Home

Kyle boss moves for other npc's and player.

jon_hill987

I was wondering how to make other npc's use the moves that the npc kyle_boss uses, the punches and so forth, i tryed using the kyle bos .npc file with a differant model and name it made a new npc but did not do the punches. it would also be good to be able to have the player charictr do that in sp or maybe even mp.

any ideas?

yeah and then type in give weaponnum 14 to get fists, (or just type in iknowkungfu but it sets all force powers to level 3). once you have fists up, you can press secondary + primary fire, forward + secondary + primary fire, or back + secondary + primary fire to do 3 different grapple moves on opponents while next to them :)

I found that you can make new npcs do the shadowtrooper cloak effect if you enter then imto the existing shadowtrooper.npc file, calling the new npc 'shadowtrooper3'. Prehaps putting a new npc in kyle.npc as kyle_boss2 will work? Might not and its not ideal all the same. I think you can set saber characteristics to use the grabs instead of the katas in the .sab file, so making a custom saber and giving it to the npc might work.

• 2 weeks later...

as sugested by Azrael666 I tried to make a new .sab file, to make a saber that used the graples instead of the other katathingy moves. I have two problems

1 I dont know what i need to put in the sab file to make it use the graples ( though I asumed it is something like, saberStyle graple)

2 i got this error when i tryed to make another one ayway and loaded up the game.

ERROR: filename length > MAX_QPATH ( strlen(Program Files/LucasArts/Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy/GameData/saber/ext_data/) = 83)

I used winzip to make the pk3 and havent had that problem before.

any ideas?

Originally posted by Azrael666

I think you can set saber characteristics to use the grabs instead of the katas in the .sab file, so making a custom saber and giving it to the npc might work.

Does anyone know how do do this?

I'm trying to make my own saber at the moment anyway

saber.bmp

I was thinking maybe if the player had their saber set to use the grabs they could do it without gdebugmelee.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I made my saber, can't get the kyle boss moves for it. I think you might have to replace the kata move with one of these but dont know which one, could someone tell me what all these attacks are please.

LS_A_TL2BR

LS_A_L2R

LS_A_BL2TR

LS_A_BR2TL

LS_A_R2L

LS_A_TR2BL

LS_A_T2B

LS_A_BACKSTAB

LS_A_BACK

LS_A_BACK_CR

LS_ROLL_STAB

LS_A_LUNGE

LS_A_JUMP_T__B_

LS_A_FLIP_STAB

LS_A_FLIP_SLASH

LS_JUMPATTACK_DUAL

LS_JUMPATTACK_ARIAL_LEFT

LS_JUMPATTACK_ARIAL_RIGHT

LS_JUMPATTACK_CART_LEFT

LS_JUMPATTACK_CART_RIGHT

LS_JUMPATTACK_STAFF_LEFT

LS_JUMPATTACK_STAFF_RIGHT

LS_BUTTERFLY_LEFT

LS_BUTTERFLY_RIGHT

LS_A_BACKFLIP_ATK

LS_SPINATTACK_DUAL

LS_SPINATTACK

LS_LEAP_ATTACK

LS_SWOOP_ATTACK_RIGHT

LS_SWOOP_ATTACK_LEFT

LS_TAUNTAUN_ATTACK_RIGHT

LS_TAUNTAUN_ATTACK_LEFT

LS_KICK_F

LS_KICK_B

LS_KICK_R

LS_KICK_L

LS_KICK_S

LS_KICK_BF

LS_KICK_RL

LS_KICK_F_AIR

LS_KICK_B_AIR

LS_KICK_R_AIR

LS_KICK_L_AIR

LS_STABDOWN

LS_STABDOWN_STAFF

LS_STABDOWN_DUAL

LS_DUAL_SPIN_PROTECT

LS_STAFF_SOULCAL

LS_A1_SPECIAL

LS_A2_SPECIAL

LS_A3_SPECIAL

LS_UPSIDE_DOWN_ATTACK

LS_PULL_ATTACK_STAB

LS_PULL_ATTACK_SWING

LS_SPINATTACK_ALORA

LS_DUAL_FB

LS_DUAL_LR

LS_HILT_BASH

I guessed some of them but havent a clue what some of them mean.

