Home

KotOR and KotOR2 Savegame Editor (KSE) - Current Version: 3.3.3

tk102

My game totally crashed when I came back from the Leviathan in my previous saves, I couldn't get out the Ebon Hawk, there was no workbench in the Ebon Hawk anymore, couldn't talk to NPC's, ...

So if I start a new game is it possible to add all star maps but one in my inventory so I can get a fast play from Dantooine to the Leviathan?

If this is possible, using KSE to skip playing through all the planets, how is it done, what do I need to do?

Thanks in advance

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
recently I reinstalled kotor on my computer after a long dryspell where I had uninstalled it along with all the mods I had in place along with the save game editor.

My problem is that I started a new game, only the files from my old/deleted game still appear with the save game editor which also does not show the new game or the new files in the editor when one clicks on it.

How do I fix this problem? Because it kinda defeats the purpose if I can't use the editor like I wish

I am quoting from a ways back here but I am currently having this issue as well. All of the entries are old saves which are no longer on my computer. Editing a new save failed to have the changes stick. Can anyone help resolve this issue?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!

I am new on these forums so...Hi

Here is the problem:

Ive already used kse in kotor1 and worked perfectly.

Im currently using it in kotor2 and trying to max out my character.The result is maxed out character that hits 1.What the (censored)???

I found something that it says that when you lvl up enemies lvl up too.Whats up with that.Any mod or anything to disable?

Cheers

Dawix - maxing your character at the very beginning can make your opponents too difficult for the weapons and armor you can find at that stage of the game.

rant : Also, you must be confused with the last point of your post?!? All enemies level up as you level up, in just about any game made for < 3 year olds. This has been the case since Karateka. And long before... Hell, Pong's levels got harder and harder, otherwise you could just play forever! /rant

So, at the beginning of the game, go ahead and set yourself up with high attributes and skills, but leave your level and XP alone. If you are still level 1 but have 25 strength, your foes will fly or fall.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

first of all I'd like to thank you for making such a program fully capable with Kotor 1 and 2.

Though, I have a slight problem. Or well slight, it's actually kind of huge.

You see, the program works fine until I reach the fase that I load my savegame, and I come to the conclusion that it never worked. I am talking about my Kotor 2 savegame.

I am not sure what I did wrong, perhaps someone could help me out on this?

All I did was unpack the .rar on my desktop and started using the program, should I perhaps move it to my Lucasarts map?

It would be mighty kind of you all to help me out on this one, because this might be my only option to get over my bug!

Thanks,

Elias.

Sometimes, the game can't assimilate some changes, some times, an item with a bad Resref, other times appearence that don't work, etc...

So, if you can tell me all the modifications you did, maybe i could tell you exactly how to fix it ^^

Sometimes, the game can't assimilate some changes, some times, an item with a bad Resref, other times appearence that don't work, etc...

So, if you can tell me all the modifications you did, maybe i could tell you exactly how to fix it ^^

Ah! I never thought about that..

I changed:

-The time, changed it two minutes back, but I only did this after I found out it didn't work, and I wanted to be sure no changes were taking place when I pressed the commit changes button

-Credits, of course the credits, one could never have enough of those! Changed it to 99999999 (Perhaps a little tad too much :p)

-Chemicals and Components, both to 10000.

-The quest lost in shadows (The one bugged) Master Vrook would not leave the cell after I killed all the mercenaries, so I continued the quest. After a while I got to the point that I had to defend the base (I must add that I did bring everything in the favour of the mercenaries) and just after the cutscene I get a black screen, in which I can only move if I press both mousebuttons at the same time (I checked the map and I actually moved, thus I know I was capable of moving) and I can move the mouse around the black screen.

Now what I did here was change it from 30 (You found Master Vrook held prisoner by mercenaries in the kinrath cave.) to 70 (You found Master Vrook held prisoner by the mercenaries, but you decided to let the mercenaries ship him off to Nar Shaddaa. Vrook will probably be very upset with you if you meet him again.) and I thought this might clear the bug.

-I also changed all of my stats (Strength, wisdom et cetera) and skills (Computer, security et cetera) to 50.

And last but not least:

- I changed my GoodEvil to 20 (It was first on 18, and I hoped by turning it to 20 I might become entirely evil, not sure if that's the way to change my evilness though :p)

Thanks in advance!

Elias.

Well, i have never modified a quest with KSE, i think the proble might come from that. See if you don't have an auto save, to roll back, and put the quest as before. When you have I have a bug like you with brook, i often try to reload the game, it's better if you have a savegame before entering the cave when vrook is already in.

Have you any other changes in your game, like mods etc?

For the rest, i have already do it and all worked fine, but sometimes when you change too many things the savegame is screwed up, so the better would be if you have an other save game, like an auto save, and make the changes one by one, to be sure that there isn't any problem, and if there is know which change is responsible. Often the probems are caused by the appearance, the items, and the feats/force powers.

the credits, i think there is a limit, wich no matter how much you put, it would be set at a limit.

And to have max evileness put it to 0 ^^

Entirely evil: 0=======50 neutral======>100 Entirely Good

Me too x), well in general there is never problems when you just put some items, and change the stats, if we don't consider the bad resref problems, but you can see it before summit changes, and fix it with kotor tool. An sometimes you can fix it just getting back, and putting the savegame as before.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure, but Elias' issue seems to be in loading the save into KSE, not the game.

the program works fine until I reach the fase that I load my savegame

All I did was unpack the .rar on my desktop and started using the program

If that isn't what the question is about, well I'll ask it because I'm having that problem now. I edited a save to add in a few simple items which saved fine. I downloaded and installed another mod (a one-item mod, nothing big) so I go open the same save back up to add in the new item and I got a bunch of errors when I click to view the inventory list (I didn't pay attention to what they were exactly) so I figure since that .exe has been sitting in its folder for a few years maybe that's the problem and replace KSE with a newly extracted version (both were v3.3.3). Now when the save tries to load in KSE the program seems to go in a loop as it gorges itself with memory and doesn't get anywhere. This save loads fine in game, and the other saves seem to load well in KSE though I haven't tried editing them.

