Home

If You Are Going To Play Online Come Here.

pink lightsaber

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm Michael. I live in New Jersey and am 28.

My interests in gaming include RPGs like Baldurs Gate, the Mechwarrior series of games, Medal of Honor Allied Assault, Battlefield 1942 and the mod for it, Desert Combat. I'm currently playing Battlefield Vietnam.

Outside of PC gaming I enjoy paintball, tabletop RPGs and long strolls on the beach :-P

lukeiamyourdad, well said back on the 14th BTW. I know it's a bit late to comment but I could not have said it better myself...well maybe slightly better but babg up job anyway ;)

I don't understand the dislike for clan however. Most have a dim view of kiddy clans I think and they are largly the ones that create the bad rep. I realize the age bracket is a bit younger in this forum so I will try not too be too insulting (most player of the battlefield games are in their mid-20s so this is an adjustment) however most clans formed of mainly teenagers or younger tend (on average) to be on the immature side and filled with greifers of all sorts.

I belong to a team for the Battlefield games and we have attempted to allow those under 18 to join. However, more often than not we have to remove them for either acting poorly towards another team, cheating, exploiting, or just generally acting like a smacktard...basically behaving in a way that reflected poorly on our team as a whole. I think we have two players currently on our team who have proven mature enough to play with the rest of us who are aged between 19 and 47.

Anyway, a mentally mature team is an asset, not a bane, on the community. It also raises the bar if play. In a game like Battlefield 1942, Desert Combat or BF Vietnam, where gameplay is particularly tactical, a clan with good teamwork and communications skills (headsets) will decimate an unorganized opponent. Games such as these ARE MADE TO BE PLAYED as a team. You aren't getting everything out of the game if you are not. For those of you that have not played the Battlefield games, I feel very strongly that Battlefront will be the same in this regard.

By the way guys, there is a program called xfire. IF you all want to game together, even iof not as a clan, I would suggest downloading this. It makes it easier to find and join the servers your buddies are on. It's basically an instant messanger for gamers :-)

if you have a clan you can test them in a battle and have loyal teammates. if you can get a clan like that then you will be able to set up ambushes, offensives, tell them to stay here "if your the leader of it or sencond or third" and other stuff. work together and you will be succesful. run around and separate and you will die:mob:

Originally posted by Dr.Davidson

completely agree, just hadnt felt like typing this whole text.

and btw, also playing bfv every free minute...

Roger That!

;)

Connect to xfire and join me in a game sometime. I get online by 10:30 PM EST.

Originally posted by Eagle Warrior

if you have a clan you can test them in a battle and have loyal teammates. if you can get a clan like that then you will be able to set up ambushes, offensives, tell them to stay here "if your the leader of it or sencond or third" and other stuff. work together and you will be succesful. run around and separate and you will die:mob:

Yes, teamwork such as this is important based on what Battlefront will likely be like. Capping and maintaining various control points with a combination of infantry, ground vehicles, air vehicles and fire support takes a lot of coordination.

Also, yall will be screaming for a clan after you start seeing people who can't fly camping air vehicles just to crash them into mountainsides, swandering your team's resources, teamkilling, and those dopes that will take off in a vehicle that can hold half a dozen guys all by himself.

Also, no one player can win in a game like this. I don't care how good you are individually, this IS NOT UT!!!! I have seen games where one team would have twice the kills as the other team, yet the other team won the match. Why? Teamwork! They were less interested in personal kills and more interested in winning.

Hey all, my name is Mark. I'm 26, I live in Washington DC, and I'm a software engineer.

I hung out at the Star Wars Galaxies forums for a long time before the game was released, and even participated in Beta 3. But, the game just didn't really live up to everything it could have been--my personal feeling is that MMOs that are built around existing licenses with existing histories are bound to get boring pretty quickly, because all the "coolest" stuff in the galaxy has already been established. For example, no matter how "uber" your Jedi character becomes in SWG, you could never kill Darth Vader, because the continuity won't allow it. Contrast that with an open-ended fiction where it hasn't been determined what or who are the great feats, or most powerful enemies--like EQ, for example--and I think the open-ended format works better.

So, I'm really excited to be able to grab a blaster pistol and recreate some of the best battles from the Star Wars mythos in style. I just picked up UT2K4 and am an Onslaught junkie, and I've been playing FPSes since Wolfenstein 3D and playing online FPSes since the original Quake.

Greetings to everybody!

btw... how will your nick in the game be/ how is your nick in the games you yet play? just so that we dont pass on by each other...

my name is Dr.Davidson @ almost every game i play, but in baldurs gate 2 im Shalazzar, yet i dont play it online most of the time...

Archived