• 2 months later...

not sure what your trying to do, but I made an npc named Boda

code below:

boda

{

playerModel yoda

customSkin blue

saber kyle_boss

saberColor purple

weapon WP_SABER

FP_HEAL 2

FP_LEVITATION 3

FP_SPEED 3

FP_PUSH 0

FP_PULL 0

FP_TELEPATHY 0

FP_GRIP 0

FP_LIGHTNING 0

FP_RAGE 0

FP_PROTECT 0

FP_ABSORB 0

FP_DRAIN 0

FP_SEE 0

FP_SABERTHROW 0

FP_SABER_DEFENSE 3

FP_SABER_OFFENSE 3

rank ltcomm

reactions 5

aim 5

move 5

aggression 5

evasion 5

intelligence 5

hfov 160

vfov 160

hfov 120

vfov 120

playerTeam TEAM_PLAYER

enemyTeam TEAM_ENEMY

class CLASS_KYLE

snd yoda

sndcombat yoda

sndjedi yoda

scale 45

yawSpeed 180

walkSpeed 75

runSpeed 250

health 300

dismemberProbHead 50

dismemberProbArms 50

dismemberProbLegs 50

dismemberProbHands 50

dismemberProbWaist 50

}

Afterwards I tested it and compared his abilities with kyle_boss, they seem identical, I am not sure what you mean by grapple as well. Do you mean saberlocks? I tested a few and in 2 of 5 saber locks tested my saber was knocked from hand and Ever time I attacked both kyle_boss and boda while in their ready stances my saber was knocked away. Also I brought in a maul npc I created and eventually his saber was knocked away as well as broken by boda. Though if your talking about grappling in a melee sense I noted none such behavior, except for kicking no matter what sabers I have been giving my npc's including new saber files using new hilts they have the ability to kick. I have a Count Dooku who loves to kick the most. I will show code and saber code:

NPC:

dooku

{

playerModel gl_dooku

saber dooku

saberColor red

weapon WP_SABER

saberStyle 3

FP_HEAL 2

FP_LEVITATION 3

FP_SPEED 3

FP_PUSH 3

FP_PULL 0

FP_TELEPATHY 0

FP_GRIP 3

FP_LIGHTNING 3

FP_RAGE 0

FP_PROTECT 0

FP_ABSORB 0

FP_DRAIN 0

FP_SEE 0

FP_SABERTHROW 0

FP_SABER_DEFENSE 3

FP_SABER_OFFENSE 3

rank ltcomm

reactions 5

aim 5

move 5

aggression 5

evasion 5

intelligence 5

hfov 160

vfov 160

hfov 120

vfov 120

playerTeam TEAM_ENEMY

enemyTeam TEAM_PLAYER

class CLASS_DESANN

snd gl_dooku

sndcombat gl_dooku

sndjedi gl_dooku

scale 110

yawSpeed 180

walkSpeed 75

runSpeed 250

health 300

dismemberProbHead 50

dismemberProbArms 50

dismemberProbLegs 50

dismemberProbHands 50

dismemberProbWaist 100

}

Saber:

dooku

{

name @MENUS_SINGLE_HILT4

saberType SABER_SINGLE

saberModel "models/weapons2/dooku/dooku.glm"

soundOn "sound/weapons/saber/saberon.wav"

soundLoop "sound/weapons/saber/saberhum4.wav"

soundOff "sound/weapons/saber/saberoff.wav"

saberLength 40

saberColor random

}

If you want to find out what a certain move actually is, look up the animation for it within the code and then view that animation sequence on any humanoid skeleton via ModView.

For example, I want to see what LS_JUMPATTACK_DUAL is. I search for that within the code and locate this line in bg_saber.c:

{"DualJump Atk", BOTH_JUMPATTACK6, Q_R, Q_BL,	AFLAG_ACTIVE, 100, BLK_TIGHT, LS_READY, LS_T1_BL_TR, 200 }, // LS_JUMPATTACK_DUAL

Now I will open up ModView, open any of the humanoid skeleton files, select, and finally play that specific animation, which happens to be BOTH_JUMPATTACK6.

EDIT:

Obviously some of the moves may not be for humanoids, but searching through the code, loading up the relevant skeleton, and viewing the animation still stands.

Ok also the pull saber away thing I located in the anims.h which explains how it actually happened.

BOTH_LOSE_SABER, //# player losing saber (pulled from hand by force pull 4 - Kyle?)

this line is the animation used when the saber is pulled from your hand, it states with use of force pull 4 and kyle? That is interesting as I have played with all force at 5 and I can never perform that, maybe the players cannot have force 4 or 5 and therefore any model with it will lose it when put under player control. This shows there are 5 levels(from npc readme)

FP_PUSH 0 - force push level (0-5)

So that is my guess on the saber move someone was wondering about above.

Archived