EDIT: I loaded the problematic save in-game and made a second save after it which is getting what seem to be the same error messages, so if you need them I can tell you what they say.

So, idk what happened, but awhile back, shortly after taris, i used KSE and it deleted all of my party members. By some fluke, Bastila and Carth were re added, but im not at the point where ive just gotten off the leviathan and the conversations cant progress because the only characters i have are carth, juhani, jolee, and hk.

Can anyone help me out?

So, idk what happened, but awhile back, shortly after taris, i used KSE and it deleted all of my party members. By some fluke, Bastila and Carth were re added, but im not at the point where ive just gotten off the leviathan and the conversations cant progress because the only characters i have are carth, juhani, jolee, and hk.

Can anyone help me out?

You must have done something with a boolean to wipe out the whole party. Playing with numericals and other booleans is something you CAN do with KSE, not particularly something you SHOULD do. It can be a giant mess, and as you see without party members, a game-breaker.

KSE doesn't make changes like that unless you told it to :(

Hi,

I have a Problem on NarShadaa. The Red Ecplise enter my ship again after i fought them.

But when i enter the ship there is no captain i can fight against. I just have changed the 1st Savegame by editing the Credits.

I wanted to ask whether anyone else had this problem too or someone knows how to fix it? Maybe you are able to disable the trigger in the savegame?

Greetings

Hi,

I have a Problem on NarShadaa. The Red Ecplise enter my ship again after i fought them.

But when i enter the ship there is no captain i can fight against. I just have changed the 1st Savegame by editing the Credits.

I wanted to ask whether anyone else had this problem too or someone knows how to fix it? Maybe you are able to disable the trigger in the savegame?

Greetings

Hey there Nikon, I am having the exact same problem you have. I did some searching and found this post.

Tupac Amaru

06-23-2006, 03:10 AM

The Visquis message doesn't have happen right after the Eclipse encounter. The Red Eclipse will trigger the first time you return from the Refugee sector. For the Visquis message you need the Red Eclipse encounter and do enough deeds that will annoy or please the Exchange. Once that is fullfilled the message triggers when walking around the Refugee Landing Pad area (it might work in other modules as well). It is likely you simply haven't done enough quests yet to get the attention from the Exchange. Kaalah-Nah, the bat guy in the entertainment promenade, can help you with that, for some credits.

In case you have done all quests and paid Kaalah-Nah, download the Kotor Savegame Editor (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php#kse), make sure the following variables are set and change them if neccessary:

Under Globals -> Numerics:

-> 300NAR_Exchange_Gap: must be 8 or higher (got enough attention from the Exchange)

-> 302NAR_Entered: must be 1 (visited the Refugee Quad)

-> 303NAR_Entered: must be 1 (visited the Docks)

Under Quests -> Landing Rights: quest state must be either 90 or 91. (resolved the Red Eclipse takeover)

As mentioned, you get the Visquis message by walking around the Refugee Landing Pad. You don't have to enter the Ebon Hawk again. It shouldn't take more than a few seconds.

If this still fails, go to Globals -> Booleans -> 300NAR_Visquis_Call: This should still be 'no'. Set it to 'yes' and the game should behave as if you had received the invitation from Visquis.

I'm going to try it now, and if it works I'll be sure to edit my post :D.

*EDIT*

It didn't work for me. I've tried ever combination of the above with KSE, but I can seem to get the Ebon Hawk back to normal. Its still as if The Red Eclipse are attacking...except no one is inside! I am using the Restored Content Mod, do you guys think that may have had something to do with it? If you guys have any advice on how to get past this problem without starting over, I'd love it hear it ;).

ty for the hk-47 melee mod seikan

i got a new problem now XD i restarted my game but evry time i open up the savegame editor it shows all the data from my other quick save how can i reset it? i alredy tried deleting evrything from temp folders but that didnt work

• 2 weeks later...

Have the 3.3.3 version and I keep getting 'Attempted to read past end of end of dialog.tlk

(tried to read string 136411 but dialog.tlk has 136321 entries)

KotOR2 Spells.2da'

Anyone have any idea as to what this is and how to fix it?

First, I want to say that this is a very pretty program. Organized and easy to navigate.

After playing the game through, I decided I wanted to play it again "enhanced" so I got this. However, I seem to be running into a bit of a problem. I've taken the liberty of giving myself some chemicals and components, some money, some items, and gave a boost to my stats. I went through and hit the Commit Changes button when I was finished, and got a message saying that it was successful. Now, when I go to open my save, everything loads fine with no errors or glitches that I can see...except none of the changes I made took effect. Is there something that I missed or forgot to do? I have no mods in my override folder either.

EDIT: Nevermind. Forgot to run it as administrator. :p

• 2 weeks later...

Hy!

I would like some help. From this forum, I downloaded an archive of TSL (kotor 2) savegames. Even though I know how to make an xbox savegame (edited by kse), I don't know how to make a legitimate and working xbox savegame of the archived TSL saves - even though I know how to handle the .sig files and all - .

So my request would be that someone pls help me in this by writing down the steps, how can one make a legitimate and working xbox savegame from a savegame that is in those arcihves.

Itt would be appreciated, for I can't get pass the peragus mining tunnels, because my x360 freezes everytime the game loads that area.

Waiting your help respectfully

Imperator

EDIT:

Can anyone help me?

Archived