Home

My home state just banned air-conditioning

C Shutt

OMFG! Turn off the computer right now!!!111

It makes me wonder:

Australia should be the perfect country for alternative energy sources. Lots of sunny days and free flat areas for photovoltaic panels, the big cities are all near the coast and could use wind and tidal power...

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Alien426

OMFG! Turn off the computer right now!!!111

It makes me wonder:

Australia should be the perfect country for alternative energy sources. Lots of sunny days and free flat areas for photovoltaic panels, the big cities are all near the coast and could use wind and tidal power...

Annoyingly, local governments don't think that way. Look at Las Vegas, get's most of it's power from the Great hoover Damn, but still needs the polluting power plants to fully power the place (despite most of the bright lights and stuff being quite energy efficient, there's just a whole lot of them.) weird think is, it's mainly sunny in Vegas, so obviously, solar power would be a good option, right, this would cause less reliance on the power plants and therefore less pollution? So why the hell don't they do it?

Anyway, off topic a bit there. But yeah, that sucks. i mean, in the middle of a heatwave, of course you're expected to use more electtricity. So wouldn't it be better to stop using something else instead of air conditioners, something that's more of a luxery than a nessecity? meh, governments!

• 8 months later...

Actually, anyone in the USA is entitled to install solar panels on their house if they want to. In fact, if you draw in more power than you need, the state is legal bound to buy the excess energy from you. So provided it's sunny enough to break even, it'll pay for itself eventually.

You really oughtta read more.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived