Home

KotOR and KotOR2 Savegame Editor (KSE) - Current Version: 3.3.3

tk102

Waiser : what about just modifying the force sensitive feat that you get when you become a jedi and make it say 100 FP's rather then 40 (not sure what file it would be in or what to edit or id do it myself...) and supply it to the other jedi in your party from the get go so that they have it when you find them , this would require adding the p_bastilla etc files to the DL but thats easily done

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because that would really unbalance the game. Now that I think of it, it would be nice to make this a dark force feat that takes points fron your constitution and or strength and adds them to the base multiplier...

Again now that I'm warmed-up. How feasible would it be to add a dark force point penalty to using dark force powers?

Got it :(

However i have spotted a problem.

When i give my character a Jedi class instead of a normal class

(1st level Jedi Guardian istead of 1st level Soldier)

the Force point are not added.

So at the 20th level the real force pool is the one of a 19th level character!

Is there a way to modify this? :jedijawa:

dm: That's right. Your MFP and MHP, even though stored in the savegame, are not used directly upon game loading. They are calculated from your Attributes and any modifying items in your inventory and level. Meanwhile, your FP and HP are restored from the stored savegame values. However, they cannot exceed the MFP and MHP. (Try saving a game when your force or health is depleted and try editing your HP or FP back to MHP and MFP.)

Ossian: Although the savegame editor does not show MFP/FP when you add a Jedi class to a character that doesn't have it, upon load and saving that game, you will have MFP and FP. However, remember that you won't automatically have the Feat "Force Sensitivity" which grants you that additional 40 FP off the bat. But you can use the savegame editor to add that. So basically, the game will figure out your MFP and MHP for whatever level you are upon *loading* the game, not at level up. So you're okay.

You're right, but only if you add a class to a character.

I have replaced my original class with a jedi one (for the joy of having a 20th level jedi :D ).

My character has 10 CHA & 12 WIS so he got a +1 to his force points, but at the 20th level he had a total of 135 force points (4*19 + 40).

I have tried to generate a new character as a 1st level jedi guardian, but the HP (6) and FP (0) was the ones of the previous class (a scoundrel in this case).

TZ -- adding and removing party members would very likely screw up your game. It's safer to do that with scripting methinks.

-- Zip file is preferred? And to think that I was trying to make it easier... since there are custom dialogs that need to be put in the right folder and all. I'm pretty limited on webspace so it's either one or the other or I'll need to take down some other files.

I was thinking it might be a good idea to have KSE check the Override folder for spells.2da and use it if present.

Version 1.4.0 released

Will now read spells.2da if it exists in the Override folder. This allows custom spells to be added to the PC and NPCs.

Follow the link in my sig.

(Oh yeah -- reverted back to .zip format for you TZ...)

dm - Seriously? That's repeatable? Okay I'll assume so -- try your download again -- v1.4.1 has been uploaded. I tried to simplify some memory handling. There's really not much that's different between 1.4.0 and 1.3.3.

Looking for some feedback here -- anybody?

Ossian - :confused: I don't know what you mean exactly.

I assume you mean 1.3.0. So it actually rebooted your computer or did it just terminate the program?

In 1.3.3 a bug was fixed that caused the program to terminate abnormally when opening up a savegame that was saved at the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine.

I wish these problems would manifest themselves on Windows 2000 (my OS) so I could troubleshoot them before they get released. Who knew XP was so finicky?

Still waiting for feedback on v1.4.1.

Archived