Home

SW Battlefront EXPANSION

YourBestFriend

I know, I know, the game isn't even out yet.. BUT

My guess is that if the game is any good, there will be an expansion set. I am betting that it would probably base itself more around vehicles and maybe even space combat. The following are things I don't expect to see in the game, but in the expansion.

TIE Interceptors

A-Wings

B-Wings

Capital starships

Death Star location

Coruscant

Originally posted by Wai_TungLeung

I think that is a fair guess. It is certainly an idea they might use, keep some of the vehicles and locations off the game and make us buy the expansion.

This is very true. Bait us in and let us swallow it whole just like they have done with Galaxies. I bet a lot of people are playing right now just to get up enough money to buy there own star destroyer while they have been paying 15 dollars just to kill and wait. I don't have a problem with that as long as the expansion does not suck

i know this probably won't happen, but it be cool if they did a space battle expansion where you are either on a battle cruiser manning a certain station, like gunner, captain, engineer, etc., or are in a fighter. during the battles you could try and board an oppossing teams ship or just blow it up, run up and down the ship trying to make repairs with stuff blowing up all around you. just a dream, since they are giving us a ground battle game the only thing left is a large scale space battle game.

As long as the game is well-received by fans (in other words, they make a ton of money) there will probobly be an expansion pack.

In my mind, since the originial game will focus on the movies, the expansion would focus more on the expanded universe. Kepp in mind, if LucarsArts has an EA-style approach, then we could see additional maps/vehicles from the movies as part of game patches.

If that was the case, then the expansion pack could focus on battles from the comics, books, even other video games. That would also give the designers much more freedom in terms of designing levels.

One thing I would love to see at some point, probobly after Episode III comes out is a game based on the New Jedi Order books. I could see a new X-wing game, JK game, and even an expansion for Battlefront based on that series.

Originally posted by Thrawn

As long as the game is well-received by fans (in other words, they make a ton of money) there will probobly be an expansion pack.

I agree. An expansion will probably be up to us, as fans and players, and our response to the initial product. Or at least that would be a heavily weighted actor.

Archived