Home

hmmm (insert CD 1?)

Rumor

So i was at a LAN this weekend

and we were going to play Siege

(its fun as **** on lan with 32 players)

so i was like sure, I'll run the server, etc.

since I'm the only one thats ever really

played ja.

So I install and try to start up the game,

and i get this:

post-2-1077173867.jpg

I think you have to have the disk in the same drive it was originally installed from.

Here is the key from Windows Registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\1.0

Name: CDPath

Type: REG_SZ

Data: <drive game was installed from>

Either put the disk in the drive you installed from, or edit the Registry to change the CDPath value.

I own the legit version of the game.

The cloned copy of it I made only works for Multiplayer.

For Single Player I have to have the original disc 1 in the drive to play.

If you're using a cd crack or shall we say "warez" version you downloaded in order to have a backup (I'll give you the benefit of the doubt) that's not good enough.

But for MP play, a cloned (1:1 copy of disc 1 original) should be fine.

Otherwise I guess try reinstalling (from the original discs) and then apply the patch and see what happens.

Originally posted by Andy867

If you look at the bottom right corner on the back of the JA Box, it specifically says

NOTICE: This game contains technology that is intended to prevent copying.

so looks like you have to use the original. :confused:

I've only had my original out of the case twice. 1. to rip it with alcohol, and this second time to install.

I do not use nocd cracks. i rip an image to my harddrive. It worked throughout my time playing ja competitively. It worked for SP as well.

Now, since i formatted alcohol refuses to rip, therefore i have to use the physical discs.

I can't say about ripping or Alcohol 120%, but Clone CD makes a pretty good copy of CD1. However, due to the copy protection it still isn't good enough to play SP (but should be fine for MP).

Once you've installed the game from the original CD try that.

Anyway, that's what worked for me.

PS: Note that this thread and posts should in no way condone piracy of Raven/LucasArts products.

I thought everone knew your CD has to be called the same thing as the original. I know because a year ago, i made a backup of JK2, and called the CD JK2BackupCD, and tried to play, and it didnt work, i renamed it jediknight2 (or whatever the CD is called) and it worked fine. A little slower (prolly the burn speed) but still...

Boys, don't fight. At least not here on our forums (how about in the game?).

Flamewars solve nothing (except to make those involved in them appear childish).

And what are you doing back so soon after you were banned AxVegeta?

We don't hand those out just to be cute you know...

Originally posted by Kurgan

We don't hand those out just to be cute you know...

Just curious here.. have you personally ever banned me? I think this is my 4th go-around on lf and I can't remember if you've actually ever banned me or not. But, I always thought it was kind of cute.

Ok, APPARENTLY, neither of you are smart enough to listen to Kurgan about stopping the flaming and pointless bickering, so I took the liberty of closing this thread, in which case, it will be soon forgotten and then archived and then eventually deleted. etc.

~Thread Closed~

Archived