me even when I'm going slow in my landspeeder, when I know there's room for me in there! As long as it's impossible to fight while I'm in it, like vehicles, I'm sure noone would mind.

Failing that: Fix the bugged imperial officer's hat and give us stormtrooper scout armor! And add the gearchange sound effect to the bikes!

Pnut_Master, I agree completely with your ideas of more visible drinks and emotes, I could definitely see Bartender as a profession. I don't know what, but something needs to be done to bring the community back to the big cities, or back together, for that matter... Maybe exclusive things you can get only in the Dev cities, hell, I don't know, anyone have ideas??

Originally posted by SSJ4Goku

Pnut_Master, I agree completely with your ideas of more visible drinks and emotes, I could definitely see Bartender as a profession. I don't know what, but something needs to be done to bring the community back to the big cities, or back together, for that matter... Maybe exclusive things you can get only in the Dev cities, hell, I don't know, anyone have ideas??

Dunno about you, but I'm on bloodfin. All the major cities are packed all hours of the day, coronet, dant mining outpost, theed, mos eisely etc.

Well, I'm on Kettemoor, and last I checked, (which was sometime back in January...)there was hardly anyone anywhere, save for Bestine and Anchorhead. If you saw someone in the player cities, it was rare, and to see a whole bunch of people, well, that was near to impossible...

exactly, which is what my suggestion is about. Theres too many player cities. People are spread out all over. If you reduced the number of player cities people would be forced to live /place vendors in fewer cities which will lead to more popultaed player cities.

The NPC cities are very busy but tend to just be full of people checking the bazzar, in the med centre or cantina , picking up misisons or spamming the place with adverts.

If the NPC buildings were opening up to players to make shps etc, it would become a real centre of commerce instead of forcing people into the hundreds of player cities that exist.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure if this will happen, and maybe I'm missing something. Being relatively new to all this stuff I learn something new every day that makes me think to myself 'duh why didn't I pick up on that before'. So please tell me if this is one of those cases.

I am a Doctor on Intrepid and can not tell you the number of times I've been teffed by healing or buffing a fellow Rebel. Sometimes I think to ask but more often then not it's just second nature. Sometimes they volunteer the info but mostly they do not say a thing. There have been plenty of times where I am killed during a buff or after. That's life, but I would like to be able to tell if a Rebel is teffed.

Oh and with the space expansion will they add Hoth?

Ah...one thing I thought of during a small storm on Naboo (rain on Naboo?? Go figure) is that it would be quite interesting for them to add occassional bolts of lightening that could strike buildings, trees or players. Hehe that probably won't happen but it sure would make the almost constant rain on Naboo a bit more interesting.

Anyway I love the game and deal with the bugs as they come so I have not thought about this too much. I'll ask my more opinionated friends online and post again. Great question to ask!!! Good luck to you all.

AH I thought of another thing!!

I would LOVE to see them add a /consentbuff to the Doctor proffession. People have to consent to be revived and this would cut down on the amount of Doctors on the opposit faction running around and giving terrible but Looong lasting buffs to random people. Did I hear they are considering adding the ability to remove old buffs? That would help, but would still cost you money if you received an unwanted 'drive-by' buffing. That is quite annoying. Thoughts?

Archived