Home

The Wonders of the Galaxy!

swphreak

(I'm nicking this off a TF.N thread)

Here's an interesting topic I "stumbled upon," What do you think would be the 20 or so wonders of the galaxy so fr, far away?

Here's some of mine:

• The Maw Cluster - a cluster of Black Holes near each other, and somehow, the Empire made a top secret scientific installation there.
  • Coruscant - it's a giant city... covering he entire planet
  • Kessel Mines - how and what produces Glitterstim?
  • The Qeulla (I'll get back to you with correct spelling) - Unknown Alien race whose ship is bringing them back to life
  • Hyperspace/Hyperdrive - No one can rememebr where it came from
  • The Force - It's a mystery, at least to the normies
  • Ithor's diverse forest - forest covers planet*
  • Outbound Flight Project - No one knows what happeed to it, and little knew about it**
  • The Unknown Regions - an unexplored mystery

And more as I think of them.

What Wonders of the Galaxy would you include?

Until the Yuuzhan Vong destroyed it that is.

Question may be answered in new book by Zahn

I agree with you on most of those.

Mine:

1. The Maw.

2. The Corellia System, particularly Centerpoint Station - all artificial and nobody has any stinking idea how.

3. This is an NJO spoiler:

Zonama Sekot - a freakin living planet.

4. Coruscant

5. The Valley of the Jedi

6. The Death Stars - just in terms of pure technology.

7. The Vortex Cathedral of Winds enhanced quantum technology. (Somebody remind me of the name, PLEASE!) *has been edited to show that has been reminded...*

8. Another NJO spoiler:

Yuuzhan'tar's rings before their collaps by Zonama Sekot's arrival.

9. The Force

10. The Valley of the Sith

11. the architecturally fantastic bridges - the Canyonade - on a planet - called Cejansij - that Luke visits in Specter of the Past, also that I cannot remember the name of... *but now I do remember... hehehe*

More later, of course. And the names of these.

Another wonder of the Galaxy is tha miracle liquid, Bacta. Amazing healing properties saved millions/billions (especially on Coruscant with the Krytos Virus).

anyone remember the story of the renegade Twi'leks who put the victims in a bacta tank, inject an electric current and torture until near death, then let the bacta heal them...

It was made of crystals that sang in the wind, and the winged creatures who lived on the planet would fly around and cover holes, using it like a giant organ kinda thing. But then Ackbar had his ship sabotaged and he crashed it into the cathedral destroying it. At least I think that's what it was.

Also, until Talon Karrde found it, the Katana Fleet was one of the wonders of the galaxy. it's come up in more than a few books when people are wishing for a miracle to save them...

If you consider this a spoiler (in other words, haven't read the Grand Admiral Thrawn trilogy) then shame on you

Archived